The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Book that teaches basic hands stuck together routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
I'm looking for a book that will teach me the basic effect of causing a spectators hands to inexplicably get stick together and they cannot pull them apart no matter how hard they try. I've wanted to add this effect to a simple coin bend routine I do for a while but could never find the means to do it. I was hoping Someone out there would be able to help me out.

P.S if there is a specific name for this hypnosis effect excuse me advance because I'm a complete novice when it comes to hypnosis effects.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
It is not a specific effect. It is a pre-induction tester more than anything. Aside from superglue there is no guaranteed method of getting any spectators hands to stick. You might get half, or a bit more if you are good. If you are very good, even more. But no one will get it every time, guaranteed.

Having said that, check out the work of Anthony Jacquin, and his RIPPED CD. No specific method, but great ideas that make it more likely to happen.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Thanks for the mention.

My book Reality is Plastic does not feature a 'handlock' as it is sometimes known, but a free supplement to it does.

You will find the traditional hands above the heads hand lock in Jon Chase's book Deeper and Deeper. It could be adapted to a coin bend assuming both their hands were together.

In the impromptu section he outlines a single fist lock. Best start there.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Okay awesome thanks a ton for the info and suggestions, I'm not too worried about it not having a 100% sicces rate as I will do this with an audience and assume it will hit for atleast ONE person who I can then bring up on stage and go into a routine with.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
I've got a one-pager I'm willing to share with you.
It's a transcript of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBW_B7OS_2s
Please private message me your email address and I'll let you have it.
Ben Seatreader
View Profile
Regular user
The College of Winterhold
103 Posts

Profile of Ben Seatreader
Besides the works already mentioned, Rory Z. Fulcher covers this in his basic guidebook.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Book that teaches basic hands stuck together routine? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL