The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » It's Impossible by Miguel Angel Gea (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
I dig this! It's a little long but I think it would work great!

"The maestro of coin magic, the innovator of Spanish prestidigitation and 1/3 of The Fat Brothers, offers an incredible coin routine using an under used gimmick that's sitting in your junk drawer right now.

You will use it to create a high paced, visual magical routine that will confuse and amaze your spectators. Part transpo, part ambitious coin, part copper/silver, Miguel teaches the ins and outs of this marvelous 4-phased coin routine where coins vanish and appear in the most remarkable ways."

Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1352 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
With a handful of notable exceptions, I often find coin routines boring to watch, but I enjoyed this.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3896 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just love this routine! I basically only do routines with quarters or smaller denomination coins because I can do them with borrowed coins. You just can't borrow a half dollar coin. This routine is brilliant and very well thought out. I plan on doing a modified version with a regular Chinese coin that ends with everything examinable.
KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3896 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Kyle,

Yes, his routine does seem a bit long.

However, I'm glad he showed the various phases as it gives more options to chose from. In my routine, using a regular Chinese coin, the routine is shortened by one phase, making it more effective, IMO.

Good observation, Kyle.

KJ
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1671 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
The first post says: " Part transpo, part ambitious coin, part copper/silver, Miguel teaches the ins and outs of this marvelous 4-phased coin routine where coins vanish and appear . . ."

Hmm? There are no transpositions, no c/s effects, no vanishing coins, no ambitious coin.

The effect is that you repeatedly take one coin away from a group of four, yet still have four coins on the table. In a way, it's like a Hopping Halves routine.

In the video demo, the method in the second phase flashes badly, but it looks like a hasty demo filmed in a hotel corridor on the fly, so not being perfect is entirely understandable. With careful handling and good misdirection (which Miguel Angel Gea certainly has!), this phase would probably pose no problem.

I think the routine is quite nice, and it would make a good interlude or change of pace among other coin routines.

I'm not sure of this, but perhaps it could be expanded, in the manner of David Williamson's Three-Card Trick, being presented as a trick requiring just three silver coins . . . but every time you put away the fourth coin, it reappears in the group. If you palmed a load of coins from your pocket for a finale, the routine could have a big ending a la the Three-Card Trick, in which David Williamson ends up not with three coins but apparently an entire deck spilling out of his hands. It's a routine of perfect construction, in my view -- and maybe it will work with coins? I'll have to give it a try . . .

Cheers,
Jerry
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1671 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Oops, above meant to say that David Williamson "ends up not with three cards ..." but I said "coins" instead.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Bad flash from 31-39 seconds Smile

Method totally exposed.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3896 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Jerry,

Very good idea, I like it! It gives the routine more meaning and creates better entertainment.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » It's Impossible by Miguel Angel Gea (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL