The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Mentalism effect you've ever seen? (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On May 17, 2021, akashdeep617 wrote:
if I like the effect I will surely want to learn and perform it too.

There is so much wrong with this thought and perception. This is a great example of a magician's way of thinking.

Also thank you two for taking my post completely out of its originally intended context and adjusting it to fit your own thoughts, rather than hearing the actual point.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Well, way out of my waters here, but I have always enjoyed a bit of some good mentalism. Smile

I think that at least one of the best mentalism effects I've ever seen is perhaps the one I still do from time to time from my journey, The Hoy Book Test, by David Hoy, aka Dr. Faust.

Man. when I first saw it done, it baffled me to no end. After learning and presenting it in various places like libraries, book stores, news stands and in quite a few offices and people's own homes, it has stood the test of time for me as an impromptu giant. It is so simple but guarantees wonder & amazement everytime. Not that a lot of the other effects mentioned here aren't as miraculous, but this little gem has always commanded repeat performances from all that I have ever done it for. I don't think I saw it mentioned in this thread (and I'm sure there are deeper holes to be dug in this arena), but it truly deserves to be, despite its perfect simplicity.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Mentalism effect you've ever seen? (74 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL