The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Advice for next stage of hypnosis adventure (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

megatalented
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of megatalented
I thought I'd hang around this site for a while but really can't be bothered wading through crap from this Mark weirdo. So, I'll just make my post...
I'm thinking practical training here rather than buying books and DVDs of which I am well stocked with many of the products that some of you guys sell here...
Any advice? I've trained with the great Jon Chase and ran out of friends to zap as it were, as predicted, quite a while back. The guys at headhacking seem to offer something I'm likely to go for anyway. But I think my interest lies someway between hypnotherapy and stage hypnosis inasmuch as I'm more interested in providing incredible and entertaining experiences for the participants rather than hypnotising people for the entertainment of a larger crowd. There's lots I can bring to the entertainment table with music and video experience. I wonder if there is anyone out there down an avenue like this?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have not but wish you the best in your search.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
"This Mark weirdo" is a highly talented and intelligent individual. His distinct Celtic sense of humour rubs people up the wrong way, but don't dismiss him so glibly.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well Tony when that sense of humor (And that stretches the term to its limits.) gets in the way and becomes such a bother then he should just shut the heck up. It causes trouble and that is all he wants to do. People seeking information don't get any with that happening.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
megatalented
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of megatalented
Correctamundo Mr Doyle. The guy could know the cure for cancer and the meaning if life and it would mean sweet FA from someone so limited in people skills. So, idiots aside, even potentially knowledgable ones, any advice from the people I do really admire and respect would be absolutely most welcome!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What you seek is sort of counter intuitive as far as hypnosis itself goes. It will not be an easy road. You will hear lots of "nope can't be done" sort of thing but don't listen. My advice would be to research research research the process. Then decide if you do or do not "believe" or what not. BUT then take that information and try to apply it to your specific situation and come up with something great. You know best what you are trying to accomplish. Just because it might not have been done before in no way means it can't be done.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Wow, Jonathan and Mark at the same time?
megatalented
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of megatalented
Cheers for your thoughts and advice Danny. Much appreciated. I have absolutely no doubt that where I want to go exists and is possible. But I can't believe my path is really so original! I have no interest to spend my days curing irrational phobias or implanting gastric bands to the nutritionally challenged. Nor do I aspire to seating Vegas drunks in a line, eating onions like apples. I find hypnosis not just fascinating AND entertaining, but also motivational to the point of life-changing. I don't see why it has to be so often bagged up as either correctional (therapy) or entertaining (stage) when the phenomenon can be naturally so self-entertaining, thought provoking and enriching. Considering that most of the planet has already bought into this sh!t without even knowing it, embracing it to the boundaries of wars and bloody murder (religion), I surely can't be the only hypnobhead to think that there's a positive life-enhancing edutainment middle ground that inspires without a need for cure, and motivates via entertainment greater than a vibrating chair or 2000 year old book of bullsh!t. Can I?
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Megatalented, go ahead and reinvent the wheel if you like. But as long as you adopt the arrogant tone you can do it without my help. Most of us learn the basic skill before we begin thinking of pushing the boundaries, but good luck with the cart before the horse approach.
megatalented
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of megatalented
I wouldn't say I'm trying to reinvent the wheel, just want to go somewhere that makes more sense in my head than those two traditional routes that seemed to be pre-carved. It's not about pushing boundaries at all. I wouldn't call training with the respected guys on this forum and buying most of their products a cart-before-horse approach. I'd call it 'learning the basic skill', common sense, a contribution to the community, and at worst, a compliment. If my extremities of expression to make my point above came across as arrogant I apologise. Marmen, there's nobody more arrogant and rude than you round here from where I'm standing. But how infectious arrogance and rudeness can be - powerful thing, the mind, isn't it. Thanks for your contribution to my post though.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Ma-s-turbation is also "self-entertaining" and its usually takes place in persons head where it makes sense for them. If you want to create a new market or valuable use for anything not just hypnosis then its not really about what makes sense in your head its about what makes sense in the real world. that's where you need to look. It might be a good idea to spend some time in it.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
As for Mark -- I like him but his same old trolling wind up has never changed in years...I wish he would give it up. He has some good stories to share.
megatalented
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of megatalented
Self-entertaining as in escapism, rather like losing yourself in a film or book, or thought provoking as to what can be achieved with the art. But glad you're so up on Mrs Palm. It's not about creating a new market, but enquiring if anyone has trodden this route before - customers paying for amazing experiences, whether entertaining, theatrical, inspiring or anything else - rather than paying to merely watch it, that's all. I'm not trying to reinvent anything. I'm not looking for patronising business lessons, just wondered if anyone out there had anything to share with this route. I thought this forum, being populated by some of the people who inspired me to get into hypnosis in the first place was a pretty real-world place to make such an enquiry. Thanks for your tip though. Danny your advice proves quite apt already, cheers.
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Mega, the problem is you are asking if something that has never really been done, nor attempted as far as I know, can work. The only sensible answer is of course don't know. I like the idea if that helps, but I guess you know that. Other than that you'll get opinion and it would be silly indeed to base your decisions on the opinions of others who weren't Megatalented enough to think of the idea and go for it themselves.

Thanks for the great Jonathan Chase although I will also guess you are referring to girth more than anything else.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
megatalented
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of megatalented
Thank you kindly for your input big man (girth if you like, but I wouldn't like to throw any stones from my glass house!). I do realise I'm going to get opinion, although it's advice on practical courses and/or info on anyone else with similar ideas I was originally requesting. But interesting to see how people take it for sure. I am quite surprised that where I'm looking at going is such a rare thing I have to say. I'll take all opinions and file them in the appropriate cabinets. To take the theatre of hypnosis as a basis for inspiration and fuse it with life-enhancing aspects of hypnotherapy, and be advised to spend time in the real world, is filed in a very special cabinet indeed. Thanks for all your contributions, I love them all.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Your idea is a vague notion at the moment. And I have heard it before. And have thought about it. Before it can go anywhere it needs to be developed into a proper goal or outcome. Otherwise it won't go anywhere.

I have been doing my version for years but applied to business people. But over time I cut out all the performance phenomena since it only got in the way of "incredible experience".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Advice for next stage of hypnosis adventure (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL