The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Domino Effect - Alex Pandrea (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Last night The Blue Crown released the Domino Effect from Alex Pandrea. This is the sugar packet trick he performed at the beginning of his Murphy's lecture.

I've seen Alex perform this countless times over the years that I've known him, and it never fails to elicit a really strong response from an audience.

http://thebluecrown.com/domino-effect.html
Kevin Reylek
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Hmm, I still prefer the original Beswtiched, done with 2 different bills instead. Besides, who would carry sugar packets around in their pocket? (other than a magician)

Beswitched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjjsZ8eKzU
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, RickVancouver wrote:
Hmm, I still prefer the original Beswtiched, done with 2 different bills instead. Besides, who would carry sugar packets around in their pocket? (other than a magician)

Beswitched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjjsZ8eKzU

Who? Restaurants, coffee houses, you know, the kinds of places many magicians, and people in general, find themselves quite often.

This feels like it could be a fantastic, natural, casual, piece.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
So I have seen Alex perform this live..and honestly..it looks great live. Every person he performed it for, mouth dropped. Good, visual, workable magic at its best! Congrats on your release Alex!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Seems a bit pricey for a 32 minute DVD
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
This is on one of his older DVDs, called AM/PM(still available, look for it)along with several other tricks for less money. It's an awesome effect, but I'm not convinced its worth the price for a single effect DVD.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Agree with Calvin. Get AM/PM
Gaz_Japan
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Gaz_Japan
Do you have to use the sweet n low packet?
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Wonder why this isn't available as a download? Might have bought this. Makes it even more expensive with shipping.
ColinPestro
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of ColinPestro
Old plot redefined with sugar packet hmmm interesting but way too pricy for just one effect. Could have been 4.95$.
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, dooblehorn wrote:

$1.09 per minute.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, dooblehorn wrote:

It states you also get the gimmick.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Yup, the DVD includes a handmade gimmick, as well as some additional ideas and bonus things (like the really cool impromptu transpo) that are not on his earlier AM/PM DVD. To answer Gaz_Japan's question above, the included gimmick is for a Splenda/Sweet & Low transpo, but Alex does teach how to build the gimmick so that you can adapt it to other types if you wish.
Kevin Reylek
Gaz_Japan
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Gaz_Japan
Thanks Kevin
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
I think Michael Close teaches something related in his Workers Vol 4
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2014, Mercury52 wrote:
the included gimmick is for a Splenda/Sweet & Low transpo, but Alex does teach how to build the gimmick so that you can adapt it to other types if you wish.

I'm in the UK so would need to remake the gimmick anyway. So would have rather got this as a download. Since he teaches how to make the gimmick, I'm surprised its not offered as a download for those in my situation.
msukairi
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of msukairi
Is it applicable to any brand in the world or it must be US brand ?

and I assume the spectator cannot examine the sugar packet
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
I saw Alex perform this in his At The Table lecture. It was sweetly done (no pun intended) and the effect looked great! Certainly caught my attention. I was dissappointed that it was a performance only piece in the lecture. When I found out that he was planning on releasing it as a seperate effect, I was excited however, after seeing the price of $34.95 I'm a bit reluctant as I too think it's a bit much for the price. Now, if he teaches how to build the gimmick for other items, well this might just be worth it. Mercury52, care to elaborate a bit more on other items the gimmick can be made to perform with? Many thanks!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Love Alex. He puts out some great, visual, unique magic. I picked up the am/pm dvd from Penguin and while it was painful to watch, there were a few great routines taught including Domino and Arson. Gimmick will take about 5 minutes to make but it's not complicated. You can customize as needed depending on what sugar packets are available near you.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Love Alex. He puts out some great, visual, unique magic. I picked up the am/pm dvd from Penguin and while it was painful to watch, there were a few great routines taught including Domino and Arson. Gimmick will take about 5 minutes to make but it's not complicated. You can customize as needed depending on what sugar packets are available near you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Domino Effect - Alex Pandrea (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL