The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spiritas carrying case (mini SM) (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2014, Wizard of Oz wrote:
I think these carrying cases are all so beautiful that they should be kept in carrying cases.

And if the carrying cases for the carrying cases are "elegant & mysterious" then they'll need an additional carrying case to "add" to the "mystery". More suspense!! May I suggest something in wood? Perhaps with an additional drawer?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
My comment may have seemed sarcastic, which wasn't the intent. I really do think these carrying cases are beautiful for the exact reasons that Rick described...they add mystery to the incredible objects contained within. Boxes have always been charished by humanity. They are by definition, mysterious in that we must open them to find out what is within. As long as we can touch and feel, boxes, in one state or another, will continue to exist. To have a box protecting another box, makes the contents even more precious.

My light-hearted post was meant as a compliment. I apologize if it didn't come off as such. Carry on.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
That's cool & I can understand your stance. For me it's overkill. I think the Spiritas looks far more elegant & mysterious unadorned sitting on a bare table. In my mind. The mystery doesn't increase by having another box to unpack it from. I actually think that would cloud things a bit. But I like it simple visually. Nothing to distract from the effect. I wouldn't use the Spiritas sitting in the case. And if I remove it to use it, the case is a distraction sitting on the table next to it. My own viewpoint of course.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Just want to be clear on this. The Spiritas is supposed to be removed from the case when performed. Everyone has their own opinions and no one is right or wrong when it comes to whether or not they would use a case.

If someone wants one I know we have offered something that keeps the bar up when it comes to fine wood work.

Looking forward to tomorrows episode of HBO's "The Leftovers" dubbed the most depressing show on T.V. If yer feeling too happy, watch it Smile

The show opens with 120,000,000 people on the planet vanishing, at the exact same time.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
Each time I see this kind of product, I want to throw money in it... gnn...
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
I have driven through the hearts of men
276 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
Rick, I truly, truly hate you Smile

This is exactly what your works of art need. I am always in the market for old doctor's bags and the like to tote around "antiquities". This is just perfect for Spiritas. I look forward to a whole line of boxes, bags and cases.

So would Lillian's Jewerly Box fit in this? Or maybe you have something in mind that is more "childlike".

Keep em coming.

Bruce
Download our Free Magic Inventory and Show Creation software - www.mailware.com/magic

Mentalist by day. Bizzarist by night.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Did I just happen to see something about a Departed Case above?!? Rick, any updates for us Departed folks on a possible case?
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2014, TH1 wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2014, Roth wrote:

...Everyone likes to be in suspense by "what's in the box"....

Maybe..... you really don't want to know.

The case is beautiful.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
paulnoff
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of paulnoff
I have the case and for what it's worth, I think it adds to my presentation. The drawer and the storage areas hold things that help sell it as an actual piece of history and not a prop.
stephane.d
View Profile
New user
France
24 Posts

Profile of stephane.d
Wonderfull !
Grasshop34
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincinnati, OH
308 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
How's the Departed case coming? Any pictures?
Kawary
View Profile
New user
Italy, Catanzaro
16 Posts

Profile of Kawary
Hi, does someone still sell this?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
This was sold thru someone's co we prefer not to mention, I believe Tim Wisseman was the actual maker (could have been someone else) of these, a carpenter craftsman with mad skills !!!
Tim I think does still do commissions & although this is no longer being made/sold he may be able to make you one if you give him a jingle......
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
"You-Know-Who" or "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" Smile
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Holmfirth, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2023, Kawary wrote:
Hi, does someone still sell this?

They were made by Karl Ferret for the company that cannot be named. It’s a nice piece but then Karl is a talented woodworker. Not sure how many were made, probably a lot less than were sold, but that’s another story. They don’t come up for sale often but you may get lucky.

N.
www.darkartefacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted, bizarre artefacts and illusions. The Uninvited, Death Row Diner, The Koshkin Effect, Whiteface, Satan's Circus
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Thank you Nick, I thought it was Karl but couldn't remember. I always wanted one for my Spirtus, but never tried to purchase for obvious reason we know....yes Karl also has mad skills as a craftsman woodworker !
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Used to be able to order some custom stuff from Karl on Etsy: RareEarthWoodworks
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spiritas carrying case (mini SM) (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL