The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rain Maker by Karl Hein (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
This looks like Extreme Burn on steroids! Talk about a lot of cash...

Very nice visuals and super clean at least from the video demo:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4490

It's a Penguin downlown and I assumer that this is new?

I don't know if I would throw all the money to the floor but it does look impressive doesn't it?

Here is the ad copy:

Here's what happens:

1. Show a few one-dollar bills.
2. Instantly turn them into A HEAPING PILE OF CASH.

Think about it.. if you REALLY had magic powers, this is the EXACT trick you'd be doing. Over, and over, and over again.

The reactions you're going to get with "Rainmaker" will SURPRISE YOU. Going from "a little" to "a lot" of ANYTHING is an awesome trick -- but when it's money.. it's pure FIREWORKS.

PROFESSIONALS: This is a BIG trick. Eye-popping big. And it's a worker too! But perhaps the best part, is that you're showing people what they secretly hope being a magician is all about. You're showing them exactly what they would do if they had your powers.

PS: My favorite way to perform Rainmaker is to give out a couple bills when I'm done. A dollar here and there is a small price to pay to convince crowds that you genuinely did produce money from thin air. Instead of "needing them back". If I can produce more, why do I care?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
BTW this is in the Cool Box category so it is 50% off now...

Looking forward to some reviews. I might bite.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Maybe it's just me - but this doesn't seem nearly as magical/impressive as an actual denomination change.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.



- Edwin Louis Cole
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Really?

I use Extreme Burn 2.0 all the time but from an audience perspective I would think that thsi could be quite magical visually.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I alright I downloaded it - I will review by the weekend.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
MagicMaker
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of MagicMaker
I watched the demo looks totally impromptu. Problem I have visually is the move is very obvious and its a download. Ugh!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I'd be careful about where this is presented. You'd stand a good chance of getting rolled if you performed this in certain taverns or bars, or on the street.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I'd be careful about where this is presented. You'd stand a good chance of getting rolled if you performed this in certain taverns or bars, or on the street.


No more so than with most multiple bill changes.

And this one is perfect for the strip club.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
745 Posts

Profile of dduane
In the right setting and attitude this could be fun to watch for laymen. I thought the method was obvious, though, and I hope it's just because I'm a magician. Looks like more of a gag than magic.

Dennis
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1833 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Isn't this essentially like a bonus or alternate handling / concept you can already do if you are familiar with some of the more popular bill effects on the market? Seems to use the same method.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
TOCAAN | THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
This is great! I spent hours with Karl discussing this before he did it on the Pete Holmes Show, it really is a killer effect and looks insane in person, it truly looks like you just make the money grow.. Bob, makes a very good point..I should mention Karl does this from $500 to $5,000 grand lol

Karl's magic is not only beautiful and well thought out, but practical..Go buy this and his DVD's, I cant imagine any performer being disappointed.

-Six
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Really?

I use Extreme Burn 2.0 all the time but from an audience perspective I would think that thsi could be quite magical visually.


To break it down further, I feel like with Extremem Burn 2.0, there are a few magical things happening, depending on who the spectator is. For some, the effect is a CHANGE - the bills REALLY do change, somehow. For some others (non-believers), they may see Extreme 2.0 as five one-dollar bills vanishing, and five $100 bills being produced. They might not "believe" the bills changed, but they can perhaps still be impressed at your ability to ring out the singles and ring in the hundreds.

With Rainmaker, I feel like you are taking a "few" of one type of bill, and then causing that number to increase a bit. It's easier for a spectator to deduce that "he was hiding the extras" - because that's the only effect that happened...some "extra" bills were produced.

Again, with EB 2.0 for example, it's harder for a spectator to go back in their minds and say "oh, he was just hiding the 100's" - because there is ALSO the one-dollar bills to be accounted for, which are apparently now gone. It complicates the back-tracking process that, whether we admit it or not, a LOT of spectators go through.

Hope that make's some sense.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.



- Edwin Louis Cole
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2070 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
The trailer is not really that stunning. I think EB 2.0 looks more magicial.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4374 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I am allway's to skint to perforn a routine like that,so no chance of me getting rolled,lol.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I'd be careful about where this is presented. You'd stand a good chance of getting rolled if you performed this in certain taverns or bars, or on the street.


You make an excellent point Bob - I did Extreme Burn a few weeks ago at a swanky Vegas rooftop bar with some friends. The guy watching the one change to 20's was from Ireland but a bit drunk - and as soon as he saw the change he immediately reached for his own wallet to make sure I handn't lifted his cash.

YOu just never know with these money effects how people will react so best to be prudent Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
383 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Clever thinking here and the audience reactions are sure to be off the wall.

I'm a big fan of Karls' thinking and methodology in everything that he has released so far.
Very excited to see more releases from the working repertoire of a true professional.
"Challenge Your Reality"
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1833 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
You can see him perform this on the Pete Holmes show here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9aKF4d5rds

Starts at the 2:20 mark. He performs it after Heiny 500, and honestly that's the only way I see this working for the reasons already stated- as a follow up right after Extreme Burn or Heiny 500 (or choose your favorite bill change effect). Make it change, then make it multiply.

But as a standalone trick- it falls short.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
TOCAAN | THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I've known several performers over the years who were robbed after doing a show. It's always a good idea to be careful about where you flash loads of cash. (Even if it's not real)
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, Danny Diamond wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Really?

I use Extreme Burn 2.0 all the time but from an audience perspective I would think that thsi could be quite magical visually.


To break it down further, I feel like with Extremem Burn 2.0, there are a few magical things happening, depending on who the spectator is. For some, the effect is a CHANGE - the bills REALLY do change, somehow. For some others (non-believers), they may see Extreme 2.0 as five one-dollar bills vanishing, and five $100 bills being produced. They might not "believe" the bills changed, but they can perhaps still be impressed at your ability to ring out the singles and ring in the hundreds.

With Rainmaker, I feel like you are taking a "few" of one type of bill, and then causing that number to increase a bit. It's easier for a spectator to deduce that "he was hiding the extras" - because that's the only effect that happened...some "extra" bills were produced.

Again, with EB 2.0 for example, it's harder for a spectator to go back in their minds and say "oh, he was just hiding the 100's" - because there is ALSO the one-dollar bills to be accounted for, which are apparently now gone. It complicates the back-tracking process that, whether we admit it or not, a LOT of spectators go through.

Hope that make's some sense.


Thought I would chime in here...

Karl just did a lecture here with us AT THE TABLE, and he performed Heiny 500 and then ended with this.

He does not use this as a stand-alone routine that I know of. He performed a show for the sales team here and again, started with Heiny 500 and ended with this. Everyone's mouths were wide open. Maybe obvious to magicians, but what they saw totally fried them!
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Hi all,
Does this work with Australian plastic money?
Thanks, James
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rain Maker by Karl Hein (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL