The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Volunteer Swindler by Hiro Sakai and Mark Mason (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KatieD
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Out There!
103 Posts

Profile of KatieD
I love pretty much anything that Mark Mason puts out. Here is the latest release that just came out!

Volunteer Swindler by Hiro Sakai and Mark Mason
Link and Demo: http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/-p-19150.html

Two bills are displayed, a regular $10 bill, and a $5 bill with a slit in the center.

Both bills are placed into your wallet. Explaining to the audience, that whenever you are in a store or a bar and the bill is $10.

You always pay using only the $5 bill, with the slit in it. The $5 bill is folded in a split second, to look EXACTLY like two $5 dollar bills. If the specially folded bill attracts suspicion, its no problem, you are a magician. The two $5's instantly and visibly change into a $10 bill.

The $5 bill, with the slit, is now back inside your otherwise empty wallet.

This is a super visual, stunning bill transposition. Both the bills change and the slit vanishes.
Its easy to do and a real winner. You will love to carry this you everywhere you go.

The Volunteer Swindler can also be performed with other bills/notes from many different countries, including Euros & Uk notes.

Comes with training bills and a step by step instructional DVD.

Price: $25.00
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Its a great effect and its one that I have kept in my wallet ready to perform if I'm put on the spot.

I do have to say that the video trailer is a bit misleading, though the ad copy is accurate...
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
KatieD
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Out There!
103 Posts

Profile of KatieD
That's good to hear, TuneHV. I'm not sure if I should be concerned with the trailer or not. I've purchased other Mark Mason items and I've loved how easy he explains things. Not to mention, I've never had a problem with any gimmicks that he's produced.

I'm glad to see that you would recommend this Volunteer Swindler effect as something easy and visual to do while on the spot. Makes it easier for me to hit that Buy Now button. ;-)
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Its worth mentioning that I think its fantastic he includes a "training" bill made out of fake paper money.

While his instructions are crystal clear and easy to follow on the DVD for creating what you need using your real money, I really liked that you can see how it works and what the finished product looks like before you actually create it.

I wish other creators would take note of this- especially for those more complex arts and crafts projects that take a lot of prep work (thankfully, The Volunteer Swindler doesn't fall into that category).
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
That looks awesome.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Penguin has a "backstage" with dan harlan that shows a full performance:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4546
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Can you handle the changed bill right after ?

Thanks guys Smile
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Depends on your definition of handled. I let them feel the bill to prove the slit really is gone... but you can't hand it out.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Hmmm for what reason couldn't a full performance be shown in the trailer???
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
I have a question, will I have to destroy a £20 note & a £10 note to make the gimmick? If so that's an extra £30 added to the cost of the effect! Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ive had this effect for about 4 months now.
A very good effect and tansformation.
Todd
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Wow... Quite a lot of flashing in the full performance...
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, JD_UK wrote:
I have a question, will I have to destroy a £20 note & a £10 note to make the gimmick? If so that's an extra £30 added to the cost of the effect! Smile

Unless I miss my guess, you'll be able to undo the gimmick. You'll be left with a bill with a slit, but a little piece of tape will fix that.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
It looks good . But eventually I will have to switch out the bill ya ? Worth the practice .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
It looks good . But eventually I will have to switch out the bill ya ? Worth the practice .

It will be a long time before you have to switch out. This is a worker and good stuff.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Sakai comes up with amazing stuff.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
This is also in Japan Ingenious
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Will this work with polymer notes?
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2014, chappelly wrote:

Here is Mark answer to this :

"I Did Sell Two Two At IBM to Two Australian customers they told me if you put the bills under weight for a couple of days they stay creased. However you are correct you do need to fold the bills. I hope this helps"
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2014, Alex DLF wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2014, chappelly wrote:

Here is Mark answer to this :

"I Did Sell Two Two At IBM to Two Australian customers they told me if you put the bills under weight for a couple of days they stay creased. However you are correct you do need to fold the bills. I hope this helps"

Thanks for the reply Alex.

I've tried this.I leave them in a card press for a few days. I use them for self folding Bill and Bill switch. They still bulge a bit and are a bit springy unlike paper currency. I am wondering if this will matter?

Thanks again.

Chappelly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Volunteer Swindler by Hiro Sakai and Mark Mason (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL