The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Passing Of Robin Williams (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10020 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
It's with great sorrow to find that we lost a greet actor and comedian today of an apparent suicide. RIP Robin!
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Such sad news, without a doubt one of my favorite actors and comedians. He will be missed by many.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I was shocked to hear of this. May he rest in peace.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27105 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
RIP Robin; you gave us so much. Nanu Nanu.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5961 Posts

Profile of motown
Wow, what a shock that was. It 's so sad.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20428 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am not shocked. I am saddened but shocked I sadly am not. Way too many have gone down this road either quickly or slowly as he did. Often the pain that drives one to greatness is the very thing that is the root cause here. John Candy, Richard Jenny, Belushi, Farley and a crowded list of famous and not so famous have had this affliction. Comedy can be a sad business.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27105 Posts

Not usually a fan of doing this but ... to remember those guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDJjq0Pd0RM
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqEKvk9F4I
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Http://instagram.com/p/qu5BFgqu4R/

"therobinwilliams - 3 weeks ago - Happy Birthday to me! A visit from one of my favorite leading ladies, Crystal."

Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27105 Posts

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2014, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
We get one more

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2692250/

Actually, looks like we get several more:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000245/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
He was my hero since I was 8 good bye Robin.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
"'You look at the world and see how scary it can be sometimes and still try to deal with the fear," he told the AP in 1989. "Comedy can deal with the fear and still not paralyze you or tell you that it's going away. You say, OK, you got certain choices here, you can laugh at them and then once you've laughed at them and you have expunged the demon, now you can deal with them. That's what I do when I do my act.'"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/robin-willia.......2733770

As Danny said, I am not shocked by this at all. It's the nature of the disease. It may seem paradoxical, but I think that's because people tend not to really look beyond the surface. Robin obviously was a man who thought about things, whose mind worked overtime even, perhaps. Those who have seen the dark tend to have an appreciation for the light.

It's too bad that society is still so afraid of mental diseases and struggles. It's getting better, but the stigma is still huge.
I'm sorry he was suffering so.

And Robin, I hope I haven't offended you with my psychoanalysis, LOVE and PEACE to you and to your family and friends and those who appreciated you. We'll remember you. Perhaps Mork is part of the reason my favorite Scrooge scene entails, "I must stand on my head... I MUST stand on my head!"
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Why would somebody who as so loved, admired and successful choose to end his own life? That's crazy! I mean, wasn't there anybody to keep an eye on him and make sure he was going to be alright?
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I don't think that anyone thought there was a pressing need to keep an eye on him.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
It just goes to show that some problems are far more serious than what they might seem or appear to others. You know, you just kinda felt somebody should have been around to make sure he was going to be OK. I guess I am lucky in that regard that my family makes sure I am OK. My wife is awesome in that regard. Yet, here is Robin Williams who is loved and admired and has nobody to look out for him. What is this world coming to?
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
General, a disease that turns one against himself is a dangerous one, indeed. He's the only one who's there 24/7/365. No one else can match that.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Lots of us go through life without anyone to look after us 24/7. I certainly don't want a "keeper" to look after me.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Even a keeper couldn't guarantee his survival. Why look to blame someone, General?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20428 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is a disease. Blame and judgment have no place here. Neither does ignorance. Please refrain general. You seem to understand little of the demons which are involved.

I have lost more friends than I care to remember to this demon. It has many faces and the very nature of it causes one not to seek help and to act in ways that are self destructive. Please refrain from nonsensical posts such as "that's crazy".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Passing Of Robin Williams (28 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL