The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rain Maker by Karl Hein (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, Mike.Hankins wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, Danny Diamond wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Really?

I use Extreme Burn 2.0 all the time but from an audience perspective I would think that thsi could be quite magical visually.

To break it down further, I feel like with Extremem Burn 2.0, there are a few magical things happening, depending on who the spectator is. For some, the effect is a CHANGE - the bills REALLY do change, somehow. For some others (non-believers), they may see Extreme 2.0 as five one-dollar bills vanishing, and five $100 bills being produced. They might not "believe" the bills changed, but they can perhaps still be impressed at your ability to ring out the singles and ring in the hundreds.

With Rainmaker, I feel like you are taking a "few" of one type of bill, and then causing that number to increase a bit. It's easier for a spectator to deduce that "he was hiding the extras" - because that's the only effect that happened...some "extra" bills were produced.

Again, with EB 2.0 for example, it's harder for a spectator to go back in their minds and say "oh, he was just hiding the 100's" - because there is ALSO the one-dollar bills to be accounted for, which are apparently now gone. It complicates the back-tracking process that, whether we admit it or not, a LOT of spectators go through.

Hope that make's some sense.

Thought I would chime in here...

Karl just did a lecture here with us AT THE TABLE, and he performed Heiny 500 and then ended with this.

He does not use this as a stand-alone routine that I know of. He performed a show for the sales team here and again, started with Heiny 500 and ended with this. Everyone's mouths were wide open. Maybe obvious to magicians, but what they saw totally fried them!

Yes, I definitely think it works MUCH better as a followup to a denomination change.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2341 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Could I use paper money? Thinking strips of paper with fish...showing how Jesus multiplied fishes and loaves for gospel presentation
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thanks for your thoughts Danny!

Initially the arts & crafts looks pretty simple.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
The method seem like some Extreme Burn method that is used there . However , this looks really great to me . But carrying a huge chunk of cash fears me a bit .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
DTJK
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DTJK
If I were to do this, it'll be like how Karl did, a follow up from EB after the change.

I don't suppose this will look good with anythig less than 15 bills, in other words, that's a lot of money to carry around for a magic trick. But still, I love the effect!
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2014, DTJK wrote:
If I were to do this, it'll be like how Karl did, a follow up from EB after the change.

I don't suppose this will look good with anythig less than 15 bills, in other words, that's a lot of money to carry around for a magic trick. But still, I love the effect!

Actually I tried spreading some notes just now . I found that around 20 notes works the best . It will create a kind of big fan with money . Although it looks cool by pushing the notes off your hand after the reappearance , obviously I will not do it in real world . Yes it looks cool , but I can imagine some random guy come rushing in and snatching my money ...
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Heinstein
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
@James Conti
Hey James, Yes this can be performed with any denomination including Plastic Money. The download/DVD includes explanation with Plastic Money.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5483 Posts

Profile of RNK
Got this the other day. I think the initial arts & crafts set-up is easy to do and the actual routine is also easy. All in all- happy with my purchase and will use this. Karl does a fine job explaining everything. I feel if you like what you see on the demo then you will like Rain Maker.....

RNK
Heinstein
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
Also, to clarify some of the previous comments, Rainmaker uses a modified construction and handling to the original Easy Money Gimmick (Invented by Pat Page which pre-dates my Heiny 500 and Richard Sander's Extreme Burn). Yes, it can be done with any currency (including plastic) or denomination so it doesn't necessarily require a big investment. There is no need for the extra something that Extreme Burn added to the Easy Money Gimmick and the handling of the change to a large amount of bills is different than any of the variations of Easy Money (Hundy 500, Heiny 500, Slow Burn, Extreme Burn, Prophet etc.).
JayF
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of JayF
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, Danny Diamond wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Really?

I use Extreme Burn 2.0 all the time but from an audience perspective I would think that thsi could be quite magical visually.

To break it down further, I feel like with Extremem Burn 2.0, there are a few magical things happening, depending on who the spectator is. For some, the effect is a CHANGE - the bills REALLY do change, somehow. For some others (non-believers), they may see Extreme 2.0 as five one-dollar bills vanishing, and five $100 bills being produced. They might not "believe" the bills changed, but they can perhaps still be impressed at your ability to ring out the singles and ring in the hundreds.

With Rainmaker, I feel like you are taking a "few" of one type of bill, and then causing that number to increase a bit. It's easier for a spectator to deduce that "he was hiding the extras" - because that's the only effect that happened...some "extra" bills were produced.

Again, with EB 2.0 for example, it's harder for a spectator to go back in their minds and say "oh, he was just hiding the 100's" - because there is ALSO the one-dollar bills to be accounted for, which are apparently now gone. It complicates the back-tracking process that, whether we admit it or not, a LOT of spectators go through.

Hope that make's some sense.

As I mention in another thread, I use Rainmaker as an opener. Since I go on to other magic, I think it kind of "short circuits" their back-tracking. At least, from the comments I have heard from spectators, it seems to.

Jay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rain Maker by Karl Hein (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL