The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New Aronson Book On The Way (63 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Great news! Can't wait. I have copies of all of his previous releases and really appreciate his thinking and his careful, precise explanations.
Simon Aronson
View Profile
1943 - 2019
74 Posts

Profile of Simon Aronson
Yes, it's absolutely true. My new book will be in similar format to my others (hardback, 8 1/2 x 11, dustcover) with over 300 pages. My proofreaders are just giving it their final once over, so I hope to send it to the printers in the next couple of weeks.

I'll be preparing an "official" announcement and order information shortly, and plan to send info out to my mailing list (such as it is). If you want to be kept informed, just send your email address to order@simonaronson.com and I'll add you to my list.

Simon
"There's a world of difference between a spectator's not knowing how something is done versus his knowing that it can't be done."

Shuffle-bored (1980)

http://www.simonaronson.com
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of mrehula
My year is made!
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of mrehula
Simon, any way you can tease us with what the contents are? The official announcement may answer that question, but I'm impatient. We are all assuming that it will be full of mem deck material. Correct? Memorization required? Aronson Stack dependent? Maybe a rope routine? . . .
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2014, Simon Aronson wrote:

I'll be preparing an "official" announcement and order information shortly, and plan to send info out to my mailing list (such as it is). If you want to be kept informed, just send your email address to order@simonaronson.com and I'll add you to my list.

I know that you don't ship books to Canada but I know your resellers and wholesalers do. I will make sure that The Browser's Den in Toronto is aware of the upcoming release. I have gotten all of your books there thus far.

Les
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Wow! It's awesome to have confirmation from the man himself! I'm really looking forward to this. I've been using the Aronson stack for quite a while. I can't wait to see some new routines.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have been using many of Simon´s cardeffects and they are very good.
I look forward to this book - on my wishlist!
chado158
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis, IN
80 Posts

Profile of chado158
I am so happy to hear this! I have all of Simon's books and absolutely love "Two Beginnings" "Prior Commitment" and "head over heels." I can't wait to see what gems are included in this one.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Simon is now taking orders:

http://www.simonaronson.com/books.html

Folks ordering via Simon's website will received a set of 4 gaffed cards with the book.
poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
419 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
Pre-order is ALSO available on Vanishinginc now~*
It is a good news for international buyers Smile

- Arthur
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, poonchingyip wrote:
Pre-order is ALSO available on Vanishinginc now~*
It is a good news for international buyers Smile

- Arthur

I am still working through my older Aronson books and will wait for Jeff Pinsky to stock it at Browsers' Den. It is one of the few brick and mortar magic shops left in Canada and I want to keep supporting it.
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Great news !!

I ordered from Vanishinginc as I live in France, but I'm really upset by the huge amount to pay for shipping ! The 50$ became 96$ and more, so do the math, it doubles the price !

I would never ordered there if it wasn't Aronson...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
Tu aurais dû attendre... Car le livre sera certainement distribué par murphys et Ludo ( ou autre ) te l aurai commandé ....
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Je te réponds en anglais :

Good advice Learachel, I sent a message to cancel the order and wait until it's available in France. I'm so happy about this release after a 13 year wait, I had to jump on it asap... Patience...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Ordered!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, Tim Cavendish wrote:

Folks ordering via Simon's website will received a set of 4 gaffed cards with the book.

DARN! I didn't see this offer from Simon until today. Unfortunately (for me), just yesterday I PRE-ordered this book from Vanishing Inc. (sigh) I'm now wondering if the pre-order can be cancelled or if Vanishing Inc will also be including the 4 gimmicked cards required to perform some of the effects in Art Decko. Since Simon is such a good friend of Josh Jay's I never gave it a second thought about ordering the book from Vanishing Inc..and I actually assumed (wrongly?) that Vanishing Inc was getting first dibs on the sale of the book.

In my excitement to get ahold of Simon's new book, I broke my rule about not Pre-ordering anything. And, as usual, it looks like pre-ordering has come back to bite me. (double sigh)

Oh well. Hopefully, I might already have the 4 gimmicked cards in some of my DBs and DF cards.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Sep 22, 2014, Turk wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2014, Tim Cavendish wrote:

DARN! I didn't see this offer from Simon until today. Unfortunately (for me), just yesterday I PRE-ordered this book from Vanishing Inc. (sigh) I'm now wondering if the pre-order can be cancelled or if Vanishing Inc will also be including the 4 gimmicked cards required to perform some of the effects in Art Decko. Since Simon is such a good friend of Josh Jay's I never gave it a second thought about ordering the book from Vanishing Inc..and I actually assumed (wrongly?) that Vanishing Inc was getting first dibs on the sale of the book.

In my excitement to get ahold of Simon's new book, I broke my rule about not Pre-ordering anything. And, as usual, it looks like pre-ordering has come back to bite me. (double sigh)

Oh well. Hopefully, I might already have the 4 gimmicked cards in some of my DBs and DF cards.

Mike

But, by ordering from VanishingInc, you will be getting the signed bookplate.

If the gaffs are anything like those that were included with Try the Impossible, you will not have anything like them. I assume the ones included in this new book will be unique also. But, they are available for $10 on Simon's site.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Simon Aronson
View Profile
1943 - 2019
74 Posts

Profile of Simon Aronson
Guys, here's some clarification.

First, I'm happy to announce that the manuscript for my new book Art Decko is now at the printer, with a target date for distribution and shipping of November 1. Believe me, after writing for over a year, I'm as eager to see it as you are.

Second, I've just had my website www.simonaronson.com fully updated, and you can now pre-order your copy of Art Decko, at a price of $50.00. Art Decko is a large (8.5 x 11) hardbound volume, with full color dust cover, black binding with silver lettering (matching my previous four large books). It's my largest book ever, containing over 325 pages of my most recent card magic. My website gives you more information about its contents.

Third, a few of the tricks require specially printed gaffed cards, so I had them printed by U.S. Playing Card Company, so they would be available for anyone who wanted them. I thought about trying to include them with every copy of the book, but that would have increased the cost of the book to everyone, so I'm selling a packet of the four gaffs for $10.00 on my website. These gaffs are exclusive with me; they won't be available anywhere else (the same as the five gaffed Aces I sell for use with Try the Impossible).

I'm always torn about marketing -- book and product selling isn't a "business" for me; being retired is a lot more fun. I've always felt it's important to support creators and authors, so I'm grateful when people purchase directly from me. So, as a small 'thank you,' I will include the set of four specially printed gaffed cards as a free bonus with direct book orders. (Again, I offered (and still offer) the same kind of bonus with Try the Impossible). But don't worry, if you buy the book from your local magic dealer or the internet, you can still buy a set of the gaffs at my website.

Finally, there's one more item that's an "add-on." The final trick in the book, Two by Two, is something I'm extremely excited about; it's my take on ACAAN (sort of) but with a different slant. It's one of the strongest pieces I've come up with in a very long time -- but it requires a special deck of number cards. I had one such deck made for my own use, and I was so happy with it that I had the deck printed (in a limited quantity) for those who might want to try this routine. That deck is available separately for $ 25.00 at my website. It is not printed by U.S. Playing Card Company, but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. My advice is to wait until you read the routine in Art Decko before you decide whether to purchase the number deck (you won't know exactly how I use the deck anyway until you read the book, because the deck alone is sold without instructions).

The gaffed cards and the Two by Two number deck won't ship until the book is available (expected around November 1). You can immediately order Art Decko from me now, and once the book arrives from the printer, book orders will be shipped out in the order received. I pay postage on U.S. Domestic orders. There are PayPal buttons on my website, or for those who prefer snail mail, there are mailing instructions.

Finally, let me address some of the comments above about Foreign Orders for the book. Because of the weight, widely varying shipping costs to each separate country, customs declarations, and often unavailability of tracking, I don't ship books outside the U.S. Many of the reputable dealers are much better equipped to handle this. I sympathize with, and appreciate, that some of you would still like to purchase from me, either to take advantage of the bonus deal, or to request a signed copy, or simply to support the project. There is a practical solution that may work for many: if you have a willing friend or relative in the U.S., you could have them order for you (or with their permission, you could order using their U.S. shipping address), using the PayPal buttons on my website at www.simonaronson.com . When they receive the book, they can then personally arrange to ship it directly to you. Since I pay for shipping on domestic orders, it won't cost you anything additional, and you can thus take advantage of the free gaffs that are included with direct orders from me. But I fully understand this option may not be helpful to everyone, so feel free to support your local brick and mortar or internet dealer.

This is my first book in over 13 years, and I am really looking forward to seeing the finished product. I hope you are too.

Simon
"There's a world of difference between a spectator's not knowing how something is done versus his knowing that it can't be done."

Shuffle-bored (1980)

Simon Aronson
View Profile
1943 - 2019
74 Posts

Profile of Simon Aronson
One more thought about my book Art Decko.

The book will be distributed wholesale through Murphy's Magic Supplies, so if you want your local bricks-and-mortar dealer to carry it, tell them they should be able to order copies through Murphy's.

Shuffle-bored (1980)

Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
I assume that those of us who ordered this from you prior to today, you have a history of our orders?
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » New Aronson Book On The Way (63 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL