The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Snow storm holder? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Hello everyone. Searched with no success. Looking for a snow storm packet holder? A clip for under the jacket? I want to steal off the body. Any suggestions?
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Just thinking out loud. Could you use a billiard ball holder and just bend the wire to the shape of the load?
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Hmmm..... Let me see.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
If you buy the "Ultimate Snowstorm Set" you'll get a fan, some snowstorm packets to practice and a nice booklet called "Secrets of the Snowstorm" by Larry Maples & Raven. They teach you a lot of possiblities how to load the snowstorm packets.

Good luck!

Oliver.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
The best clips, holders, and magic secret stuff are the ones you make yourself.

experiment with different things out side of magic to make what you need.

also with out knowing your jacket and how you want to steal it and with which had and if you need to ditch at the same time or any other important info we cant really suggest much

the larry maples booklet does have some good info in it.

the only suggestion I can give from my got ideas lecture is use magnets.
the idea is to make an extra piece of material that has the magnets in it and sew some into your coat then by making a flap you put the snow load in there
now with one hand you can easily reach in and using a finger to separate the flap and the snow load will fall free into your hand.

of course motion will have to cover the motion but should work.

just my thoughts hope they help

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I have several extra pockets in my coats. 4 storms just sit there till needed.
No reason you can't use the bottom of a chalice, a thread-wrapped packet that hangs.

Basically. Where do your hands hang normally? Where do you hold your arm when you bend your elbow? Wherever you are most comfortable is the "spot" to hold something.

Read all the classics Hoffmans, Wilson's, dunningers, tarbells and you will answer the question 10 times over.

Editorial: why don't people read these books more often?
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
If you are looking for holder maybe you can consider to use Universal Holder by Alexander de Cova
c4rlito
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of c4rlito
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2014, Sam Sandler wrote:
The best clips, holders, and magic secret stuff are the ones you make yourself.

experiment with different things out side of magic to make what you need.

also with out knowing your jacket and how you want to steal it and with which had and if you need to ditch at the same time or any other important info we cant really suggest much

the larry maples booklet does have some good info in it.

the only suggestion I can give from my got ideas lecture is use magnets.
the idea is to make an extra piece of material that has the magnets in it and sew some into your coat then by making a flap you put the snow load in there
now with one hand you can easily reach in and using a finger to separate the flap and the snow load will fall free into your hand.

of course motion will have to cover the motion but should work.

just my thoughts hope they help

sam

Agreed there is no holder that can't be made without a coat hanger, magnets and gaffa tape!
Best Regards,
Matthew McGurk
British Magical Champion
https://www.matthewmcgurk.com
https://www.mymagiccourse.com/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dai Vernon's original handling is still the best way to obtain the snow storm. It is published in a little booklet called, "Select Secrets". It is the proper way to perform the Snow Storm, with the Torn and Restored Chinese Laundry Ticket type trick, followed by the snow storm.
elliottmagic
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of elliottmagic
Wrap the load in a tissue, then use a bent paper clip attached to a safety pin. The tissue helps contain the load if any of it decides to fall out.
MagicRhett
View Profile
New user
Cumberland, MD
54 Posts

Profile of MagicRhett
These are all good ideas. I'll have to try some.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Just another thought. Tape or glue a metal shim to the top of the load and use a strong magnet pinned to any part of your body as a load or to your table or a prop.
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, Darkwing wrote:
Just another thought. Tape or glue a metal shim to the top of the load and use a strong magnet pinned to any part of your body as a load or to your table or a prop.

This is a great piece of advise! Thanks for sharing! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Snow storm holder? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL