The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Luca Volpe THE WHITE ROSE limited edition book (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Ok, now I am more excited about getting this. I cannot wait! Smile
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Got mine today...only had time for a quick looksee and plan to dig in tomorrow, but totally ditto RNK...beautifully produced and the review above honestly reflects what I see in it zo far. Sooo glad I let my emotional impulse hit the Payp button when I dix...!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Wow thanks guys for your feedback! This is an act that I perform all the time in my private and public shows and ALWAYS get great reaction! So Iam really happy that (few) performers all around the world will have the chance to do it! Actually tonight the act will be performed in France by a fellow mentalist!
:)

Now... just a quick note, but very important.
Sunday I will leave for 10 days for a cruise ship show, so if you want to place your order is better you do today or tomorrow, like this I can immediately send the order to the printer and make the personalized certificate.
If you send the money during the next week, please don't panic if I don't answer as I don't know if I will have the chance to read emails. I will place all the orders to the printer as soon I will be back.
Thanks
Luca
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Quick update! Im back and ready to take orders Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
HI guys, another cruise ship gig is just arrived, so from the 27 to the 2nd of October I will not be able to make certificate, as I don't have my Mac with me, BUT I will still be able to place orders to the printer. The certificates will be sent as soon I will be back.
Thanks again for all your support, the books are going quick and I look forward to hear from al the people that has performed the full act or part of it Smile
Davidzajac
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Davidzajac
One thing that definitely attracted me to luca volpe as a performer when I saw him perform on a YouTube video of a performance was his bright smile and confidence. Ndefinetely if this awesome performer writes something in English we should all want it. Humble opinion.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thank you David! Is very kind of you!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
What is the minimum amount of people required to perform White Rose? IS this strictly a stage act?

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
I've only had one quick read through and I must say I'm very happy with what I've read. I'd say to do this act justice, and to get the full effect out of it, you would need to perform it in a proper theatre setting, or at least a feature show. I'm certainly considering this as part of the 2nd half of my next theatre show in future. For now, there's still some ideas in it that I can definitely work with as part of the more commercial routines I'm doing regularly.

Beautifully produced, a lovely read and a strong routine. Thanks Luca!

~ Nique
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi Nique thanks for the nice comment. I have performed this full act even with small crowd of 30 people, once you will start to use it you will find many ways to perform it!
Just received a winderful review from Gregg Chmara:

I have always felt the weakness in mentalism was the inability of most mentalists to hook the audience into the emotional level of belief that makes them personally believe the powers demonstrated are possible and a lot more than "just tricks." One of my top useful choices for audiences of 100 or more had always been Cassidy's Scorpio Rising -- and its strong close with its astrology material.

Then I discovered what you get when you mix a white rose, a red envelope with a complete Q&A act. You get perfection in directing the audiences attention to the belief that psychic abilities do exist.

Without a doubt mentalists and mental magicians know that the “Answers to Questions” (Q&A) sequence is the strongest of all possible routines. Done properly it guarantees repeat and referral bookings. Q&A brings entry into that select group of entertainers who gain the label of “talented psychic and crowd pleaser.” It can be difficult to perform without a solid blueprint of what to do and how to think.

Many performers are intimidated by the work and on your feet thinking that goes into these sequences. Some have failed at attempts to make Q&A work by working in terms of tricks and not what the audience feels at the conclusion. Pros know better.

Enter Luca Volpe and his “The White Rose.” He is a pro.

Practicing mentalism in Europe and on international cruises for years, he has developed a reputation that is almost indescribable. Luca’s first concern is not whether he is tricking the audience, but rather that the audience is emotionally and respectfully pulled into the spirit of psychic discovery, (even though he knows it is practiced technique, and a few practiced moves and thoughts performed in a very specific sequence.

Luca Volpe has kept much of his work as closely held secrets. His past published materials have been tested and generally sold only to sincere professionals practicing the craft.

“The White Rose,” his latest publication for pro psychic performers, breaks the pattern of only showing one thing, one trick or one move at a time. It is a deluxe printed book reasonably priced for those who make all or part of their living with mentalism. It is not meant for curious amateur magicians and those who only want a “few fast mentalist tricks.”

This work is a whole show in itself, lasting about 30 minutes (or more with suggested additions found in its pages.) But take note, this is work is so hard to top, it is best used as a closer or last part of a longer show. It gives the audience something to remember – not just an applause point for a bow.

A major point made by the book is that this show is a process of creating a palpable emotional journey for the audience. It takes you step by step through the complete process explaining moves, words, staging, and individual pieces as well as the thinking process of how to gain an audience’s emotional trust. All of these, in this order of presentation, have been Luca’s closely guarded developmental secret. This is finally a complete act, explained with room to feel it definitely will be your own as you work the blueprint.

The act is NOT a memorization – but it couldn’t hurt. It is definitely not for a performer looking for an easy quick buck with a “look at me” act. This material creates audience attention and respect through emotional connection. It uses the process of involvement to reduce doubt and replaces it with an emotional tie that does not use false sentimentality. It requires the audience to believe in you, as much as you believe in them.

There are chances for chuckles but this is by no means a comedy act, or should it ever be forced to be such. The White Rose by Luca Volpe has been developed and field-tested, changed, reworked and honed on cruise ships and in small and large venues. It is his current act.

Having experience as a mentalist, reader, serious actor and/or storyteller will help you maximize the affect this 25-30 minute act, or complete second act for a longer show has on an audience.

In these pages you find easy to use audience attention direction moves involving an appropriate pendulum to bring moments of movement. Envelope and glass bowl presentations are covered as well as how to move into the audience and why to go into it at various points in the act.

Only to be released to 100 performers WORLD WIDE, about 1/3 of them were pre-ordered or are already gone. You have to be willing to work and think as a performer who wants (or needs to be) identified as one with noble powers of discernment and empathy.

While the scripts are complete in how you move and deal out the words to maximize each step for the audience to and learn you have exceptionally well tuned and sympathetic psychic powers – the method is not filled with Kreskin style braggadocio. This act, properly performed, can turn an audience or sophisticated skeptic into people puzzled about what strange powers you possess.

So, I have finally found a solution to the audience connection difficulty found in many other routines that only work in big audiences, inevitably leaving part of those audiences emotionally uninvolved and untouched. And, with little modification, this works for small audiences down to 20-25 people.

To me, it is a winner.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I am looking forward in getting it upon your return from Mindvention.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I saved one for you my friend Smile
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2014, lucavolpe wrote:
I saved one for you my friend Smile

Luca,

Thank you very much. I am sure it will be terrific. I look forward to reading it.

Best wishes and have a safe and happy trip.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi guys, just a quick update.
I will leave for Vegas sunday and then I will be lecturing and performing at Mindvention.
I will have with me ONLY 5 "White Rose" so if you want to save your copy and you are there, let me know.
I will be able to check orders but I don't know if will be safe for me to use public wifi to place orders to the printer, so if you send the money don't worry as soon I will be back (the 17th) I will place the order to the printer.
Many thanks
Luca
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Jusy come back from Mindvention and the copies I had with me have been sold out even before my lecture was starting!
The first half of the limited release is sold out, so if anyone want a copy just let me know asap.
Thanks!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Met Luca for the first time at MindVention last week (which was the best and highest attended MV ever!).

Let me say very simply that Luca Volpe is one hell of a performer - funny, Italian all the way, fast paced, with some great hard hitting routines. I have always been an admirer of his work, but having seen him and his stage show in person, I am now an even bigger fan!

Thank you Luca for sharing your great ideas and creativity with all of us.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Honest Deceptions
View Profile
New user
Australia
60 Posts

Profile of Honest Deceptions
If you do Q & A ...don't miss out on this opportunity...this is a gem of a book...and Luca is one of the nicest guys around
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
THANKS GUYS!
Very kind of you! Smile
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
This seems to have fallen off the radar. I am not sure if Luca is sold out on these or not. If he is, then this review will be a testament to Luca's approach to mentalism, performing, and to business. If they are still in stock, and one is interested, then I hope this review will shed some light on this product.

Before I begin, I would like to say that I first corresponded with Luca when I wanted to to buy this book and also I paid full price for this release. This is also my first encounter with Luca's material. I know his other releases are praised but I have no opinion on that whatsoever.

Anyhow, here are my thoughts:

----------

The White Rose is an act. It is not a new trick. It is not a collection of effects. This makes it different from many other releases on the market today. It is a Q&A act in its purest definition: audience members write down questions (Q) and the performer gives answers (A).

My review will be divided into 3 parts: the package, the act, customer service

1- The Package:

The White Rose is a nice hardbound book. It is well produced. The explanations and descriptions are well-written. I did not find any ambiguity and all was explained well.

Along with the book, Luca provides a certificate of authenticity and performing rights. This was a nice touch and it makes this release a lot more personal to the buyer.

2- The Act:

Although good presentation of the release goes a long way in portraying professionalism and care, what really matters is the content of the package. Suffice it to say that Luca leaves no stone unturned in this act. He goes into so much details on both what he does and why he does it. He provides multiple variations on certain aspects of the act to help draw a complete picture and give options to the reader. In fact, personally, I have stumbled upon another 'release' from Luca's description that I somehow missed it. I stopped there and got that. While Luca incorporates it into The White Rose, my head exploded with ideas. It feels like I was going through a treasure chest only to find a small scrap of paper pointing towards yet another treasure.

The act has been clearly worked in the real world. Luca provides a full script for the act. It is a complete script from A to Z. One can memorize it and start doing the act. That is not recommended for sure, but it shows that The White Rose is a complete offering with nothing held back. To my surprise, the opening script was even provided (despite it being something of a niche which may not work for everyone).

Also let me point out that the explanation is not just mechanics and words. Luca discusses staging, blocking, and even show progress.

The effect combines multiple well-known principles that anyone experienced in mentalism will probably be familiar with. The way they are laid out and the way they progress is what makes this a powerful act.

It is clear that Luca stresses the concept of emotional connection. The beauty of this routine is that it can be altered to the performer's style. Now that is more work as Luca offers the details based on his findings and his experimentation. Changing these aspects is extra work for sure.

The 'ending' is something amazing and beautiful. However, it is something that I feel is limited to the context of Q&A. The reason I mention this is because there are performers who prefer to turn Q&A into a mindreading routine (ala, Osterlind's Thought Scan act). The 'ending' would still work in principle but again, work will be required on the performer's end.

But as a Q&A, the ending fits beautifully. In fact, I think it is one of the most elegant endings to Q&A - a routine which usually suffers from the lack of closure. Luca provides closure.

Finally, Luca goes beyond The White Rose act and offers tons of extras that cover a diverse range of topics.

3- Customer Service:

Luca responded promptly to both pre-purchase and post-purchase inquiries. He was very helpful and respectful. I know he has a busy schedule but he is very professional when it comes to customer service.

4- Conclusion:

Simply put, this is a tried and tested Q&A act. It has no language limitations (yes, you will have to translate it from English if you need to), it plays well for 50 or 5000. It has multiple aspects to it that help offer the audience a full experience. You get a full script. You get multiple variations. You get details that do take a lot of time to 'figure out'. Luca has already done that. The act is modular. One can take out pats that do not work for them and/or use pieces that fits them better. Add to that the ending that is icing on cake. Oh, did I mention it packs small? Because it does!

The only hiccup is in adapting the 'experience'. The mechanics are solid and will only require tweaking depending on the performer. The overall experience as presented by Luca is highly emotional, elegant, and artistic. Not everyone doing Q&A wants that. Or maybe someone is interested in the structure of Q&A and not Q&A per se (as mentioned earlier). If one is not into this type of effects/experiences, I would not recommend The White Rose as they will probably end up re-engineering the whole thing (script, staging, and the finer details).

But for me, and to those who are interested in presenting a solid artistic Q&A experience, The White Rose gets my highest recommendations.

Great job Luca and I applaud you for your great work Smile
--------
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Only just learned of this.

Is the book still available ?

Bobby.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Luca Volpe THE WHITE ROSE limited edition book (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL