The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1342 Posts

Profile of barts185
Has anyone used the heart stamp?

There are only two reviews of it on Penguin, and they are somewhat far apart.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8445 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2020, rmendez wrote:
I'm now seeing this effect on eBay for as low as $24.99. Has it perhaps been knocked off?

Even that’s too expensive.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2419 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I’ve used the heart stamp. I didn’t love it. Of course it works. But the heart you draw on your own hand had to be bigger than the stamp heart to be recognizable, it takes longer to draw and if your a guy it might feel weird to do it on another guy. The stamp heart is tiny and is not alway immediately recognized as a heart. It seems like a great idea and good for duplicate performances for other people in the group etc. I was very excited to get it when it came out. Somehow it didn’t work great for me or I didn’t come up with a unique presentation. Without a special presentation for the heart the cross seems simpler.
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
Thanks, Xcath1. I didn't realize the issues with the heart stamp. Better to stick with the cross then.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8445 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I am almost certain that the heart stamps are only available with the fake (vastly cheaper) pens.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2419 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I ordered mine straight from MagicSmith. He has a few different stamps now. Like I said, I couldn't wait to get something other than the X but now only use the X. I think another thing is that the other stamps look so good they could only have been made by a stamp which draws attention to the method which I still can't believe I get away with. But as everyone who does this trick knows, it's hard to beat.

https://www.magicsmith.com/accessories.html
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
550 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Yep, MagicSmith was at Magic Live last year and selling the heart stamp and a few others. However, at the time, I believe they were only available in a bundle of 4 or 5 different stamps rather than individually.

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Cross by Mark Southworth (From Magic Smith) (120 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL