The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Luca Volpe THE WHITE ROSE limited edition book (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So this will be my official review of Luca Volpe's new limited edition book, THE WHITE ROSE. I was first introduced to Luca, through some of his work on the IN MY MIND video, and felt that Luca had really good insightful ideas, and effects that I used as well span throughout the years in his various works. As a fellow mentalist myself, I could understand the message that Luca was trying to convey in his work, as well as the overall tone/theme that he was trying to show in his performances.

I believe that from his earlier works all the way up to now, this limited edition book, Luca has evolved and transformed into a better mentalist, due to the fact, that Luca knows how to achieve maximum impact from an audience and create rapport instantly, as well as create a magical entertaining atmosphere that leaves spectators going home feeling good, and wanting more.

The book is laid out on 90 pages, and the foreword is by Jerome Finley. Jerome raves about this book and it shows in his remarks in the foreword.

There is then an introduction by Luca about what you are about to read and learn, and then the book really takes off.

I purchased this from Luca when I first heard that he was going to offer something from his working repertoire, and something that he still uses, and most of all, Q & A. I love Q & A, and have played with one form or another at some point, so this was a no brainer.

Luca describes the effect in full detail on how it looks to the audience, and then he breaks it down piece by piece, step by step, and shows you everything you need from small props you can find at your local stationary store, followed by how you need to setup and prepare for this act.

As I was reading this text and how Luca creates instant rapport, and sets the mood, I began to smile, and most importantly, how Luca starts the act, then the middle section answering questions, followed by the ending which closes full circle which is very powerful and has a lot of meaning.

This is something that can create a reputation for someone, and even if you don't use the act 100%, you can take a choose parts to do yourself, and it will still be great.

I will re-read this book again this week, as the first time I read it, I let everything sink in, and smiled, since the method behind this Q&A is a blend of methods that Luca has at one point or another researched, and has created his own version using many methods.

I believe the mix of these methods is what makes this Q & A special, because for one there is no backtracking to be made, you divine information from your participants, and you end on a high note with the WHITE ROSE ending, which is beautiful.

I can see why Luca says that some people become emotional.

Luca strives on creating emotional mentalism, and this book is no exception.
Luca has a winner here on all levels, and whether or not you choose to incorporate this act into your working parlour/stage set or just bits and pieces.

This is worth its weight in gold, and the price is set just right.

Grab one while you still can, as this will set the bar for other Q & A's to come.

Great book Luca, and something that I will use.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Great review Alex, I have a few of his publications and now you've got me interested in this one.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
Another wonderful "limited" edition!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thanks Alex and George Smile

@Stefamagic
...hope all is well.
I just want to clarify why this is a "limited" edition (as you said...)
This is a full act that comes from my professional repertoire and I still perform it and I still make good $$$ from it, so, as with all this danger of torrent sites etc... I decided to do a limited edition of it to avoid that the book goes in the wrong hands and also like this I can have more control of the sells.
Hope this is clear, and next time before make any joke, will be very appreciated a message from you and I will be happy to answer.
Many thanks and kind regards
Luca Volpe

P.s. And just to be clear,normally with my limited edition releases, I don't get any money untill I don't have the book ready and finished in my hands ready to be shipped Smile
Alex Le Fanu
View Profile
New user
Milan, Italy
36 Posts

Profile of Alex Le Fanu
Proud to have the # 1 / 100 copy of this miracle Smile

Alex
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
324 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
Details on purchase? Price and how to obtain?

Tha nks

Po
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Q- Right brain: "How will you feel to finish off your major performance piece with an awesome finale that gets a great emotional audience reaction?"
A- Left brain: "Why not adjust your budget for a time-tested professional limited edition routine and for which price is not relevant, but the cost of NOT owning it is incalcuable?"

Whole brain - "Where's the Paypal button? I gotta order this L*ca V@lp€ Wh!t€ Ro$e book right now!"
Done...!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Number 29 on its way to me in a couple of weeks or so,....woo-hoooo...!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
And number 30 to me after 7 days of printing and then fedex delivery. I am pretty darn excited for this.
Best wishes,
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thanks guys! You are going to rock with this act! Btw...in few hours I am going to perrform this act tonight in a private party Smile
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Gosh Luca, I wish I could be there to see that performance!
I am very excited to be soon receiving the White Rose act as I happened to pull out my copy of your unique 4 chair test manuscript...I was reminded how much info,including a full script and added bonuses was packed into that relatively brief production (I.e. number of pages), so I anticipate and imagine how thorough and wonderful is your White Rose book!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just received my certificate from Luca. Very excited to read this book! Especially after receiving the beautiful certificate of performing rights. The certificate comes customized with your information. A very nice touch Luca!

Between The White Rose and A Piece of My Mind my wife is going to be lonely for a little while, lol!!!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
What! It's only been two days! This is going to take forever but as Calvin's Dad says (Calvin and Hobbes) that often the anticipation for something far surpasses the actual event. I don't think this is the case with this act but still. If only I had a delorean.
Best wishes,
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Harry...will be worth the wait Smile
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
This is a great Q&A. I love the opening VERY much...... It adds such a great ambiance to the act and creates a feeling that something important is about to take place.

Then there is the ending that wraps the act up in a warm and fuzzy emotional blanket.

Luca, has an amazing ability to create professional routines that can only make us more appealing to our audiences.

Ray
Alex Le Fanu
View Profile
New user
Milan, Italy
36 Posts

Profile of Alex Le Fanu
As I said in "Latest and Greatest?":

When I finished to read "The White Rose" I said: WOW!

Let me say this routine is so Powerful that you can't believe what you will can do with it: You'll literally become a "Creator of Emotions".

You can perform this full Q&A act in any condition and with very simple props.

The key factors of this wonderful act are the contents, the structure and the great emotional finale.

If you're interested in something like: "the ultimate / undetectable / magician-fooler / trick" this is NOT for you.

If you're interested to learn something that will deeply affect the lives of people and you really want to improve your "emotional touch", this is ABSOLUTELY what you were looking for.

Thanks for having shared this little miracle with us, Luca.

Alex
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Think I'm going to have to buy this book soon...looks too good to pass up Smile
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
A full act, a working pro, limited edition.... I am on board Smile

Seriously, this seems like a no-brainer given that this is an act that has been worked over years.

I am looking forward to seeing what Luca offers here but I have no doubt that the book is worth more than the asking price. I am sure one booking doing this act will pay much more than what this book costs.

Thanks Luca for this new offering.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thanks my friend! Soon the book will be in your hands Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2014, Alex Le Fanu wrote:
As I said in "Latest and Greatest?":

When I finished to read "The White Rose" I said: WOW!

Let me say this routine is so Powerful that you can't believe what you will can do with it: You'll literally become a "Creator of Emotions".

You can perform this full Q&A act in any condition and with very simple props.

The key factors of this wonderful act are the contents, the structure and the great emotional finale.

If you're interested in something like: "the ultimate / undetectable / magician-fooler / trick" this is NOT for you.

If you're interested to learn something that will deeply affect the lives of people and you really want to improve your "emotional touch", this is ABSOLUTELY what you were looking for.

Thanks for having shared this little miracle with us, Luca.

Alex

I have to agree with Alex here. I received my book yesterday and did a read-through and here are some of my thoughts so far. The book is well written and easy to understand. Luca leaves nothing out of this book. Everything to accomplish this emotional journey is included and easily obtainable. Of course, the performers presentation will steer the audiences emotional involvement in this journey. That being said- the process of this act is not difficult and every step will make sense and be remembered as logical in the audience's eyes. The steps Luca outlines in the book really lets the performer concentrate on the performance. I also feel the price is perfect for this. I am very happy with this purchase and glad it will be limited!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Luca Volpe THE WHITE ROSE limited edition book (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL