The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Headline Prediction (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Hello All

Has anyone done the Big Newspaper Prediction From the book By James Biss "Messing with Minds .
Curous as you any thoughts on this , and are there other That allow a letter to be sent /delivered to newspaper or Event Planned a week In advance.
I would Like Predition to be written on a Full 81/2 x 11 Piece o Typing paper. ( so a B. Knife is out . )

Appreciate thought on this

m123
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
James kinda got in a tad of trouble as I recall.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
There are many, many ways to do it the way you request. Bruce Bernstein and Larry Becker are two who come to mind right away. Stuart James has a workable method that he used (and he actually ended up predicting that "Nazi Germany Invades Poland" a year before it happened). Mr. James' method would require quite a bit of work, but it would still look good even by today's standards.

I'm not familiar with the routine in question nor am I familiar with Mr. Biss's trouble, but it is ironic since Dr. Stanley Jaks duplicated Stuart James' feat and also ended up in hot water since the headline was that a farmer was murdered!! Smile
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Doughlas
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
173 Posts

Profile of Doughlas
If you're going to predict headlines...do something from the Sports section of the paper. It can keep you out of any perceived trouble should something really awful happen that day.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Mr Biss got into a spot of trouble that made his signature routine rather unfortunate, in retrospect.

Messing With Minds is a great book and his headline prediction is very strong-though not original to him.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I like Mr. Bernstein's approach for the simple reason that it's a logical way to avoid situations like a bad headline.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Has anyone any experience with Kentons take on this? Be interested to hear a view Smile
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Do you mean perfected prediction? (I think that was the name!) not much use on its own, but interesting as an additional convincer, I thought.
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
That's the one! Thanks Martin! I was decidingtadtwddm that and Devin K...
Thanks again Smile
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
I favor riggs' method from one of his DVDs, called news from delphi
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Yeah gunna agree with doughlas on this one probably best to predict sports headlines just incase WW3 breaks out that day and you are to blame.
Cryptghost
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Cryptghost
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of perfected prediction by Kento Knepper or something simiar, I have looked everywhere but cannot find a copy
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
456 Posts

Profile of Axel
You could contact Mr. Knepper on Facebook and ask him directly.
Cryptghost
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Cryptghost
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2018, Axel wrote:
You could contact Mr. Knepper on Facebook and ask him directly.

Thank you, that is a good idea, I just wanted to find out if there were any other outlets before bothering him directly,
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
456 Posts

Profile of Axel
I might be wrong (as I'm not a creator) but I think most creators are happy if you buy directly from them.
Since they don't have to split the profit?
But you're absolutely right to check for other availabilities first as some creators have a bad reputation when it comes to selling their own stuff.
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
456 Posts

Profile of Axel
Another recommendation:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8635
Cryptghost
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Cryptghost
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2018, Axel wrote:
Another recommendation:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8635

Hi

Thank you for the link, I am going to get this instead,

You cannot go wrong with Banachek!!

Thanks for all your advice,

all the best

Richard
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
Take a look at Prescience from the first issue of the second volume of The Journal of Psience

Here is the description, and I can tell you it lives up to every claim:

PRESCIENCE
by Michael Weber

In 1996 Michael Weber created and first performed what may be the easiest and most intelligent, elegant, fool-proof and baffling prediction to date.

Weeks before the show, you call the host of the event and inform him or her that you are sending a prediction of an event that you believe will occur within 24 hours of the show.

All of the following are true:

Once you seal your prediction in the envelope and send it on its way, you NEVER touch the envelope again.

You do NOT switch the contents of the envelope. NO ONE switches the contents of the envelope. The prediction you seal inside is the very same prediction that the spectator will remove and read.

No stooges or special assistants. ANYONE can open the envelope, remove the contents and instantly read your prediction out loud.

You can predict almost anything and your prediction will be 100% accurate when it is read aloud. No two-way outs, double envelopes or multiple endings. You will only write ONE prediction.

Your prediction can be printed on a giant piece of paper and written with enormous lettering that can be seen from even the largest stage.

Suitable for use at the beginning, middle or end of your show. It was specially designed for corporate events.

As impossible as it seems, you do not even need to be present when your prediction is opened and read out loud!

If all of the above sounds too good to be true, you're right, but it is all 100% accurate.

Weber has used this method for 30 years without a single error or failure.

He has only shared his remarkable secret with a select group of trusted confidants including Tim Connover, Eric Mead, Max Maven, Ross Johnson, Luke Jermay, Doc Hilford and Bob Cassidy.

His secret, PRESCIENCE, can now be yours for only $250 US Dollars via PayPal to Psience.Mail@gmail.com

Or...

You can read it in Volume II Issue I of the The Journal of Psience, only $120 USD for six issues via PayPal to Psience.Mail@gmail.com
Cryptghost
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Cryptghost
Thanks Newguy this looks intriguing thanks for all the information, I have just bought Banachek’s Headline Predictions, but I will I will keep an eye out on Prescience in the future

All the best

RH
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2014, Doughlas wrote:
If you're going to predict headlines...do something from the Sports section of the paper. It can keep you out of any perceived trouble should something really awful happen that day.

FANTASTIC advice and worth the price of admission. Thanks!
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Headline Prediction (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL