The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (119 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
I've tried the double sided tape, but as soon as you use it once maybe twice at a push, the stickiness goes. So reverted back to the putty - but am still looking for that alternative.

You need to buy the proper tape and not the useless crap from the local dollar shop. I can assure you that mine lasts for at least 30 uses.

Lol, I bought scotch double sided - the one with the backing on and peel off but this lost its stickiness very quick - which one do you use?
Thanks
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1830 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Maybe for the next batch of "Double Cross" they can make the black piece that holds the "X" on onside and the putty on other, can be made with some texture so you can grip it more easily. Kind of like grooves on a coin. Or like knurling on some hand tools.

That would be helpful and a LARGE improvement.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I've gotten used to it but that's a good idea Neznarf
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I bought it when I saw it done in tv in a Glastonbury show the other day and it got some good reactions and I have spoke with mark southeorth in Blackpool before and I like him a good guy and helpful I bought sucker punch,so here we go with it blow some minds
magicstep
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicstep
Hi guys!

I have a huge problem with the important part. its sticking in my pocket and falling out creating a mass, I think you understand me what part I'm talking about.
i tried a double sided tape instead for putty but the tape not holding anymore because it gets dirt in the pocket.
Seriously I like the effect but the part above is killing me. is anybody came with a solution for this?

Many thanks!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5304 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Read this entire thread. Some posted that they put a second cap over that end while it's in their pocket.

Jim
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2017, J-Mac wrote:
Read this entire thread. Some posted that they put a second cap over that end while it's in their pocket.

Jim

Exactly ! Second cap is the way to go ! Smile
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1830 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Scrapbooking stores Packaging stores sometimes have DS Tape and all kinds of stuff you don't need but may want.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1289 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I'm close to picking this up. People still keeping it in their sets and getting great reactions? Just give me an excuse Smile
Sanks
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Sanks
How do you top up the ink for the “x” stamp? Can you just use ink for a stamp pad or does it have to be special type of ink?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2017, Nathan Alexander wrote:
I'm close to picking this up. People still keeping it in their sets and getting great reactions? Just give me an excuse Smile

I definitely use it regularly and in casual situations. Just an overall great kit.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8045 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2017, Sanks wrote:
How do you top up the ink for the “x” stamp? Can you just use ink for a stamp pad or does it have to be special type of ink?

I’ll be surprised if you have to top it up, but if you do then any ink that is permanent and black is fine. In fact just use another sharpies insides and cut it down to the same size.
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
180 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2017, pegasus wrote:
In fact just use another sharpies insides and cut it down to the same size.

If memory serves, that’s exactly what the video tells you to do.
Sanks
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Sanks
Quote:
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2017, Sanks wrote:

I’ll be surprised if you have to top it up, but if you do then any ink that is permanent and black is fine. In fact just use another sharpies insides and cut it down to the same size.

Thanks for the quick response. I am having some trouble with the “x”, it doesn’t come out as solid. I’ll watch the video again to see if there are any pointers for when this happens.
Sanks
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Sanks
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2017, thecromulent wrote:
Quote:
In fact just use another sharpies insides and cut it down to the same size.

If memory serves, that’s exactly what the video tells you to do.

Thanks.

I’ll watch the video again, probably missed this bit.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1289 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I bought it this weekend (so haven't gotten it yet). But I have to admit I won't be using Dan Sperry's line, "do you believe in the devil?" I don't think I could take myself that seriously. Smile
Sanks
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Sanks
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2017, Nathan Alexander wrote:
I bought it this weekend (so haven't gotten it yet). But I have to admit I won't be using Dan Sperry's line, "do you believe in the devil?" I don't think I could take myself that seriously. Smile

I have seen a lot of pros use this - had it for a few months now, gets the best reaction. Just don’t repeat the effect for the same people lol.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8045 Posts

Profile of pegasus
And don’t let people film it. Lol.
danielvanm
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
70 Posts

Profile of danielvanm
Hi all,

Got double cross for awhile now but didn’t used it a lot for two reasons. I have struggles getting the stamp off the marker and when I get it off it leaves to much ink on my own fingers. Anyone has a good solution for this?
- Daniel

"Astonishment is our natural state of mind"

pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8045 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, danielvanm wrote:
Hi all,

Got double cross for awhile now but didn’t used it a lot for two reasons. I have struggles getting the stamp off the marker and when I get it off it leaves to much ink on my own fingers. Anyone has a good solution for this?

Yes Daniel. Have the gimmick in position before you even approach your spec. That way you’re ready in all respects. Once the dirty work is done you can casually put the gimmick back in place very easily, or just dump it in your pocket.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (119 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL