The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic SMS 2.0 and iPredict Pro (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Hey everyone I guess many people have seen my comments on both of these fantastic apps. I have got a lot of PM's about each of them and how they compare and contrast.

Needless to say I have got a lot of mileage out of both of these apps and in some of my performances I have used them both in conjunction to amazing results.

Some, if not most of you may know about these apps and what they do but I am going to tell you about them anyway because I get lots of questions.

First off Magic SMS 2.0 is a stand alone app which allows you to seemingly open the text feature of your iPhone, text a psychic friend of yours and then after texting the "psychic friend" you have a spectator choose a Color and a Playing Card. Then after a short time the psychic friend texts you back with the exact thought of card and thought of color. This is a brilliant application by Angelo Carbone. Everything about it screams authenticity. The cost is I believe around $16 American which is fantastic for this great app.

iPredict Pro is a texting and phone call based app. Instead of being a built in app that uses your phone it is a data system that connects to servers already set up by the creators. This allows you to use your own phone or any spectators smart phone. The spectator can send and receive actual text messages or phone calls. These are directed to a service called Twilio which handles and routes everything. There is a bit of learning curve to setting everything up but it is not hard at all. The app comes preset with playing cards and numbers. You also have a customizable option which you can make to whatever your heart desires. There are 75 outs. You can also have different outs for text and phone calls.
You can even have the spectator call your personal phone number. One of the bonuses is once you have performed this you automatically have the spectators phone number.
You can also connect this with another app called TeleFoto which makes everything work seamlessly. This is a fantastic app created by Greg Rostami and the cost is $99 plus a small fee to run the Twilio service.

Now here is the lowdown I work as a Professional Magician and Hypnotist. It is my only job. I don't mind paying for something that I know I am going to use. I highly recommend both of these apps. I even use them together with amazing results. If you want to know how feel free to private message me. With that being said if you are not a pro maybe you might get the most use out of Magic SMS 2.0 alone. If you want to be able to customize things and use a spectators phone then iPredict Pro is the way to go.

If you were going to ask me which app would I choose if I absolutely had to it would be iPredict Pro. It just does so much of what I am looking to accomplish in my magic performances. This does not take anything away from Angelo's great app. These are two of the best magic apps on the market. There are some other great ones but I have gotten so many questions comparing these 2 I felt it warranted a review here. Feel free to PM me with any additional questions.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Thanks Gordon for sharing your opinions. Glad you like the app. I agree iPredict Pro is a very cool app.

Just a minor correction, Magic SMS 2 is $9.99 and not $16. Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
Magic SMS 2 seems like a nice app, but unfortunately I only recently entered the smartphone era with an Android phone and I will not get an Iphone (probably ever) because of price.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you Gordon for your insight about both of these apps.

Let me add that when you perform iPredict Pro, your spectators can use ANY phone ... they can use their own rotary phone and it would still work!

Hi Angelo,
Thank you again for your kind words ... you know that I think you're the greatest magic inventor ever.

Hi Sanderr,
iPredict Pro is available for both Android and iOS. Smile

http://youtu.be/I6YvcVijZS8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAV9x9cpWMw

G Ro
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Thanks Gordon for sharing your opinions. Glad you like the app. I agree iPredict Pro is a very cool app.

Just a minor correction, Magic SMS 2 is $9.99 and not $16. Smile

I apologize Angelo I honestly could not remember the price. I went back to the App Store to double check and because I had already purchased it the price was no where to be found. So I looked at my credit card statement and I must have made two purchases for apple around the same time and I chose the wrong one.

Folks for under $10 this app is a steal!!
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
Greg,

Thanks for your reply, but as I'm far from a professional (a hobbyist with almost 0 experience with performing, slowly working on it though) the price tag is too steep for me. I have to say though that the app looks awesome!

Sander
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Sanderr,

As a hobbyist, what do you feel would be a fair price for iPredict Pro?

Do you think $30, $50, $75?

thank you,
Greg
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Thank you Greg for your compliment! Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
Hi Greg,

I'm sorry if I expressed myself poorly, but I wasn't implying the app isn't worth its price tag. I just looked at some more information about the app, and it seems the app is quite worth the 100 bucks. It's just that I have so much to learn, so many books to add to my library and study, so much to practice that I wouldn't spend that much money on an app. I just feel like I need better fundamental skills before I would buy something like iPredict Pro. Also the fact that I'm a university student without much of an income doesn't help.

Sander
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Sanderr,

What better way to get all the Hotties phone numbers at school then to perform a magic trick with your phone. That one right persons number is well worth the price tag.

I thought I had Ipredict pro but I was mistaken. I have just I predict. It is a fraction of the cost and may be more suited to your needs and the price is low that you can take a chance at playing around with it. I use the in-app purchase for the numbers to reveal the number in my powerball 60 trick. It goes off very well. When I get enough money on my App Store account I am getting the I predict pro app.

Either way good luck to you.

Patrick
Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
Hi Patrick,

Thank you for thinking along, but unfortunately iPredict seems to only work in the USA or otherwise cost loads of money calling to there from overseas. Otherwise I would love to try it out.

Sander
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Magic Patrick,

Thank you for your support.
I think mixing iPredict+ with Powerball 60 is an AWESOME idea . . . they don't tell you their number, but the psychic can tell them what it is!! Smile

Hi again Sanderr,

Thanks for your input regarding the price of iPredict Pro.

Pricing any product is VERY hard ...
Too high, many people can't afford it, but it seems prestigious (and when it comes to magic products it "keeps it out of the hands of the curious").
Too low, more people can buy it, but it loses it's value.

In the last few months I've been examining the prices of all of my products.
I've been selling magic apps for 5 years. I've learned a LOT about the app market, but price, is still a mystery.
That's the reason why I asked you the question.

magic on,
G Ro
Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
Hi Greg,

I understand pricing is difficult, it's just that I wouldn't want to spend 100 bucks for a 'prop' when I can buy 1-3 books for that money to add to my library. Although I suppose the app is so versatile it could well be worth it, my mind just makes me believe buying books would be a better investment. Looking at my drawer full of magic products it doesn't look like I have always thought this way. Oh well, I hope/think I found the right path now and am studying books.

What I still want to say is that I'm very much a casual, and this app is meant for the pro's hence the name. So this app is not even meant for me in the first place, despite any magician being able to use it of course.

Sander
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magic SMS 2.0 and iPredict Pro (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL