The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book on approaching a hotel/resort ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello,
I am looking for information on approaching a hotel and resort for an event program. I have worked a few hotels in the past but it was always through an agent. I want to develop a game plan and a better pitch so that I can do this on my own.

Anyone can recommend a book that might cover this topic?

Best
Ray
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
735 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Don't think there's a book out there for this "niche" market. I would recommend you calling the GM and ask to do a 5 minute presentation during a staff meeting so all departments can see what you propose.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bob Brown of Bob Brown and Brenda was the only magician I know of that booked his own shows all over the world. No agents. He never revealed his process to the magic community. I sent an email to him a couple of months ago and never received an reply. He is very old now, so I do not know if his website info is really any good.

I would suggest you make up a list of questions and contact those hotels and resorts you worked for in the past and set up a conversation period with them. It is old, I would like to learn about your business type interview the suggest college graduates do when looking for a job. Once you know why the hired you, you will have some solid information to put together your sales pitch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Book on approaching a hotel/resort ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL