The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Mentalism effect you've ever seen? (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Creepy...
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Kai wrote:
When I was in China, an old woman guessed my zodiac sign and my favorite book without me doing anything at all. I'm not even sure it was a trick...

you were in China!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Is anybody esle aware of where you can get PT's billetless name guess that was taught in bigger fish 2 (which is now unavailable)?

Sleepy
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
Jermay's Mind
John
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2017, Axel wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2017, jstreiff wrote:
Jermay's QA act is the most realistic performance of mentalism in its purest form, IMO.

I agree. Luke's performance at Mindsummit two years ago was probably the best thing I've ever seen.

Also thank you, Stuart and Louigi, for your nice comments about my video.
I appreciate them very much.
All the best,
Axel

Are you saying that the Q&A act you are referring to is different than the one on Jermay's Mind that jstreiff seems to be referring to? Can you speak to what's different about it from a viewer's perspective?
Max Wells
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of Max Wells
Jermay's Q&A is the best thing ever.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
Is anybody esle aware of where you can get PT's billetless name guess that was taught in bigger fish 2 (which is now unavailable)?

Sleepy

There are many, more modern and updated versions in my volume 12 "Prop-less" mentalism of the name divination - They are a collection of my favourite effects.

Pete x
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, Peter_turner wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:

Sleepy

There are many, more modern and updated versions in my volume 12 "Prop-less" mentalism of the name divination - They are a collection of my favourite effects.

Pete x

Thanks! Will check that out !!

Sleepy
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
I have not read this entire thread but can't believe that nobody has mentioned the Piddingtons?
Use the FORCE Luke.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2020, Papa Legba wrote:
I have not read this entire thread but can't believe that nobody has mentioned the Piddingtons?

But if you've not read it all, how do you know? 🤪👍🤘🏻
I've asked to be banned
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2020, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2020, Papa Legba wrote:

But if you've not read it all, how do you know? 🤪👍🤘🏻

We're talking about mentalism.😜👍
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
I think that Derren Brown made me change my path and start doing mind reading and influence, Peter Turner too, for me it was like real magic.

One effect that I loved was one from Paul Vigil where he predicted a 3 digit number, is on fool us.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Kai wrote:
When I was in China, an old woman guessed my zodiac sign and my favorite book without me doing anything at all. I'm not even sure it was a trick...

This is fabulous. I’m curious where this happened for you.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
And other thing that made me trasition into mentalism was seeing PT perform his card stuff, amazing stuff.
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
I think that Derren Brown made me change my path and start doing mind reading and influence, Peter Turner too, for me it was like real magic.

One effect that I loved was one from Paul Vigil where he predicted a 3 digit number, is on fool us.
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
For me, it could be a lot of things by Banachek and his Drawing Dupe tops the list with PK. Entertainment value of John Archer’s Blank Knight is considerably unshakable. I love it! ✨
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I don't know about the best effect.
But the best one's performing for me are Derren Brown & Peter Turner for sure.
There presentations are excellent.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I have to say that it was one of two experiences. The first could have been presented as a mentalism effect but wasn't. It was around the early 1980's and I didn't even think about magic or mentalism in those days. They didn't mean anything more to me than origami or (shudder) juggling.

I was at a street performer festival and this ragged man in a cheesy costume did the Invisi*le Deck. He did it badly -- but I remember standing in the audience with my mouth open. HOW DID HE DO THAT??? I went back every day to watch him. (I wasn't stalking him...I was INVESTIGATING...ok?) I watched my pet theories get shot down one at a time. He didn't have 52 decks of cards. The volunteers weren't plants...etc. I was utterly baffled.

In the olden days there was no internet. So I wound up at a magic shop -- a middle aged man who ran a special events company -- asking the owner to sell me that trick. He refused because he said I wasn't worthy of that effect. He was right. And THAT encounter led to a relationship as close as possible to a magic mentor. I still perform the ID today. You could say that seeing that effect changed my life because it did.

The other effect left me quite literally gobsmacked. Richard Osterlind had invited me to attend his workshop in Vegas after one MindVention. So I went and he chose me as the volunteer for a CMR demonstration. First I hid an object. In a pocket. In a guy's jacket. In the middle of the room. Since I was the volunteer I KNOW I wasn't helping him and I wasn't a plant. But he took my hand in his and went RIGHT to that guy. That pocket. That object.

I was obsessed with that effect for months. I nagged Richard into doing a book about it. I worked on it for a long time and finally put it into my show.

But I still fondly remember the utter wonder the first time I saw it.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2020, Christopher Taylor wrote:
For me it was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-VYn6gUBFE&feature=youtu.be

CT

I liked it, but pretty sure got it figured out. Thanks for sharing.

S
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Mentalism effect you've ever seen? (74 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL