The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Redskins gesture offensive. (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..12..15..18..21..24..27~28~29 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I'm not suggesting that the "pro-officer" (for lack of a better term) account is accurate. It may very well be a completely fabricated account to cover up a bad shooting.

What I *am* saying is that the fact that the suspect was unarmed does not mean that deadly force was necessarily unjustified.

Agreed. But wouldn't a dash or body cam been useful here. And has it been determined if officer Wilson's car had a dash cam installed? I think that would be relevant, particularly if he did and it wasn't turned on for some reason.

And, given the conflicted statements of the police chief and the previous Ferguson PD incident involving the innocent man who was charged for bleeding on their uniforms, I think that at least some skepticism of their veracity is warranted.

I agree with all of this; I was only disputing the idea that [merely] because Brown was unarmed, the officer should be arrested.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2014, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Stealing cigars is a felony? Oh, and ISIS are not American citizens.

Theft involving the use or threat of force is, indeed, a felony. It's called robbery.

Quote:
Missouri Burglary is a class C felony, punishable by up to seven years in prison, or one year in jail, and a fine up to $5,000.

Interesting.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
What ever happened to first-hand sources?

There are simply too few of them to go around.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Glad you know what is soon to be proven. Do you have an "inside source close to the investigation" as well? And, BTW, that was lobo's quote, not mine. (You edited my response out)

Didn't realize I edited to take out Lobo's name. Wasn't trying to pin it on you Bob.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
That sounds very Fox Newsie...

Funny how ALL the media attention suddenly dropped and quit covering this after the news of the injuries Wilson suffered from Brown came out.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:

Funny how ALL the media attention suddenly dropped and quit covering this after the news of the injuries Wilson suffered from Brown came out.

And if it was Fox News that first reported this and this in fact is proven to be true- only further proves how most ALL other media sources are truly biased.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Theft involving the use or threat of force is, indeed, a felony. It's called robbery.

Quote:
Missouri Burglary is a class C felony, punishable by up to seven years in prison, or one year in jail, and a fine up to $5,000.

Interesting.

Missouri Revised Statutes

Chapter 569
Robbery, Arson, Burglary and Related Offenses
Section 569.030

August 28, 2013

Robbery in the second degree.
569.030. 1. A person commits the crime of robbery in the second degree when he forcibly steals property.

2. Robbery in the second degree is a class B felony.

(Class B felony = 5-15 years.)

(L. 1977 S.B. 60)
Effective 1-1-79

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I can't find a source for the injury to the cop. ABC and FOX say it's an unnamed source; which I find convenient. Any other time they would be posting pictures of the cops injuries with a doctor making a statement. Why aren't we seeing this in this case?
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:

Of course.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Interesting.

Robbery and burglary are two distinctly different crimes.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
I can't find a source for the injury to the cop. ABC and FOX say it's an unnamed source; which I find convenient. Any other time they would be posting pictures of the cops injuries with a doctor making a statement. Why aren't we seeing this in this case?

Another source besides Fox reporting this. One of the few....

http://quincyjournal.com/regional-beat/2......-source/
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

Why? Because as reported:

"The article also says that St. Louis County police, now in charge of the investigation, have refused to confirm or deny the story. They say they will present all the evidence to a grand jury when the time comes."

And the time will come and point will be proven how almost ALL media stations are biased and liberal.

Also funny how the uproar from the family has ceased along with the shrinking group of protestors after this info came out.....
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Quote:

Why? Because as reported:

"The article also says that St. Louis County police, now in charge of the investigation, have refused to confirm or deny the story. They say they will present all the evidence to a grand jury when the time comes."

And the time will come and point will be proven how almost ALL media stations are biased and liberal.

Also interesting how the uproar from the family has ceased along with the shrinking group of protestors after this info came out.....

Excuse the choice of the word "funny" in previous post- that was not meant to be derogatory as the whole thing is sad and disturbing.

But you have to wonder why all the news stations suddenly dropped talking about this case. If you look at the T. Martin case- they were relentless on George until he was proven innocent.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Actually there reporting what Fox said.

Quote:
a source close to the department's top brass told FoxNews.com.

An unnamed source doesn't provide much credibility. If they posted the pictures of the injuries or had a doctor speak out on then (to protect the identity of the cop) a few days after the incident, then it would have answered a lot of questions. But this is too much like this...

Quote:
My brother's sister's cousin never said anything about bars
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
If you look at the T. Martin case- they were relentless on George until he was proven innocent.

I'm pretty sure that George wasn't "proven innocent". He was merely found not guilty (based on the evidence presented).
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2014, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
If you look at the T. Martin case- they were relentless on George until he was proven innocent.

I'm pretty sure that George wasn't "proven innocent". He was merely found not guilty (based on the evidence presented).

Correct. In fact, it's quite possible and consistent with the law that all 12 jurors believed that he was guilty.

mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
And that may have well been the case. They may merely have felt that the state failed to prove all of the elements of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt.

RNK- By your reasoning, OJ Simpson is also "innocent" since a jury found him not guilty.

But we've explained MANY times here that there is no such verdict as "innocent." And it seems that many still refuse to understand that.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I do believe that in Salem if the woman drowned then she was innocent of being a witch.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes- but that was the old law! Smile

Note also that Trayvon Martin's family received a substantial settlement (reportedly over one million dollars) as a result of their civil lawsuit for wrongful death against the Home Owners' Association of the complex in which Zimmerman was a "watch person."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national.......1308943

But that isn't a finding of guilt or innocence either.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Compared to the inarticulate grunts football players usually give during interviews, it's a refreshingly clear and heart-felt political statement, IMO.

What if they had all put their heads down and charged, imitating Brown's alleged "bull rush," in support of the officer?

Exactly. I would've found that offensive too
Considering we don't have the facts on the case, I think the Redskins' gesture was highly inappropriate. Did the Coach know they were going to do it? How about the GM? Surely they ran it by the captain first?
Making these kind of political statements is in poor taste.
If the facts come out and the officer was justified in his actions, will the Redskins' front office apologize to him? To his family?
To sports fans?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Redskins gesture offensive. (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..12..15..18..21..24..27~28~29 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL