The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » "Forever Connected" and "The Ultimate Choice" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
More unsolicited good product reviews from Roger Magic Bus:

1. When I visited Steve Varro's table at FAB Magic last week in Colon, I picked up from Steve www.GospelMagic.com two pretty neat effects.

The first was "The Ultimate Choice" for a very reasonable $15- it includes multi colored paper bags, chips, and an excellent Gospel presentation (with specially printed cards) that is used with this effect.

The method is very clever, and the Gospel routine is excellent in that it really fits nicely with what is going on (it is not: "this chip represents Jesus" for example).

Perfect for a Sunday School class. I had not seen this effect sold before by Steve before, my guess it is pretty new (sold at this year's FCM convention?). I really like it- very, very good, interesting with a strong message that uses 3 volunteers.

When I opened it at home and read the instructions for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised. "The Ultimate Choice" is not based on a goofy "choice" pattern where if blue is picked, for example, then blue is removed or kept based on what you are trying to accomplish (that was my incorrect first guess how it worked or something along those lines). All the three original colors freely picked by the volunteers are not used, period (and this can be explained in advance), and the only one colorful bag remaining (and not picked) is the actual paper bag finally used with no crazy quick bag content switches taking place in that bag either.

I can't wait to do it in the next few weeks. The other choices are "modern" ones too (they are not of a picture of a devil smoking a cigarette that was originally drawn in the 50ties). A+ Steve!, thanks for cueing me in on this!

2. Another type of trick I try to use for my wife's Sunday School class are items that can be supplemented with free color handouts easily available from the web.

One such thing is the perplexing "Mobius Strip"- I was able to print out from the internet (just Google "Mobius Strip for Children") in kid's language how to make a Mobius Strip, how it works, etc..

Steve also sold me Saturday a red large zippered "Forever Connected" cloth Mobius Strip, this allows the performer to show what happens if the strip is cut in half (instead of cutting, you unzip). The varied results (one big loop, two loops, two intertwined loops) are pretty amazing. You can also demonstrate a regular Mobius Strip effect with it on how the zipper changes by going around the cloth.

So the Sunday School kids this Sunday will take home with them a paper "Mobius strip" I made for each of them along with the colorful internet information about this weird math oddity. The "Forever Connected" sold by Steve comes with Del Wilson's Gospel routine, along with a marriage routine by Oz and the late Wilde.

You could not even make this long zippered cloth strip up for much less, I believe I paid $18 for it from Steve. I tried it out immediately at home, it worked great and all the above combinations/results are possible with it with no cutting even needed.

So if you find yourself doing Gospel magic in children's Sunday School every week like I do, you may enjoy presenting the "Forever Connected" Mobius Strip math problem- I am doing it this Sunday morning actually. Another well done A+ Steve! Packs very small too, you can put the whole thing in a pants pocket.
Jeffini
View Profile
New user
Atlanta
52 Posts

Profile of Jeffini
Thanks for reviewing these two effects. I will take a look at both. The mobius strip has always been terrific with easy application in a Sunday School setting. Thanks.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thanks- I will continue to post here Gospel effects I run across that are fairly new and/or I personally have not seen before and think other folks may enjoy knowing about. I have hundreds of tricks I have collected over the last 50 years- and many are old Gospel effects that have been available for decades- but I still delight and use new items I run across from Laflin, Mitchell, Varro, Abbott's, FAB or from wherever my travels take me. This month, for example, I will be in Myrtle Beach SC (and also in NC) which has several magic stores: I will let you know if I run across anything interesting. And of course, next week is Abbott's Get-Together in Colon which has a bunch of magical new and used vendors including right out there on the streets of Colon.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2014, MagicBus wrote:
When I opened it at home and read the instructions for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised. "The Ultimate Choice" is not based on a goofy "choice" pattern where if blue is picked, for example, then blue is removed or kept based on what you are trying to accomplish (that was my incorrect first guess how it worked or something along those lines). All the three original colors freely picked by the volunteers are not used, period (and this can be explained in advance), and the only one colorful bag remaining (and not picked) is the actual paper bag finally used with no crazy quick bag content switches taking place in that bag either.

I took a look at the item on the web site referred too. Although no "goofy" choice or "crazy" bag switch, it does look like it uses a "wacky" bag for the chips to be picked out of! Just sayin'. Smile

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Small bag can be given directly to the spectators to inspect with the numbered chips inside. That's what I thought was neat, but did not want to go into specific details on method to keep Steve's secret.

I did the "traffic light" larger stage/oversized card version of "mental choice" for years (packs small, plays big), and it kinda shocked me that that adults even did not catch on usually as to this very easy method. But many may be aware of that simple method by now?

Another trick I picked up at Sterlini Magic in Colon www.SterliniMagic.com a few weeks ago was their small double silver plastic lota bowls called "Water from Above Bowls"- for $27.95. Pretty low priced, and one can do with "living water" illustrations, talk about being filled and refilled with The Holy Spirit, etc..

One of George Verwer's favorite quotes is that of when D.L. Moody was asked why he stated he needed to be filled over and over with The Holy Spirit, Moody replied: "That's because, Madam, I leak." www.GeorgeVerwer.com George is my all time #1 missions mobilizer, an amazing man and the founder of now massive Operation Mobilization organization. It is an honor for me to have met him several times. George is a world traveler still, goes just about everywhere.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » "Forever Connected" and "The Ultimate Choice" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL