The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Philippians 4:13 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Next months church topic for my weekend is "God Gives Us Strength, so trust Him" Philippians 4:13 any thoughts on a magic effect for the lesson ?

Back to go through all my Laflin dvd lol
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
Wand through Balloon-Trust God, by Oz & Wilde
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
606 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
I'm tipping my hand as I will include this in my next lecture and lecture notes/book. I will give you the basic idea:

You use a Light and Heavy Box or Chest. Place into the box foam rocks that are labeled with and represent the obstacles, issues and challenges we face in this world. Have a volunteer try to lift it and they cannot.

You next introduce a Jesus Silk. HE gives us the strength to do whatever HE has called us to do... with HIS strength we can face and even overcome the challenges we face in this world. You could either place the silk into the box and disengage the box from being heavy. Now the volunteer can lift the box.

An alternative idea (I actually like this better): Buy T-Shirt transfer paper for your printer; Find a good clip art picture of Jesus or use bold letters: "JESUS"; Print this onto the transfer paper; iron it onto a heavy cotton handkerchief.

Back to the lesson:
After the volunteer cannot lift the box, open it, reach into the box and remove a few "stones" to remind them of the challenges of this world. When you replace the "stones" disengage the box from being heavy and close the lid.

Now you introduce the handkerchief that represents Jesus. HE gives us the strength to do whatever HE has called us to do... with HIS strength we can face and even overcome the challenges we face in this world. Tie the handkerchief around the handle of the of the Light/Heavy Chest so it is in a large loop. The volunteer grabs the loop and is able to lift the box.

Be blessed!
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Elite user
Razorback Country
498 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Although God certainly strengthens and enables us to do whatever He wills that we do for His glory; That particular scripture passage is about being able to face all circumstances with contentment, through Jesus' power. Lots of people have used that verse out of context for everything from winning an athletic competition to getting a promotion at work. Not trying to be critical of your ideas, just the context and use of this verse as a basis.
Blessings!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Use the John Hardwick song "Trust in the Lord" http://johnhardwick.org.uk/general/product/2 in the background, then teach it with the actions

it can also be found on youtube
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Thank you for all the advice and ideas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Philippians 4:13 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL