The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Appliance magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
Hi All I got an event with a major kitchen appliance company,

Can any one help or have ideas on magic effects or tricks to do with kitchen appliances the things that will be there as follows:

Stand Mixer
Kettle
Toaster
Large fridge
freezer
Blender

Any ideas or sugestions are much appreciated thank you in advance
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
Looks like everyone is just as stumped as I am with this one :-{

Only thought I have had is with the toast coming out as predicted card?

Any ideas guys/girls could really do with the help no matter how silly you think it might sound

Thank you in advance
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Freezer/Fridge - tricks with ice cubes or anything else cold like ice cream, soft drinks etc
Toaster - how about ideas using items that are burnt...sandwich effects?
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Use a stand mixer (with dough hook) to "mix" or shuffle cards.

Use blender to destroy a bill you find in a lemon in the fridge; do it again and find the bill in an egg from the fridge.

Kettle is tailor made for the magic teapot effect.

Put a card fountain inside the toaster and do a card sword routine with the cards shooting out of the toaster.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5861 Posts

Profile of motown
Who is the event for, the consumer or trade?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
Thank you all for the help good ideas there,

The event is a 25 year celebration mainly for industry VIPs and consumer
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
POP CARD - http://forums.ellusionist.com/showthread.php?78814-Pop-card
Although you might sell more Pop Tarts than toasters.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5861 Posts

Profile of motown
Don't get hung up on trying to do stuff with the actual appliances. Try the corporate approach. Make the the magic about the companies/brands or benefits of the products. Karrell Fox's books are filled with corporate magic. Many effects can be adapted.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
Thank you all for the information I have a couple of ideas now one will include a card through oven window.

Motown thank you for the advice I think it will be the best approach keep it simple and stick to what I know :-}
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1114 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2014, motown wrote:
Don't get hung up on trying to do stuff with the actual appliances. Try the corporate approach. Make the the magic about the companies/brands or benefits of the products. Karrell Fox's books are filled with corporate magic. Many effects can be adapted.

Which Fox Books do you recommend? He's got quite a few..
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5861 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2014, imgic wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2014, motown wrote:

Which Fox Books do you recommend? He's got quite a few..
"Another Book" and "For My Next Trick ... ".
– Karl Germain
tommyellison
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of tommyellison
Professors nightmare

Some companies are long on promises but short on service (or delivering good service) and in reality are about average, blah, blah, blah...

At XYX, we deliver what we promise, guarantee world class quality and do it for an affordable price.... Or whatever three features you were trying to promote for the product line.

Send me a commission! Smile

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Appliance magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL