The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Caring for Leather Pouch Question (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Hello All

This question is focused to the Leather makers out there , Specifically to Gazzo , G. Knight ..
Does a Leather Pouch need to be oiled , as from what I understand when leather dryes out , it tends to crack ,split and then rot .
Appreciate any leather craftsman advice on this Topic.

m123
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I use Dr. Jackson's Hide Rejuvenator from Tandy when leather gets dry.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13396 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
You can use "leather food" if you want to.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Check CustomCruisers.com for leather care products. I use leather dressing on the saddlebags and tank bra on my bike to waterproof them and protect tem from drying out, as well as on my pouch.
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Thaank you Mr , Frank Starcini
Yet Im Amazed that the makers of such Great Products ie : G,.Animal/ Knight , And Gary Osbourn aka Gazzo .
Expensive Products for those in the Conjuring Trade.... Yet you would Think they would offer thought / advice as to
thought into How to care for such a Pricey Prop,

M123
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
665 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
I'm amazed that you misspelled Frank's name even though it is right above his pic.
The two Garys may be more responsive if you spell their name correctly, but I doubt it. Maybe if you actually purchased a pouch from them, but they are generally performing so they don't frequent The Café. Why don't you check out Leo's advise?
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2014, Magic.J.Manuel wrote:
I'm amazed that you misspelled Frank's name even though it is right above his pic.
The two Garys may be more responsive if you spell their name correctly, but I doubt it. Maybe if you actually purchased a pouch from them, but they are generally performing so they don't frequent The Café. Why don't you check out Leo's advise?

I'm amazed you wrote Leo's advise instead of Leo's advice.
RobbinMarksMagic
View Profile
New user
Ohio
28 Posts

Profile of RobbinMarksMagic
I have been doing custom leather work for years the best stuff for the abuse that our props take is Fiebing's Aussie Leather Conditioner W/ Beeswax. It not only conditions it also water proofs
http://www.amazon.com/Fiebings-Leather-C......0DL74ESS
"Money is how people without talent keep score."
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I've recently picked up leather crafting in the past year to make my table servantes, and while I'm new to the craft, I have found Neatsfoot Oil to be the best solution...

It comes from the shinbones, and foot of the cow (kind of gives you an idea of how every part of the cow is used, and no part is wasted)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neatsfoot_oil
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
634 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
I was fortunate to have the opportunity to see George's servante, and it's really good!
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Thanks Raff, great workin with you again.. Hopefully next year the festival doesn't get any rain :C
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
634 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
But over-cast would be good. That sun was brutal!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Caring for Leather Pouch Question (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL