The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RA - Rostami ACAAN - NO Memory, Math or Sleights (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27 [Next]
gerg75
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of gerg75
Hello Greg, I purchased the bundle and trying out telefoto. I am on iphone 6s. There seems to be a glitch. Code 111 vibrates in the same manner as code 11. Thus only 2 vibrations for 111. For code 1111 I get 2 short bursts, then a pause and then one short burst. Am I missing something? its like the 3rd vibration regardless the code is missing or something. Please advise. I tried contacting you through your website but there is no answer there. Best regards.
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
179 Posts

Profile of sevenup
Watched the demo, and if the cards are on the table before the spec inputs the number and card, what good is it to receive info on your phone about selection?
Pick a card, any card at all. Just don't pick a RED spade.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2015, sevenup wrote:
Watched the demo, and if the cards are on the table before the spec inputs the number and card, what good is it to receive info on your phone about selection?

I had this concern at a certain point but my flow is:
* get the information (secretly)
* pick the deck to remove the jokers
* finish

I've done it many many times and it always leaves them puzzled.
The only - minor - drawback is that the ACAAN theme is very strong on magicians but not *THAT* strong on spectators. But still way above the average on strength.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2015, sevenup wrote:

You have several options which information you will receive. I opted for (as a memdeck guy) e. g. only receiving the stack number I have to cut to the bottom, nothing more. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Abolutely brilliant for the price. Well pleased. I use this with a marked deck to help identify cut point
MitchCECG
View Profile
New user
New Egypt NJ
10 Posts

Profile of MitchCECG
I would not purchase anything else from Greg Rostami. I have sent this email to others from Magic Live and it speaks for itself....

I do not know about anyone else… But I would like to hear from you.
Greg Rostami promised at Magic Live and in an email on 8/12/2015 that
“Thank you for purchasing Supa Thump at Magic Live.
You will be receiving a free copy of our latest app, Inject, once it becomes available on the app store.”

Well Inject has been available for a long while and I still do not have it. I have written to Greg numerous times and received no response.

Further I have Iperdict plus and it has not worked correctly since I got it. At Magic Live he promised to solve the issue and it still does not work. So 4 months later I get no response to emails.

Please let me know if you are having the same experience.

Respectfully submitted
Magic Mitch
If I had a son he would be a son of a Mitch

Chairman of SAM Special Education Program
New Jersey Deputy Assembly 181
Life Member 378
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Mitch,

I'm so sorry if your emails have not been answered.

Over the last few months, my account with iTunes has had a problem where I can not use promo codes to give away apps.
I have already contacted Apple about this problem, but they still don't have a solution. Smile

Hence, the reason why it's been impossible for me to give anyone copies of any of my apps without them purchasing it.

I wish I had told you about this problem earlier so that it wouldn't get to this point.

If you give me your email address, I will gift you a copy of Inject now, so that you can start using it immediately.
Furthermore, I give anyone that asks my personal mobile number so that you can call me about any questions.

Many of my customers will attest to how reachable I am by phone.

The issue with iPredict+ is Google had a free service that allowed iPredict+ to work with text messages.
Google has stopped that service, hence the text message part does not work.
During Magic Live, we thought we had a solution, but I'm afraid that solution did not work.
The voicemail features of iPredict+ still work.

On the other hand, iPredict Pro uses Twilio (which is NOT a free service) and both the text and voicemail features of iPredict Pro work perfectly.

Once again, I sincerely apologize about this delay.
I will send your copy of Inject, as soon as you PM/email me your email address.

Greg Rostami
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2015, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi Mitch,

I'm so sorry if your emails have not been answered.

Over the last few months, my account with iTunes has had a problem where I can not use promo codes to give away apps.
I have already contacted Apple about this problem, but they still don't have a solution. Smile

Hence, the reason why it's been impossible for me to give anyone copies of any of my apps without them purchasing it.

I wish I had told you about this problem earlier so that it wouldn't get to this point.

If you give me your email address, I will gift you a copy of Inject now, so that you can start using it immediately.
Furthermore, I give anyone that asks my personal mobile number so that you can call me about any questions.

Many of my customers will attest to how reachable I am by phone.

The issue with iPredict+ is Google had a free service that allowed iPredict+ to work with text messages.
Google has stopped that service, hence the text message part does not work.
During Magic Live, we thought we had a solution, but I'm afraid that solution did not work.
The voicemail features of iPredict+ still work.

On the other hand, iPredict Pro uses Twilio (which is NOT a free service) and both the text and voicemail features of iPredict Pro work perfectly.

Once again, I sincerely apologize about this delay.
I will send your copy of Inject, as soon as you PM/email me your email address.

Greg Rostami

iPredict+ was my go to app for a while. It still works for voice messages but Nadia does not work for numbers. I was disappointed at first but found a better way to do that with Photoprediction. I also use Max's Mental Killer instead. I think that the problem with Greg's apps is that he puts so many out that he does not have any time to update them. iForce has need of being updated as will if you wanted to use the touch the screen version and then open the app to reveal. I think that I will not buy anymore from Greg. I have found suitable substitutes for all the apps I have that he made. Not to mention the loud vibrations from the iphone 6 that ruin the thumper apps.

Instead of RA Acaan I have found and use Super ACAAN
Instead of buying iPredict Pro I will buy Augure
Instead of iPredict + I use PhotoPrediction

I have lost all faith that Greg's intentions are to support yesterday's apps as his focus is just spread too thin. My two cents.
MitchCECG
View Profile
New user
New Egypt NJ
10 Posts

Profile of MitchCECG
For all that are interested. Greg did get back to me after posting to this forum. He finally did make good on his word and supplied Inject. We had a friendly conversation and agreed to help each other in future. We have reached an understanding about the issues I have expressed.

Although he has an explanation for Ipredict + a developer should not be dependent on a service that might not be there in future. This is where we have a difference in philosophy. I own a computer consulting firm and I make sure that I am running my own server banks for my clients and I am only dependent on a provider for internet connectivity. I also make sure I am backed up in multiple locations in case of a failure in one location. Anyway Iperdict + as Greg pointed out was only about $10. He suggested I purchase Iperdict pro for $100. Greg has now offered for anyone that has bought I predict+ and purchased the pro version if you send him proof of both purchases he will refund the price paid for Ipredict +

I also am developing products for our community (see www.projectenigmamagic.com ) so I suggest that you guide yourselves based on the experiences expressed in the forums and draw your own conclusion.

At this point I will not endorse or disparage his products.

Respectfully submitted
Magic Mitch
If I had a son he would be a son of a Mitch

Chairman of SAM Special Education Program
New Jersey Deputy Assembly 181
Life Member 378
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
a developer should not be dependent on a service that might not be there in future.

Yeah, right, wishful thinking here. Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Depending on your definition of the future this statement potentially suggests that no magic app should have ever been created. Its a changing world in which we live in.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Quote:
: "no developer should be dependant on a service that may not be available in the future"
Depending on your definition of the future this statement potentially suggests that no magic app should have ever been created. Its a changing world in which we live in.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Hi Greg,

Anyway to get an update with this alert included?

qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
Presidente Prudente/SP - Brasil
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Hi Greg!

Would it be possible to add "Doug Dyment's The DAO Cicle Stack" or "Barry Ray's Stacked Deck" to the app?

Or better yet, add the option of creating our own stack?

Thanks for the great app.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2019, qualysoft wrote:
Hi Greg!

Would it be possible to add "Doug Dyment's The DAO Cicle Stack" or "Barry Ray's Stacked Deck" to the app?

Or better yet, add the option of creating our own stack?

Thanks for the great app.

Hi,
I'm so sorry about the late reply.

Custom stacks are our top feature request for RA and will be added in the next version.

Since we have a SALE for RA at only $4.99 ...
If you take advantage of this sale, you'll be able to get these free updates with a LOT of new features by the end of the year.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I juts picked this up with the new deal and it is a great bit of kit!

I can’t believe it to me this long to pick it up. But at the special $5 price, I couldn’t resist. Now I see why people have been raving about the app for so long.

Huge congrats to a Greg and the entire team! If you don’t have this yet, pick it up. I’m excited to see the updates they have in store, and if you’re familiar with Greg’s work, you should be excited as well.

Madison
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
For $4.99, this is a steal! I paid full price for it and have never been disappointed with the reactions it gets. The spectator uses their phone and inputs the card and number - your phone is out of play in their eyes completely! The app also uses vibrations to signal you, so you aren't having to worry about secretly pulling your phone out to get a peek or anything - to the spectator, it really is invisible.
mikemago
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mikemago
Hi have RA since long time ago. It is amazing. I have a lot of magic tricks from Greg Rostami, some of them are apps, like RA, the other ones like Cosmos 2 and 3. You can expect and amazing quality service and professionalism. RA is very easy to follow and you will get great reactions. The instructions are clear. You don't need any kind of sleight or skill to do it. You just need the app and a deck of cards. You can't go wrong with this.
In my case, every single product of Rostami is a nobrainer I just buy it knowing that I will get a great product!
Crewey
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Crewey
I have a number of Greg's apps and they are all brilliant (especially Inject 2.0), but I must have overlooked this one...until the sale! RA is a great effect and has so far gotten amazing reactions! Keep this good stuff coming Greg, you are turning me into a mind reading legend in my own lunchtime!!! I would definately recommend RA to anybody that does cards or mind reading....and now only $5...result!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I concur it’s brilliant at any price Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RA - Rostami ACAAN - NO Memory, Math or Sleights (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL