The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Class Rings for De'Vo's De' Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Hi everyone!

In Germany, we do not have this tradition with class rings, champion ship rings and militariy rings.
I used to look up a few rings on ebay but they were very expensive.
Can you guys tell me where to get imitations or just cheap military/class rings like De'Vo uses? With a big stone on top etc. I want to practise the ring routine but I do not have access to this sort of very visual rings.
Where do you get yours to practise and perform?

Thank you very very much for the help in advance!
Markus
Rings like this, or just check out the devo trailer

http://www.innoventurenetwork.org/wp-con......ings.JPG
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Wow. is noone doing those routines?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
981 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
In the USA, I would try pawn or antique shops. Not sure how you manage that from Germany ... But I think that's your best bet to get a ring without spending too much.

Hudson
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
You can order imitation cheap metal class rings through sites like Walmart.com for under $100. Not the best quality, but good enough for practice. Do a Google search for cheap or imitation class rings. See what pops up.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1116 Posts

Profile of imgic
Check eBay again. Out if curiosity I looked for "class rings" in men's jewelry and a whole bunch came up for less them $10.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Much appriciated guys!!
Ben Seatreader
View Profile
Regular user
The College of Winterhold
103 Posts

Profile of Ben Seatreader
I experienced a similar problem. As long as it is smooth on the inside, you can just as easily use a band style ring.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Hi Ben,

well my problem is not to find a "ring which fits", my problem is to find a ring which looks like the rings they use. I want a ring which has a rock on top, so it is much more visual and colorful. Therefore I am looking for a class ring or rather multiple (multiple colors).
I checked ebay and there are only 3 currently on auction which are low so far, but the finger size matters.
Amazon and walmart have no such rings. It is all just a visual matter, so I do not need any valueable material on this ring. I would be happy to get a steel ring with a colored glass rock on top, in class ring style XD
I cannot afford 3 digits to a ring especially if I need like 2 or 3 (2 for performance, + 1 or 2 for practice).
It is impossible for me to find cheap imitations or something like this.
I checked amazon, ebay, walmart and google in general (english and german).
I did not find anything. I was hoping that there are shops who sells thos kinda rings for a couple of buck ($10 or less for a ring)...

:(
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3180 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I found quite a few on Ebay by searching for "signet ring".
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
This is the one that I use- and I do this trick all the time. I love it:

http://clicks.robertgenn.com/images/arti......work.jpg
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Class Rings for De'Vo's De' Ring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL