The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A dorky question: search and seizures! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Watching the state of the union--just was thinking...all those guys in the room must be searched etc... but does anyone search the Prez?

Ellen
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Unfortunately I can't say what I would really like to say on this subject. Politics is a taboo subject here at the Magic Café' for fear of offending someone (and I can be quite offending). But to answer your question, I don't think that the President is searched. If we can't trust the President to be free of weapons or any type of "dangerous" items on his person, then we are in more trouble than we think.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Agreed, as words can be weapons and feelings can run hot, it is probably better to leave the irons in the fire elsewhere.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
Hmmmm, maybe THAT is where the WMD were hidden. Smile

Another Hmmmmmmm. If Ricky Jay were invited as a "Hero", would they let him take his cards???

JM Smile
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
I didn't think it was political since it was just a question about a person and security tactics/not sides..

Thanks anyway for your replies... Smile

Ellen
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Go ahead and say it Iven! Smile

You have friends here.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2004-01-22 09:42, Ellen wrote:
I didn't think it was political since it was just a question about a person and security tactics/not sides..

Thanks anyway for your replies... Smile

Ellen

You are right Ellen. It is just me, Your question is a natural door opener for things that are political and politics can get pretty heated up whether intentional or not. I don't take other peoples political opinions too seriously and I enjoy talking politics, but I can understand that there are those who do take very seriously and personally the views of others. Smile
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
I don't know about your President, but we had a funny situation with our Prime Minister.
She was visiting our good neighbour Australia (we have what could be termed on an international level a "good natured sibling rivalry") and got 'randomly strip searched' as part of Australia's new anti-terrorism laws!
The guards claim that they did not know who she was...

Fortunately she took it well, and there was no 'incident' created
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A dorky question: search and seizures! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL