The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help with ideas for the Invisible Deck (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2014, pabloinus wrote:
2 decks, one on SI Stebbins, the other ID, ask the spectator to chose one, through equivoque you ended with the ID.
Ask the spectator to cut his deck, spread face down and he picks a card, nobody sees it, you cut the SI stebbins deck and you know which card he has, you take the ID, and you do the same but inside the box. You open the ID box and show a card reverse, ask the spectator to show his, same card.
Put away the ID card and continue with routines for a Si stebbins deck (trickshop.com, sells an ebook full of tricks and explanations), when done with SI tricks you can mix the deck and you have a regular 52 deck for other tricks that don't need stacks

This is what I do with two decks (Si Stebbins and ID). Magician's choice.

Then, I have the spectator deal cards FU into a pile until they want to stop. You immediately know the selected card and reveal it in the ID.

I think it's hard to find a better routine for the ID than this.

Robert
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Hi Leonardo,

I've been using either an invisible deck or a brainwave deck inside a Lubor's gift box with a good quality marked deck outside. Makes for some wonderful reactions and the added bonus of being able to immediately pack all the cards into the Lubor's box. Then whilst they're scratching their heads over the cards you can sit back count to 10 and wait for the first person to squint at the box sitting in front of them and say "hey, wasn't that......."

Also some great routines possible with just an invisible deck and a marked deck in front of you.

Thanks everyone else for some great ideas to expand my invisible deck routines
orchid666
View Profile
Special user
u.k
626 Posts

Profile of orchid666
Search out bill malones ! Standing ovation I/D for a lesson in handling/involving an audience.
you won't regret it!!!
k
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Perhaps it's mentioned in one of the resources about as I don't own them all.

A cool effect if you have or are playing on or own a pool/billiard table. Have two different color decks, one your ID. Force the other, have it shuffled and gave it spread it face down all over the surface of the table, covering as much as possible. Then have spectator take a shot with cue or 8 ball anywhere they like, as hard as they like. The ball will ultimately land on a pretty random card. You can figure out the rest and add your own ideas...including the thought of the other deck being marked and having a different reveal as you can use ID first then dramatically reveal the card from underneath the ball. But that's the gist of it. Some ideas to play with. I've had fun with them over the years. I can't be sure, but I may have got the idea from Tom Mullica lecture over 20 years ago. Cheers!
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
The pool table idea belongs to Eddie Fields.
Ollie
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Ollie
Mix up cards from a regular deck on a snooker table and lay all of them out, then have someone throw a ball and whatever card the ball is closet to is their card. Then reveal with the invisible deck Its already been mentioned but its really great!
Mick-L-Hinman
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Mick-L-Hinman
There is already a lot on the Café but I think the original routine is very strong.
guyjr
View Profile
New user
Don't mind me and my
57 Posts

Profile of guyjr
I invented my own routine when I was in high school (oh so many years ago)... present the ID as normal, tell spectator you have an "invisible" deck, get them to shuffle, pick, replace, etc...

Then... produce the actual ID inside a black mesh bag - I had one that could hold a deck of cards, and would motion the "invisible" deck through the air, and "catch" it in the bag. Then, proceed as normal!
443magicman
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of 443magicman
Idk if you use this one, but say I had a dream about you and in this dream you flipped over a card. And you can figure out the rest.
jclightman
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jclightman
This is a great thread! Thanks for bumping it up 443.

I typically do it the standard way with all the standard gags. But, I'm inspired now to change it up. Thank you Café!
jclightman
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jclightman
….and I just had to purchase a new "old" magic booklet (one of my favorite things to do). Thanks for the tip Kabbalah!
Banedon
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Banedon
I have not tried this yet (because I cannot seem to locate my marked deck . . . I should probably buy a new one with a different mechanism, I never was very good with that particular marked deck Smile ). I actually came up with this yesterday and bam here is this thread. As soon as I find it I plan on practicing and trying it out. This is the general method and effect:

Present marked deck.

Have a volunteer somehow select a card from it, show it to the audience, and keep it secret from you.

Have the volunteer put the card on top of the deck and set it aside where we can all see it and so everyone else can see it but it is obviously far away from you.

After you get whatever look you need at the back of the card have the participant keep his hands on the deck so everyone knows there is no funny business.

Produce ID and display a card face down.

Find some method for revealing both facedown cards to be the same. I have several ideas for this that I want to try out. Find one that works for you.

Insert your own patter.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Yup this has been presented this way for some time now as one nice possibility.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
miistermagico
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of miistermagico
I attempted to improve an invisible deck that was faulty by spraying the back of each card with krylon matte finish.
Now I have difficultly parting each pair of cards. Suggestions?
mindthump
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of mindthump
Miistermagico: Try rubbing each of the cards in the pairs against one another, it should wear down some of the 'paint'.

I suck at mental math, so I like the setup idea from Geoff Williams in his Penguin lecture. Daniel Madison's Irreversible is also a great take on the deck.
A. Evans
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
105 Posts

Profile of A. Evans
You could have a person pick a card from a marked deck then have it disappear from that deck by putting it on the top of a piece of double sided tape put on to the back of the top card so when you put there card on top you can fan the cards and their card will appear to have dissappeared while it is actually just hidden behind a card then have it appear to have transfered to your other deck which is actually an Invisible deck.
"It's better to have 3 amazing tricks than 10 good ones"
Karli
View Profile
New user
Estonia
78 Posts

Profile of Karli
So many great uses for one of the best card trick ever invented. My idea would be to use Michael Murray´s Springboard principle to get their card and reveal it with the ID that´s been in their hand the whole time.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Or just do it with an ungaffed deck!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2016, Doomo wrote:
Or just do it with an ungaffed deck!

...but isn't this the Gaffed and Funky Forum?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help with ideas for the Invisible Deck (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL