We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
danielvanm
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
70 Posts

Profile of danielvanm
Thanks Pegasus Smile also have residue problem when you get the stamp off?
- Daniel

"Astonishment is our natural state of mind"

RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I just bought Double Cross. I have not worked with it yet. I will say this. it is a great alternative to Ashes on the palm. Yes I have seen it performed live. That is why I have this opinion.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I love how convenient it is. I am on my 2nd one already. Highly recommended.
Trentonmatthew
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Trentonmatthew
Has any one found a fail safe method to get the right amount of pressure? Not so hard that they feel it, but not so lite that it doesn’t show up?
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1845 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 4, 2018, Trentonmatthew wrote:
Has any one found a fail safe method to get the right amount of pressure? Not so hard that they feel it, but not so lite that it doesn’t show up?

You have done a great job in digging up old posts

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=9951868

Keep up the good work not long to go to hit the 50
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2400 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We just listed this today, if you use Double Cross you will see the value in this https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......t-g.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
609 Posts

Profile of brandon90
My two cents:

I used this as a closer tonight and it blew them away.. it was at a bar so naturally I had a couple to drink and lost the *** stamper, however, I opened with Fraud ( the moment was perfect) followed by Chicago opener & ambitious card (trust me it made sense) and then ended with Double Cross... blew them away. It's so perfect. Lost the *** damper but it was wroth the $30 to replace.
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi the ink for the stamper seems to dry up very fast for mine. does anyone have any idea on how to refill the ink properly? thanks!
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1731 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2018, setsuna83 wrote:
Hi the ink for the stamper seems to dry up very fast for mine. does anyone have any idea on how to refill the ink properly? thanks!

Rotate the cartridge, new and fresh ink
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
C-suite magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of C-suite magic
Store the pen so the ink flows towards the stamper.
strakekine
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of strakekine
Hello guys for my first post,
I am brand new in magic. I always wanted to learn some tricks and I know some easy to lear card tricks, but stumbled across double cross.
I am a little afraid using this, because when I practiced today, I had difficulties getting the stamper back on the sharpie because the putty was sticking at my finger...
What do you do to avoid this sticking? With me it seems to stick everytime when I try to put the gimmick back on the sharpie. What is your technique? Do you use two hands to put it back or like me you try single handed?
Thanks from Luxemburg
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
609 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Hey Luxemburg and welcome to the Café !

I utilize my thumb, index, and middle finger to help keep it in place and of course a little misdirection
strakekine
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of strakekine
I still find it really sticking on the finger and leaving a slight mark afterwards. Maybe I use to much of the black stuff.
greetings
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8318 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, strakekine wrote:
I still find it really sticking on the finger and leaving a slight mark afterwards. Maybe I use to much of the black stuff.
greetings

I use a small amount of D sided sticky tape. Works a treat. Just put another pen top over that end too, when not in use. By doing that It also reminds you what the sharpie is.
strakekine
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of strakekine
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, pegasus wrote:p

I use a small amount of D sided sticky tape. Works a treat. Just put another pen top over that end too, when not in use. By doing that It also reminds you what the sharpie is.

D-sided tape? Ok. Will try that. I am really afraid that the black stuff will give the trick away! But maybe I am just thinking too much;-)
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1339 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2019, strakekine wrote:
greetings

First, make sure you are using a very small amount of the putty. This is gone over in the instruction video, but once the putty is flattened, it shouldn't even be touching the sides.

Second, when I got mine, for whatever reason, the first bit of putty I took off was leaking ink. I'm not sure if that's actually what was happening, but the result was the same. It would mark my finger a lot - I attached a picture. I thought I was going to have to return it. But, I just threw that small piece of putty away, took another piece, and it has worked fine since then. I have no idea what was wrong with that first piece of putty I ripped off, but I'm glad I tried another piece before returning it.

Click here to view attached image.
strakekine
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of strakekine
Hi
Thanks. Yeah. That is the mark I get from the putty. I will use a new bit. And I will use less putty. I took what I thought was a small amount, but when flattened out it still touches the sides. So maybe I am just using to much.
strakekine
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of strakekine
Gabe it a quick try. Less putty—less sticky;-)
But still a little black mark. But don’t know if people will notice
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1339 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, strakekine wrote:
Gabe it a quick try. Less putty—less sticky;-)
But still a little black mark. But don’t know if people will notice

Sorry if this is oversimplifying it, but did you clean the area where you put the putty before you started using the new bit? If not, could still be some ink left behind.

Good Luck! I hope the putty or tape works out or you're able to return it - this gets such great reactions!
strakekine
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of strakekine
Thanks... of course I did not clean the area;-))) will try that too
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL