The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..20~21~22 [Next]
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2015, paisa23 wrote:
Was on the fence about this becuase of a similar effect that came out and flopped a few years back by Rocco but I think I'm gonna push the button.

I have this and it is very good.
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
209 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
Where can we get refills for the pen?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2444 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2015, movemonkey wrote:
Where can we get refills for the pen?

Yes you can we have an order arriving soon, they are not listed on our website yet.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2015, Gregory Wilson wrote:
Just got off the phone with Chad Long who told me all the contention that is being bandied about with Double Cross. Well, are you ready for even more scuttlebutt? Chris Smith and I were partners twenty years ago and this idea, called "The X'r," was from our project board way back then! No, I didn't make the "X" translocate from my hand to their hand. But I did have the idea of an "X" that gets transferred to the spectator's palm via a stamp. There were two methods: A) An ink pad on my finger. B) A self-contained ink pad in the Sharpie -- just like the Super Sharpie that Chris "borrowed" from me many years ago.

I've never mentioned it publicly before since I shy away from controversy until it hits me square in the face, but the primary reason I split my partnership with Chris about ten years ago was that his hands were much too sticky where they didn't belong for far too long.

Granted, Gary Jones very well might have thought of this trick independently. He's a very clever chap. And now, unfortunately, he has to experience the same stinging pain of betrayal that I have from Chris NUMEROUS times.

Even worse, is that I can no longer put out MY OWN trick without looking like a thief from Chris!!! The only defense he had at Magic Live was that other people thought of the same trick. Perhaps, but they were not Chris' partner -- firmly and fully aware of the EXACT IDEA for TWO DECADES. In short, Chris should have treated this effect like Kryptonite!

His pattern is truly shameful.

I guess there was more than one reason to call this product Double Cross!
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Does anyone have problems with the sticky stuff, too?
Somehow it doesn't really stick to my skin. Don't want to go into too much detail here...

Cheers
Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
No I haven't had that problem. What I do have is an evidence issue.. that stuff is leaving a bit of a mark....
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
The best putty you can use is called "Dexter's putty" It can stick a coin to your skin no problem.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S4073

Try it, you'll love it.
James

Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, Nikki78 wrote:
Does anyone have problems with the sticky stuff, too?
Somehow it doesn't really stick to my skin. Don't want to go into too much detail here...

Cheers
Nikki
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Hi James, thanks for the advice... I'll give it a try

Cheers
Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
GideonK
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of GideonK
Thanks to everyone who actually reviewed the product I'm probably going to take the plunge in the near future. It just looks so *** good
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
This product costs too much Smile
Nick Singh
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
133 Posts

Profile of Nick Singh
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, paisa23 wrote:
No I haven't had that problem. What I do have is an evidence issue.. that stuff is leaving a bit of a mark....

Exactly the same problem here.
Magician and Emcee in Singapore - www.nick.com.sg
Youtube channel of travel videos and podcasts - www.youtube.com/user/blackchilliwing/videos
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of gassaox
The patter I use is "if I take most of the cross off my hand" etc etc this covers the residue of any ink left on your hand
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
It looks like the only place it doesn't leave residue is in the wallet. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8423 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I just leave the cross and explain that I can duplicate any image / drawing onto your hand, from mine. For instance let me show you, let's try a cross.
Just as good.
Cyberjustice
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Cyberjustice
Ok. Finished reading entire thread. Some additional ideas come to mind. Two things specifically.
1) rather then a "sponge pad", save pocket space and use a T.T. with a small wet sponge in it.
2) going to play around with the idea of putting a 1 inch in diameter magnet as oppose to the sticky stuff. Now, ideas could be presented on how to use it. Maybe a metal half skin color toned ring may work. Using a magnet to remove the gimmick would solve the "getting ink on my hand" issue.

Just a couple thoughts of creativity. 😉
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2476 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
P.K. ring.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Just got this and realized it's exactly the same effect taught on a sansmind sharpie DVD. From the routining to the way the ink is used. Not to be a magic police or something. Just out of curiosity because I may have an up and coming release myself, what's considered a rip off? I've seen on the Café some members purposely give certain people or company a hard time, yet the very same case from specific artist or company, no one says anything. Would love to know your thoughts.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2444 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We have just had a new delivery along with a batch of replacement / refill items to go with this.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
605 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Put this in my Christmas show
Absolutely Brilliant
The reaction on the ladies face was amazing
voted trick of the year which is a massive statement but certainly worthy
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12089 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2015, Xiqual wrote:
Haha, good one.
Just playin man. We all like boobs.
James

Quote:
On Sep 24, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2015, Xiqual wrote:
What about those guys that buy magic because they see girls boobs? They REALLY lose my respect. I would even go so far to say they have no credibility. I mean maybe, they saw boobs and just want to stick up for
the ad that had the boobs.
James

Quote:
On Sep 23, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
Well, stand by your convictions and don't buy it. But No one knows the actual truth here except those involved so you're just assuming you know the whole story. I think it's a shame for people to come and slander someone and it lessens my respect. This isn't the forum for that, there are legal ways of pursuing. I've met both Greg and Chris before and they both seem like great people so it's disheartening to see this. However, I will say that out of all the magicians and creators I've met, Chris Smith was the kindest and most helpful of all. I'm glad I purchased this from him and would so again a hundred times. Just remember there are three sides to every story. One side, the other side and the truth.

Lol, you got me there, though I was being facetious about buying the effect because of that. If my appreciation of the ladies loses your respect, that's okay but sorry there's a big difference between slandering a persons reputation and appreciating a beautiful woman. But hey, stand by your convictions too.

Oh and secondly, I'm a nobody writing opinions anonymously on a thread not s highly respected magician/creator so I shouldn't have any credibility anyways.

I do.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL