The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20~21~22 [Next]
Kay99
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Kay99
This effect on its own is a killer, I really don't think it needs to be place with another effect tho.. It's my one tool that has actually had me rebooked for walk around gigs.. I love it 😆
Kay99
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Kay99
This effect on its own is a killer, I really don't think it needs to be place with another effect tho.. It's my one tool that has actually had me rebooked for walk around gigs.. I love it 😆
chuds
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
159 Posts

Profile of chuds
I bought this 12 months ago and it fry's people, its great to combine it with some pk touch using two people, as you can imagine a cross appearing on the other persons arm 6 ft away is a great climax! its brilliant.
Chuds
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
188 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Has anyone combined this with cross- Agus Tjiu?
Kay99
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Kay99
Chuds
View Profile
New user
U.K
44 Posts
Profile of chuds
New Post Posted: Feb 12, 2016 08:22 am Reply with Quote Report this post to forum moderator 'Like' this post There are no likes for this post.0
I bought this 12 months ago and it fry's people, its great to combine it with some pk touch using two people, as you can imagine a cross appearing on the other persons arm 6 ft away is a great climax! its brilliant.
Chuds

I actually love that thought Chuds 👍
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Does the wax dry out when kept 24 hours on the end cap? If not, how long will it last? I see they give extra. How many times do you use it until the stickiness wears out? Where can additional black wax be purchased? I plan to take mine to my restaurant gig this evening. I would hate placing it back in the plastic container after a few uses.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
When I carry it in my pocket I put another Sharpie cap on the other end. Pretty easy to get off as you take it out of your pocket. This certainly keeps the dust off.
Amazing trick.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, Xcath1 wrote:
When I carry it in my pocket I put another Sharpie cap on the other end. Pretty easy to get off as you take it out of your pocket. This certainly keeps the dust off.
Amazing trick.

Good idea.
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
Big hit every time I do this. It's great !
Thanks for the nice tip with the cap Xcath1. Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, bluesmagic wrote:
Big hit every time I do this. It's great !
Thanks for the nice tip with the cap Xcath1. Smile

That works. I found tho that with a little dust it still does what it needs too and lessens the chance of any left over stuff on your thingy...
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
Yes, very true. I found that out as well.
Chad Gill
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Chad Gill
The thing it comes with is too sticky for me. I have a hard time getting rid of it.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I would say use less, you need very little and get used to it not sticky too tightly but I wonder if it has to do with skin type, temperature and humidity as well
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I used it many times last night. The stickiness never went away. I did not know a tiny amount was going to last so long.

I do not like getting the ink on my thumb when taking off the one piece.

I kept mine in my shirt collar hanging it by the cap's clip. I had no worries of dust getting to it.

I like the clip of Dan White doing it on his arm. That is how I did it last night to all the patrons at the restaurant. That way never failed and I do not have to put the cap in my mouth.

Some of you might want to carry those alcohol packets with you when you do it incase the spectator wants it off immediately.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1072 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:
Amazing trick.

This is the best tip on this thread! Thanks!
PRAISE FOR TIM'S BOOK, PERFORM:

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"My favorite book for performers!" Bill Cook

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2015, Nikki78 wrote:
Hi James, thanks for the advice... I'll give it a try

Cheers
Nikki

Hey, I'm having the same problem. The black stuff doesn't stick too well here either. I guess it's skin type.
Has this worked?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Make sure it's not too cold.. I have very little on my pen but mush it up a little with thumb and forefinger before I use it. Makes it softer.
Ihmemies
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Ihmemies
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2016, Xcath1 wrote:
Make sure it's not too cold.. I have very little on my pen but mush it up a little with thumb and forefinger before I use it. Makes it softer.

It's not the coldness, definitely skin type. I even ordered octopalm to try if that helped out, but not really. If there's any moisture in the fingers things will not stick whether using octopalm or the black stuff
Nick Singh
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
133 Posts

Profile of Nick Singh
Quote:
Amazing trick.

***, why didn't I think of that. That's perfect!
Magician and Emcee in Singapore - www.nick.com.sg
Youtube channel of travel videos and podcasts - www.youtube.com/user/blackchilliwing/videos
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1731 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Be careful, if you push the sharpie cap too much, the gimmick can stay locked inside it..
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL