The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shell Shocked - By Mark Mason (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
Good question, if you are using "s" mint marked regular coins it is SLIGHTLY more obvious than coins made by other mints - the edge of the shell jets out a bit. However, it really depends on how close fitting the shell is to the coin, both the deep dish and standard shell can be very telling if there is a slight gap. But then again, no one notices that apart from us really.

--- Smile
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
[quote]On Dec 21, 2014, Moondragon1 wrote:
Wow Nicholas. See yothat is another thing I was concerned about. Why is that Nicholas? Is there added distortion? [/quote)

In an effect like Translocation, the thickness and width of the shell either nested or un-nested are pretty obvious to me.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2014, Moondragon1 wrote:
Thank you Todd. PS. Do those Lassen and keupper ] cover completely?

A little late here. The Lassen coins cover about 80%. Swaddling/Mason about 98%+ you can sand the edges of your quarters or dollars or halves and get 100% coverage but that's getting esoteric . . . Lassen coins are far better from the top and sides. Swaddling is a more obviously stretched shell with the faces (I have all three sizes) are a bit shallow or thinned in width. I prefer Lassen with the edge and have never been caught. This is too subtle. I give Swadling and Mason credit for their deep dishes but I just don't see the need and the face is more important than the coverage. ALSO - the Disadvantage is there is no "extra bottom" to hold on to so a classic palm of the Swadling can drop the contents where that won't happen with Lassen. Hope this helps other readers.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shell Shocked - By Mark Mason (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL