The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
Michael Jay
View Profile
Regular user
Toledo, Ohio
175 Posts

Profile of Michael Jay
Okay, MR Effecto, I'll answer that.

Yes, I do buy props and/or gimmicks. I don't buy props, however, that allow me to do a trick that I've already been doing for nearly 40 years - a trick that doesn't require a prop, never has, and never will. I further don't buy props that are ripped off from other magicians, either. The prop that is the subject of this thread is a particular bonus because it's both needless and ripped off.

Instead, I prefer to actually study magic and try to become a better magician through understanding the techniques and methods of what we do and why it works, as well as the psychology of every aspect of this fascinating art, rather than buy yet another Sharpie to do the work for me.

But, hey-ho, that's me.

Mike.
You can get the latest issues of Top Hat by clicking here.
Visit us on FaceBook by clicking here.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2363 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Back to the trick. I saw this in person at the Philly penguin expo. It is completely self-contained super easy to do. And slips right back in your shirt pocket. A nearly perfect in fact, if I had one complaint it would be. At some point you need to moisten your finger. Using my tongue kind of freaks me out after shaking hands and touching things so I try to find a glass of water that has moisture on it.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
909 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, The Baldini wrote:
Back to the trick. I saw this in person at the Philly penguin expo. It is completely self-contained super easy to do. And slips right back in your shirt pocket. A nearly perfect in fact, if I had one complaint it would be. At some point you need to moisten your finger. Using my tongue kind of freaks me out after shaking hands and touching things so I try to find a glass of water that has moisture on it.

How about one of these placed in the same pocket that the pen gets put back into?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-sponge-dam......0HZOGJZE
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2363 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
That's exactly what I need and other Germaphobes need.
Thanks.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
That's a good idea.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5323 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Great idea, David!

Thank you.

Jim
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
909 Posts

Profile of David Klass
You're welcome guys!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2444 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We just had these into stock today, check them out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/m......ith.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I got this and its FN great. Easy to do and it kills.
Paul Edmondson
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Paul Edmondson
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2015, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Maybe the performance in the latest Wizard Product Review can help a bit for the timing problem of the ditching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Senf4aNhgpg#t=8m40s

my problem is, I always have ink on my finger when I ditch the gimmick. Same problem with Super Sharpie by the way.

Ditch the gimmick? There is no reason to ditch the gimmick. It simply goes back on. No heat is drawn.
The x incidentally can be put on their hand way ahead of time, even during another trick.

I am fortunate to be close friends with mark, the inventor and played with this for literally 5 minutes before I proceeded to fry all my family. Very easy to execute and no issues whatsoever.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1625 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Ordered today from Saturn.
Hope it's as good as people are saying
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8445 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2015, Paul Edmondson wrote:
Quote:
Maybe the performance in the latest Wizard Product Review can help a bit for the timing problem of the ditching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Senf4aNhgpg#t=8m40s

my problem is, I always have ink on my finger when I ditch the gimmick. Same problem with Super Sharpie by the way.

Ditch the gimmick? There is no reason to ditch the gimmick. It simply goes back on. No heat is drawn.
The x incidentally can be put on their hand way ahead of time, even during another trick.

I am fortunate to be close friends with mark, the inventor and played with this for literally 5 minutes before I proceeded to fry all my family. Very easy to execute and no issues whatsoever.

Way ahead of time is a terrible idea.
eddie2m
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of eddie2m
I LOVE this trick. It's so easy to perform and is self contained. I ask them if they know about pirates. Then I do the move as I ask them who their favorite pirate is. I tell them about the treasure map and ask them what they use to show where the treasure is. They say X. I draw X on my hand then close my hand. I say the X on the treasure map moves around so the pirate tricks people into going to the wrong spot. Then I show it disappeared from my hand and goes to theirs. It fries them.
Rob
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Anyone remember Stephen Minch's "Stigmata of Cthulhu"....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Paul Edmondson
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Quote:
Way ahead of time is a terrible idea.

Opinion noted. When I said way ahead of time I didn't mean meet someone, do the move, then 6 months later if I bump into them again, hoping they haven't spotted the X, I'll perform the effect.

I meant for instance during a 2 card Monte routine, then at the climax when they reveal the card, tell them to keep their hand where it is, it removes the fact that your have touched them even further from memory.

Don't understand why some people are so blunt and somewhat rude. When I say ahead of time, that's because as a working restaurant magician I have done the effect in various ways, and so was giving my feedback. You coming along and shooting down me down is just ridiculous. Perhaps if it was put more tactfully, I take it you are speaking from working experience.

Not been on these forums for a while.... Remember why now. Seems to be people trying to her one up on one another. 53rd card of the deck!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8445 Posts

Profile of pegasus
5 mins practise?

Fried everyone?

WAY ahead of time?

Very easy to execute?

No issues whatsoever?

It SIMPLY goes back on. No need to ditch.

Wow, you're the best. I'm also glad you don't come here often.
chriscongreave
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of chriscongreave
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2015, Paul Edmondson wrote:
Quote:

I'm sorry, I can't let this go, Mark isn't the creator, he stole this idea off Gary Jones, Myself and several others were told of this, Gary has posted on thos, and Marks name is no longer on the packaging.

It was stolen, pure and simple.

Its a cool effect, and well made.

Just not Mark's.
Michael Jay
View Profile
Regular user
Toledo, Ohio
175 Posts

Profile of Michael Jay
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2015, chriscongreave wrote:
I'm sorry, I can't let this go, Mark isn't the creator, he stole this idea off Gary Jones, Myself and several others were told of this, Gary has posted on thos, and Marks name is no longer on the packaging.

It was stolen, pure and simple.

Yea, Chris, but you've got to admit, the guy above with the pirate story presentation is spot on. A pirate story for a pirated effect. It just doesn't get anymore spot on than that.

Mike.
You can get the latest issues of Top Hat by clicking here.
Visit us on FaceBook by clicking here.
chriscongreave
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of chriscongreave
Lol, that's a good point Mike!
Paul Edmondson
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

I'm not getting involved. I just like the effect and have no issues with it. Simple as that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL