The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » First Magician to headline in Las Vegas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aldiamo
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of aldiamo
Hello,

Im trying to find some information regarding the first magician that ever performer in Vegas.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Santiago Michel
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Jay Marshall opened up the Desert Inn. Johnny Thompson might know.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
The following quotes are taken from this Website:

http://blog.vegas.com/las-vegas-shows/re......an-5293/

The first magician to perform in Las Vegas was Jack Kodell, who did an act with parakeets called “Fantasy in Birds” in a show at the El Rancho Vegas in 1947, says magician and author Max Maven.
“The second may well have been Jay Marshall, who was part of the third show booked at the Desert Inn after its opening in April 1950,” says Maven. “Jay returned to the D.I. the following year to open for Frank Sinatra during the latter’s first Las Vegas run.”
The third, he says, was Marvyn Roy, also known as Mr. Electric, whose show “Artistry of Light” was at the Last Frontier in 1951.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Thanks. I knew Jay was in there someplace.

Did I miss you totally at the Get together this year? Always such a blur there.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Richard, we said hi to each other briefly at the showroom on Wednesday night, I think.

I'll be at the Houdini Club of Wisconsin Convention this coming weekend, and I'm looking forward to it.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You are right. I guess I was used to seeing you sitting the same seats every year but then again I was kind of busy.

It is rough getting old. The cobwebs get more pronounced.
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » First Magician to headline in Las Vegas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL