The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Better Prop Than One In Magic Set? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I have been using this for a long time now and Im wondering if there is a similar or "better" version of this....It is the green and black plastic rectanngle box (think of like a real tiny version of a box the assistant stands in when the magician puts the blades in and "cuts" the assistant into 3 pieces). its about the height of a normal 20 oz. bottle of water. Inside is hollow, and there is a thin square piece that you insert in the box that slides right into the middle of the box, making a top and bottom level. The middle of this square piece has a timy hole. A string goes through the top of the box, through the little hole in the square and dangles into the lower half of the box and a ring is attached to the end of the string. so if the Magician OR the spectator pulls on the string, there is no possible way you can pull the ring through the tiny hole in the middle square into the upper half of the box. You then put your "magic cover" onto the box, Magi or spec pulls the string (dont forget the magic words!) opens the cover and now the string AND ring has been pulled through the tiny hole magically, and is now in the UPPER half of the box. This may be argued, but EVERYTHING can be inspected before and after.(it "kind of" locks after the penetration). It came in one of my older Fantasma Magic sets. Does anyone know of something either similar to this or better made than plastic? This is hands down one of the coolest props I ever got in any magic set, and I still use this alot! I have seen this on display at Fantasma seperately on their shelf in the past, I am not sure if they sell it by itself, I think it only comes in the magic set. I would love to get my hands on a better version of this.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
If you would post a photo you would get more interest.

An unbroken block of descriptive text is not very inviting.

Good luck!

-Mary
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Sorry, Im not that great with computers. "If an unbroken block of descriptive text is not very inviting" to you, then simply don't read it. I have read blocks 3 times the length of mine and would never post that back to them.

Thanks!
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Sounds like a zig zag rope. A picture WOULD help, though.
Weird is part of the job.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I will try to post a photo. It is not the zig zag rope, though
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I'm sorry nattefrost,

I was just trying to tell you how to get better response here.

I did not mean to offend.

-Mary Mowder
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
No Mary, I'm sorry, I should be the one to apologize. My mother recently passed away from a sudden heart attack and I have been a little testy with people for no reason. Please accept my apology.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
The actual picture of this prop (and I SHOULD learn how to post a link or a photo of the prop LOL) is on the front of "Fantasma's Astounding Magic Set". It is between the "card box" and the "magic draw" filled with candy. It is black, with green borders, has a string running through the top and a ring on the end of the string. The cover to the ring box that slips over the top is directly next to it (with a little green circle on top).
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I accept your apology and I certainly understand. I could have written my post better as well.

Here is a link to images of the Fantasma Magic set.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Fantasma+......80%3B270

Is it the green one in the top row?

-Mary Mowder
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Mary- that's the one. Is this the only one if it's kind? Thanks for the link. I would love to get a better version of this. Very clever prop- kids especially like this one. Fooled plenty of adults with this too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Better Prop Than One In Magic Set? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL