The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..23..28..33..38..43..44~45~46 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Most here in the U.S. Who drop out of school don't become murderers, either.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Image


Quote:
Come join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream. If you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun, or if you've wondered if open carry is right for you, then this book is what you need. My Parents Open Carry was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun. We fear our children are being raised with a biased view of the 2nd Amendment. Our goal is to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense. We truly hope you will enjoy this book and read and discuss it with your children. As you read this book, you will learn about the growing practice of open carry, the 2nd Amendment and the right and responsibility of self-defense.

Home School Teachers: This book is an excellent text to use as a starting point on the discussion of the 2nd Amendment.

http://www.amazon.com/Parents-Open-Carry......18081012

The reviews are great ... a selection follows:

Can't wait for the sequel, "My Black Parents Open Carried Until the Police Shot Them 146 Times".

If only the title was "My Two Mom's Open carry" . The Pulitzer would be already decided.

This book is a great way to explain to kids Daddy's other compensation issues and why he drives a big truck too.

Originally titled, "Daddy's *** is Very Small," this rousing and light-hearted look at a white family's irrational yet crippling fear of blacks and latinos is a wonderful primer for children of all ages.

Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Image


Quote:
Come join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream. If you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun, or if you've wondered if open carry is right for you, then this book is what you need. My Parents Open Carry was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun. We fear our children are being raised with a biased view of the 2nd Amendment. Our goal is to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense. We truly hope you will enjoy this book and read and discuss it with your children. As you read this book, you will learn about the growing practice of open carry, the 2nd Amendment and the right and responsibility of self-defense.

Home School Teachers: This book is an excellent text to use as a starting point on the discussion of the 2nd Amendment.


Didn't read the book. But have to ask. Has this family been mugged? If not maybe it is working. Have other families that do not open carry been accosted? I am sure they have. Just like the elephant reject spray the guy sold my neighbor. Since he used it no elephants in our neighborhood. It seems to be working. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2014, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Image


Quote:
Come join 13-year-old Brenna Strong along with her mom, Bea, and her dad, Richard, as they spend a typical Saturday running errands and having fun together. What's not so typical is that Brenna's parents lawfully open carry handguns for self-defense. The Strongs join a growing number of families that are standing up for their 2nd Amendment rights by open carrying and bringing gun ownership out of the closet and into the mainstream. If you want to learn about the open carry of a handgun, or if you've wondered if open carry is right for you, then this book is what you need. My Parents Open Carry was written in the hope of providing a basic overview of the right to keep and bear arms as well as the growing practice of the open carry of a handgun. We fear our children are being raised with a biased view of the 2nd Amendment. Our goal is to provide a wholesome family book that reflects the views of the majority of the American people, i.e., that self-defense is a basic natural right and that firearms provide the most efficient means for that defense. We truly hope you will enjoy this book and read and discuss it with your children. As you read this book, you will learn about the growing practice of open carry, the 2nd Amendment and the right and responsibility of self-defense.

Home School Teachers: This book is an excellent text to use as a starting point on the discussion of the 2nd Amendment.

http://www.amazon.com/Parents-Open-Carry......18081012

The reviews are great ... a selection follows:

Can't wait for the sequel, "My Black Parents Open Carried Until the Police Shot Them 146 Times".

If only the title was "My Two Mom's Open carry" . The Pulitzer would be already decided.

This book is a great way to explain to kids Daddy's other compensation issues and why he drives a big truck too.

Originally titled, "Daddy's *** is Very Small," this rousing and light-hearted look at a white family's irrational yet crippling fear of blacks and latinos is a wonderful primer for children of all ages.

Smile


If they combined a couple of reviews to get something like "...irrational yet crippling fear of being shot by the police," they'd be onto something.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21006 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
There are a fairly large number who drop out who never buy a gun much less use one to kill anyone.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
There are a fairly large number who drop out who never buy a gun much less use one to kill anyone.



Personally, I would rather not carry myself. I feel pretty safe in my neighborhood (thanks in part to the police) and anytime you carry, you are skating on thin ice from a legal perspective (not that it woudl be illegal for me or any law abiding citizen to carry depending on state law in their state), but you are opening the possibility of a whole can of worms from a legal perspective. Even if you ever justifiably end up having to use a firearm to prevent death or great bodily harm with all three elements of opportunity, ability and jeopardy on the part of the perpetrator in play who is threatening death or great bodily harm, you are still on thin ice from a legal perspective.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Who needs an Uzi?

If you feel that the average US citizen should have the right to own such a powerful weapon, plaese explain why.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21006 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
General would you rather have your wife dead or face legal issues?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
General would you rather have your wife dead or face legal issues?


I would face the legal issues.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21006 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Who needs an Uzi?

If you feel that the average US citizen should have the right to own such a powerful weapon, plaese explain why.


Do you live in a state in which it is legal to carry such a weapon?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21006 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2014, General_Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
General would you rather have your wife dead or face legal issues?


I would face the legal issues.


Pretty much sums up how most feel about conceal carry if they are in favor. Not saying it is my feeling or thoughts just explaining.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Maybe the Uzi advocates should borrow a quip from those of their detractors who are in the pro-choice movement: "Don't like Uzis? Don't get one."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21006 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Move to Chicago. No uzi and safe as can be.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Maybe the Uzi advocates should borrow a quip from those of their detractors who are in the pro-choice movement: "Don't like Uzis? Don't get one."



Maybe they should borrow a quip that's at least relevant and applicable. If someone gets an abortion, it has no effect on me. If gay people get married, it has no effect on me.

When the kid next door starts firing an Uzi. it can effect about six hundred people per minute.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2014, acesover wrote:


...Who decides what guns are needed? Oh wait, I know some liberal anti gun guys. I think I see your plan. Smile


Really? Was it "liberal anti-gun guys" who passed the laws that have made it illegal to carry fully automatic machine guns in virtually every single jurisdiction in the country? Or were they simply passed by people who were sane?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Maybe the Uzi advocates should borrow a quip from those of their detractors who are in the pro-choice movement: "Don't like Uzis? Don't get one."



Maybe they should borrow a quip that's at least relevant and applicable. If someone gets an abortion, it has no effect on me. If gay people get married, it has no effect on me.

When the kid next door starts firing an Uzi. it can effect about six hundred people per minute.


Has anyone with an Uzi ever affected you?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
No. But neither has anyone wearing an explosive suicide vest. What's your point? If something doesn't personally threaten me than I shouldn't express an opinion about it?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
That's just a horrible guess. When have I ever tried to dissuade anyone from expressing an opinion? But I would suggest, if you're going to attack the abortion analogy as irrelevant, that whether you think it should be legal or not, it could be reasonably argued that abortion doesn't merely affect the mother.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
176 Posts

Profile of R.S.
And yet another incident where a child (a SEVEN year old!) gets shot at a shooting range under parental "supervision"...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/7-ye......-n193481

A 7 year-old boy remained in a Sacramento, California, hospital Monday, two days after he was injured while target shooting, authorities said Monday. The boy's condition wasn't disclosed.

"The boy, whose identity also wasn't disclosed, was shooting a single-shot .22-caliber bolt-action youth rifle Saturday under his father's supervision at a shooting range on their property in Georgetown, about 40 miles northeast of Sacramento, the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office said in a statement. Another man was also practicing with a larger-caliber rifle. The sheriff's office said that when the boy grabbed his chest and complained of pain, his father took him to the local fire station, where he was flown by helicopter to the Sacramento hospital."


Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21006 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Maybe the Uzi advocates should borrow a quip from those of their detractors who are in the pro-choice movement: "Don't like Uzis? Don't get one."



Maybe they should borrow a quip that's at least relevant and applicable. If someone gets an abortion, it has no effect on me. If gay people get married, it has no effect on me.

When the kid next door starts firing an Uzi. it can effect about six hundred people per minute.


Is it the fact that only one baby dies that makes abortion so palatable?

The fact that one baby dies affects society the same way someone murdered affects you. A man murders a complete stranger to you. What effect does it have on you?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..23..28..33..38..43..44~45~46 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL