We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Over at the LIBRARY (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicthree
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Two nice downloads and one of them is FREE, and the other is only $2. Injog obtainer is about placing the selected card into the deck from the back, squaring it up and getting the card to in jog, that's the free one.

The Jogless Cull Shuffle is a cull from an overhand shuffle. To cull one card is pretty easy but to cull 2 or more is more difficult but with some practice you could get it down.It really isn't that hard, you just have to know where in the deck they are. Also if you shuffle with the faces pointing to the left(shuffle face-up) you can cull a card to the top of the deck. For $2 this is a great deal. For the card guys I wouldn't miss out on these, for a measly $2 you are getting two nice moves to add to your arsenal.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1442 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Hey, can we have a link please?

Thanks a lot
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1134 Posts

Profile of Chris
These ebooks were authored by David Walsh. You can find the two mentioned and others here http://www.lybrary.com/david-walsh-m-108.html
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
david walsh
View Profile
Regular user
Bonnie Scotland
183 Posts

Profile of david walsh
Hi magicthree, with practice 2 card will start to become as easy as 1 is currently, then 3, 4, 5... Etc...

You mention shuffling face up to cull to the top, you can actually do this without knowing the locations of the cards. I wouldn't use it as part of a structured routine, but in casual performance, in between tricks when people are doing other stuff it can be done casually to set up a deck with attracting attention in the way spreading through can.

I published an over hand cull that brings the desired cards to the top in my ebook "Erdnase Variations 1: Overhand Shuffle Technique", I titled it "The Magicians Cull", only for the reason that culling to the top has great use for the magician but no so much the card cheat.

If your interested you'll find it at Chris's link.
David.
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Hello David,

I did 4 cards last night, it's just getting the rhythm down so it's performed at the same speed. I'll have to pick up your e book soon, thanks.
david walsh
View Profile
Regular user
Bonnie Scotland
183 Posts

Profile of david walsh
Spot on, it is all about the rhythm.

It's the same with the Erdnase jog system. You need practice running through the false actions. If you want to put any fluctuations of rhythm into your shuffle do it at the honest parts.
David.
david walsh
View Profile
Regular user
Bonnie Scotland
183 Posts

Profile of david walsh
Hi again magicthree, I'm just wondering how your getting on, or if you have any opinions a month on? I've never had any feedback, other than positive initial feedback, on this shuffle.
David.
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Hello David, Thanks for asking. I haven't put the time into it that I should have since I bought it so I still have that little hesitation when I do the move. Trying to get a consistent rhythm is what I have to work on. I hope more people try this out as it is another way to cull cards that some might find easier to do.
david walsh
View Profile
Regular user
Bonnie Scotland
183 Posts

Profile of david walsh
No worries, like the classic force a great way to build confidence is to do the move when ever you don't need to.

Witt he classic force, if your trick allows you to have any card selected do the move anyway, even if you don't know what card your forcing, it gives you a reference as to how well you can of the move, i.e. if they take it or not.

Do the same here, forget the maths side of things and when ever you need to do an honest shuffle do this, it won't matter if you hit or miss, you'll build confidence and get a measure of when it can be used. As Erdnase said:

"Many experts with the gun who can nonchalantly ring up the bull's eye in a shooting gallery could not hit the side of a barn in a duel."

It's a one thing running through this in front of a mirror, or camera, but to use it in magic or play is different. This you obvious know.

Once you feel comfortable that you can hit the bulls ey user fire, add the maths in, 2 cards then 3, 4 etc. When I first learned the Erdnase system I always done the same sequence in practice, this messed me right up in performance/use. Always do a different sequence and let it pop into your head at the last moment.
David.
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Great advice , David. Will be ordering your Erdnase book in the near future. Thanks.
david walsh
View Profile
Regular user
Bonnie Scotland
183 Posts

Profile of david walsh
No problem, the advice isn't really mine. It's just what I picked up from many before me on the classic force transferred to the Erdnase shuffles, and on to my variations.
David.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Over at the LIBRARY (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL