We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22 [Next]
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Only advice I can give is to prepare the gimmick into position before you walk toward your spec.


Completely unnecessary .
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2865 Posts

Profile of tophatter
So true that's how I do it all the time !
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8323 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2019, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Only advice I can give is to prepare the gimmick into position before you walk toward your spec.


Completely unnecessary .


Whatever. Works for me.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1566 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
You must have found some secret to putting the stamper on in front of the spectators because that has always been a rough spot for me.

Quote:
On Apr 5, 2019, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Only advice I can give is to prepare the gimmick into position before you walk toward your spec.


Completely unnecessary .
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2416 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
1. Depending on your personality you can kind of hide it in plain site. When I’m wearing jeans and I don’t load prior to approaching the spectator (which I sometimes do) I just load as I’m taking the Sharpie out of my pocket and placing it on a table.
2. I have this http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9795. It’s a little pricey but inside a sports jacket it really makes a difference.
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, Kaliix wrote:
You must have found some secret to putting the stamper on in front of the spectators because that has always been a rough spot for me.

Quote:
On Apr 5, 2019, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Only advice I can give is to prepare the gimmick into position before you walk toward your spec.


Completely unnecessary .


Don't make a moment out of it, just do it. I put the stamper on and off during performance every single time I use it
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1566 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
It's not about making a moment out of it, it's about trying to get that sucker off and positioned without my hand looking like it lost a fight to a sharpie. There's little grip or room for error. I wish I was better at it.

Quote:
On Apr 8, 2019, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, Kaliix wrote:
You must have found some secret to putting the stamper on in front of the spectators because that has always been a rough spot for me.

Quote:
On Apr 5, 2019, MazingMandy wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Only advice I can give is to prepare the gimmick into position before you walk toward your spec.


Completely unnecessary .


Don't make a moment out of it, just do it. I put the stamper on and off during performance every single time I use it
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Maybe try adding more of the putty? I stick it between my first and second finger and its trivial to pick the pen up with the putty end already in this position and then lever the stamper out with my thumbnail
pilgrim
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of pilgrim
A good idea replacing that ugly feeling cigarette ashes lung-destroying concept... And of course: heavily-tattoed 'underground' magicians rarely will be 'caught' with 'inked hands'... I empty inkpots on my head before executing this trick... No-one ever suspicioned me of being a magician... Only being an inkpot-emptiying retarded something *** with great abilities..
Hervé Troccaz
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Hervé Troccaz
Undoubtedly Double Cross is a best seller, which allows to obtain strong reactions.

However, we will make serious reservations about this product, despite its impact qualities. Besides, why does Double Cross make it possible to obtain such lively reactions? Because it takes place in the hand of the spectator. And illusions involving the very palm of a member of the public remove any suspicion of manipulation, while allowing for strong reactions.

The pen is of good quality, the spectators are blown away, the trick is easy enough to do. The disadvantage is that it is almost impossible to go around without getting stung by the gimmick. The X you put yourself does not always disappear. The black putty used to hold the gimmick leaves a residue on your hand. Each viewer asks to see your hands after the turn and this removes the effect when there is residue of black ink on the fingers.

In addition, when you have a very sweaty palm, Double Cross will not even work with the method taught. The classic ash transfer was more natural and no one disputes it! But it is clearly a price too high for this kind of gimmick! The creator could have sold this product at the same price as the Mental Pen, which is also incredible and is worth forty euros. They should have given you a little more of what they provide for the price of the tour.

Clearly Double Cross remains too expensive, because the gimmick you get is pretty clever, but it's cheap and you'll have to buy refills after a while ... BUT ... The effect is amazing, the reactions are like you're Harry Potter and just performed some real magic! It should be sold cheaper.
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
Last night the secret sxxxxer fell on the floor and it split in 2 parts, an outter part and an inner part. I found them both. Anybody knows how to put them back together? I don't see signs of glue.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
It’s a very simple matter to load the gimmick onto your finger right in front of the spectator. I performed this effect in 3-4 shows per day, multiple times per show, for 2 years straight in Macau. Trust me, it’s no problem if you’re able to be natural in front of people.
It's all in the reflexes.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Just bought this. I cant wait to get it in the mail.
Pinkybreak
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Pinkybreak
Hey,

i now had customers who lost the cartridge because it's so loose in the pen.
Is the problem known and is there a solution? I couldn't find anything in the topic.
Magic Dealer from Germany - www.pinkybreak.com
Sean Mann
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, UK
101 Posts

Profile of Sean Mann
I would have thought that the solution for a dealer would be to contact Magic Smith or their distributor. Having said that I've not heard that this is a problem.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8323 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2019, Pinkybreak wrote:
Hey,

i now had customers who lost the cartridge because it's so loose in the pen.
Is the problem known and is there a solution? I couldn't find anything in the topic.


Best you look at the rules for avatars. Green triangles are not on the list.
magictwists
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magictwists
I accidentally left the standard cap off the tip of the Double X Sharpie, so the Sharpie tip has now dried out. Still useable, but definitely not optimal. I've read that to rejuvenate a normal everyday sharpie, you can put the tip into rubbing alcohol for 30 seconds, and this dissolves enough ink to get the ink flowing again. Does anyone know if this would work with the Double X Sharpie, or would it ruin the ink so it's not useable in the way it needs to be? Thanks
thecromulent
View Profile
Loyal user
Brooklyn, NY
201 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
I worked pull the pen apart, if possible, and just put the empty tip in the alcohol, just to be sure there's no way for it to work its way up into there ink reservoir.
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Clearly Double Cross remains too expensive, because the gimmick you get is pretty clever, but it's cheap and you'll have to buy refills after a while ... BUT ... The effect is amazing, the reactions are like you're Harry Potter and just performed some real magic! It should be sold cheaper.

If this trick is so great, gets great reactions, then pay the price! It is crazy how many 'magicians' complain about the price of a new trick. If a client complains that you are expensive, what do you say? "I'm worth it!" If the trick is great - it's worth it!
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1320 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I'm now seeing this effect on eBay for as low as $24.99. Has it perhaps been knocked off?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL