The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Wallet (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Anything from Paul Carnazzo (I use test conditions). The other would be Wonderland Dollar Bill.

52 on 1 card. Mental Yarn.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
I've posted this earlier in other sections but thought you could use something from this list:
I always carry these because money seems a bit more impromptu or as they tend to say these days "organic"
- Noblezada's Two Dollar Window
- Sometimes instead I'll do the Million Dollar Fantasy (great daydream patter) by Dick Barry
- Noblezada's 5 in 1 Transpo
- Thread Bill by Francis Menotti
- Cornered by Joshua Jay
- Mismade Bill (no TT version)
These 6 fit in my wallet and they take up no room since they all nest together if stacked/layered right.

Another STRONG one you might consider is Powerball 60 by Bill Abbott Richard Sanders.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
One answer fits quite a bit of the O.P's criteria "Read the books"
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
I have now found what I am looking for.

Thank you to all of you that helped me out @LeoH, @Montana76, @Magic Patrick, and @Taterini and A BIG thank you to motown

Your help has been much appreciated :-}
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I just located the quotation from S. H. Sharpe, that I paraphrased in another forum recently --Sharpe says it much better than my poor paraphrase. And, it certainly "fits" in this thread!

"...Those who think that magic consists of doing tricks, are strangers to magic. Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." --S. H. Sharpe

I've always striven to be a magician, not just a trickster!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Dick Oslund. A friend of mine, and I have had similar discussions on topics such as this. We have talked about how some magicians don't get it. and would be at a loss if they were traveling to an out of town gig all of their props were lost enroute. They wouldn't know what to do and would probably run around like a chicken with their heads cut off trying to find a magic shop or local magicians to help supply needed items. Instead of taking the time to find a K-mart, Walmart, or such store and buy rope. maybe a large sponge to cut sponge balls from etc.. Nor would they know what to do with such items since it isn't the newest thing from Magic Makers, Ellusionist or whoever There are too many magi out there that don't get much of anything.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2014, RS1963 wrote:
Dick Oslund. A friend of mine, and I have had similar discussions on topics such as this. We have talked about how some magicians don't get it. and would be at a loss if they were traveling to an out of town gig all of their props were lost enroute. They wouldn't know what to do and would probably run around like a chicken with their heads cut off trying to find a magic shop or local magicians to help supply needed items. Instead of taking the time to find a K-mart, Walmart, or such store and buy rope. maybe a large sponge to cut sponge balls from etc.. Nor would they know what to do with such items since it isn't the newest thing from Magic Makers, Ellusionist or whoever There are too many magi out there that don't get much of anything.

Smile Smile
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
mathmagic
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mathmagic
This dvd has some great material and fit in your wallet Smile

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1755
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
WOW another post and dig from Dick Osland lol.

@Dick Osland I do not think magic is about just doing tricks it is about the performance and interaction now if using gimmicks/props help me to achieve and break down the barrier I do not see what the issue is, with regards to my OP all I was looking for was some new material as I am always trying to improve please tell me where the issue is in that?

Quote from Dick Osland "I've always striven to be a magician, not just a trickster"

I can see that you take that quite seriously dressed in your wizard outfit,(see link third picture down) or click the link at bottom of post for direct picture http://upscouting.blogspot.co.uk/2010_08_15_archive.html
each to their own but forgive me if I do not take ow would like advice from a kids entertainer.

Adult magician and kids magician is like chalk and cheese if I needed advice on a some electric problem in my house I would not ask a plumber and if a plumber did give some advice I am not likely to take it hope you get my point.

@RS1963 I agree some magicians would be at a loss if they lost all of the props as a matter of fact this did happen to me thankfully early in my carrier.

The airline lost my bags and all I had was a pack of cards the event went OK not great just ok but I did learn a valuable lesson and now I have a whole 1 hour show I can do with a pack of cards'pen TT and some paper this act is only used in case of such circumstances as it is not my regular material or show.

Going back to my original post it is always good to carry some things around in your wallet would you not agree? (if you do lose your bags at least you will have your wallet)

Sometimes Old men are just stuck in their ways, I am sorry to be the bringer of bad news but magic has moved on and no longer do we stand in fields with wizard gowns pretending to be a real magician

sorry it has taken me a while to reply but I am not retired like you Dick and have better more important things to do.

Now can we leave it at that as there are people out there who are trying to help the post is about effects/tricks/gimmicks you carry in your wallet not about which direction the magic world is going in please start your own thread about that instead of hijacking other threads.

Thank you.

Click here to view attached image.
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
Oh sorry mathmagic forgot to say thank you for your help, a great dvd that :-} thanks
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
To keep the post on track and help any one else out that is interested in effects/gimmicks that are kept in your wallet here are the sugestions so far:

Montana76 wrote:

I have the queen of hearts printed on my Visa-card:)

LeoH wrote:

Look into "3" by Steve Valentine. It may fit your need

motown wrote:

Extended Stay by Shawn Farquhar is a good one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=49nPMaTwT8w

There of course are many Bill Changing effects that could be kept in a wallet.
Here's something else you might be interested in:

http://www.previewmagic.com/z-mason-volunteerswindler.html

Magic Patrick wrote:

Anything from Paul Carnazzo (I use test conditions). The other would be Wonderland Dollar Bill.

52 on 1 card. Mental Yarn.

Taterini wrote:

've posted this earlier in other sections but thought you could use something from this list:
I always carry these because money seems a bit more impromptu or as they tend to say these days "organic"
- Noblezada's Two Dollar Window
- Sometimes instead I'll do the Million Dollar Fantasy (great daydream patter) by Dick Barry
- Noblezada's 5 in 1 Transpo
- Thread Bill by Francis Menotti
- Cornered by Joshua Jay
- Mismade Bill (no TT version)
These 6 fit in my wallet and they take up no room since they all nest together if stacked/layered right.

Another STRONG one you might consider is Powerball 60 by Bill Abbott Richard Sanders.

mathmagic wrote:

This dvd has some great material and fit in your wallet Smile

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1755

Thank you all that have helped :-}
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
When was your last paid show?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yep! What I expected" ARGUMENTUM AD HOMINEM
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
Lol@ Dick we have established who has got the longer words and by the way it's not an argument as such just an observation plus it relates to the facts.

your advice was and I quote "I suggest that you read, NO! STUDY Tarbell" (well thanks for the help there)

If every one had your attitude there would be no need for the Café? then what would you do with your time?

maybe your answer to all questions is Just read NO Study for the card guys Royal road to card magic and for the coin guys just read Modern Coin Magic by J.B. Bobo and so on. yes these books are good and worth reading but I would not get what I needed from such a book that is why I asked the question.

For example is
"3" by Steve Valentine. in the book? NO
Extended Stay by Shawn Farquha world champion of magic if the effect is good enough for him then it sure is good enough for me would I have found that in Tarbell NO
and the dozen or so other effects that has been mentioned by great MODERN magicians like Francis Menotti and Joshua Jay would I find any of the market routines in Tarbell probably not and I would have wasted a whole lot of time.

I am curious to know that if a more well known magician asked the same question would you answer it in the same way?

I am just glad I asked the question and not a person who is very new to magic they would go away thinking those magicians are right ********

But please can we leave it at that and stay on topic.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
When was your last paid show?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
Oh sorry Dannydoyle I thought you might of posted that by mistake as I did not see how it was relevant.

It was about 1 hour ago a wedding which didn't go to well as it did nothing but rain :-{ but we had a good time may I ask why your asking this I am sure there is a reasonable explanation.?

I am a full time magician no other income so I have to be good at what I do and get more repeat bookings and spin of bookings or my wife beats me :-}
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Your complete lack of respect for those who came before you is befuddlining. No biggie just curious is all. Most professionals I know who work as much as you claim don't bother with what is in their wallet when they arw not working.

As I said mere idol curiosity on my part. Nothing wrong or saying anything bad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Danny! Respect for others, begins with self respect.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Your complete lack of respect for those who came before you is befuddlining. No biggie just curious is all. Most professionals I know who work as much as you claim don't bother with what is in their wallet when they arw not working.

Smile Smile Smile
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Wallet (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL