The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..33..36..39..42..44~45~46 [Next]
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
187 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Here's what didn't happen under Obama, as was repeatedly predicted by the right-wing talking heads (TV and radio):

1) America is NOT ruled by Sharia law.
2) The American economy DID NOT completely crumble, returning us to some pre-industrialized status.
3) Known Islamic terrorists HAVE NOT been (knowingly and enthusiastically) appointed to positions within our government.
4) African Americans HAVE NOT been granted "immunity" to break laws and/or seek "revenge" against whites as they see fit.
5) We are NOT paying in excess of $5 a gallon for gas.
6) We have NOT outlawed Christianity.
7) We have NOT seen the American car industry completely fold.
8) We have NOT disbanded our military.
9) We have NOT outlawed and confiscated all guns.
10) We have NOT mandated that all CEOs in the country wear tan suits.
11) Euthanasia has NOT been mandated for all people of a certain age.

OK, I was having fun with # 10, but all the others are/were day-today talking points for the right. Fear-mongering is a huge part of their playbook.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:

#4 "Ended the War in Iraq." The promise was (how soon we forget) that that would happen in one year. Right after comprehensive immigration reform.

What a laugh. The GOP has blocked any attempt at immigration reform since day one. Surely you heard about that. Ask the Dreamers what they think.

My prediction is that Obama will end up with a presidential ranking in the 20's.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:

#4 "Ended the War in Iraq." The promise was (how soon we forget) that that would happen in one year. Right after comprehensive immigration reform.

What a laugh. The GOP has blocked any attempt at immigration reform since day one. Surely you heard about that. Ask the Dreamers what they think.

What efforts were made on Day 1? Or Days 1 through 730, when both houses of congress were blue?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Good points R.S. As I recall there were members here predicting the same things. And, in their alternate universe, they probably think all of them happened anyway.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
In the interest of not being totally disagreeable, Bob, let me note that the Seahawks are the best team in the NFL.

mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I concur. I would also add, for the benefit of my friend RNK, that the Steelers suck. Smile
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I concur. I would also add, for the benefit of my friend RNK, that the Steelers suck. Smile

That's a little harsh. I'm pretty sure they're mediocre.

mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

To me those are synonyms.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Must be nice! The Raiders haven't seen mediocre in quite a while.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The president has a compliant media, and he has people who like the "history" of his presidency. But tell me there wasn't vehement opposition to Bush, or my God R squared. Liberals complain about him to this day only stopping long enough to get in a comparison out of desperation to president Obama.

I know everyone is desperate to demonize or to exalt the president but come on lets be realistic about it. When you have to point to things that extreme views of opposition said would happen that didn't and put those forth as some sort of accomplishment that alone shows how thin the resume is.

Bush was worse is the battle cry for 6 years. Opposition? The republicans have been cowed and will be that way for a while. I am not sure even after the disaster that has been the past few years they can field a candidate that will win. They have put forth NO vision for governing. I personally am getting ready for another democratic candidate win. Even if it is Hillary.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Bob posts: My prediction is that Obama will end up with a presidential ranking in the 20's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I agree. With a 100 being the best ranking and 10 being the worse. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Whatever. You're obviously, but not suprisingly, out of synch with the actual rankings. In the last ranking polls he was tied with Lyndon Johnson for 14th out of 44 (in the aggregate score of all polls.) By comparison, GW Bush is at 34.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_......d_States

Quote:
In 2012, Newsweek magazine asked a panel of historians to rank the ten best presidents since 1900. The results showed that historians had ranked Franklin D. Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, Lyndon Johnson, Woodrow Wilson, Harry Truman, John F. Kennedy, Dwight Eisenhower, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama as the best since that year.[20]

A 2013 History News Network poll of 203 American historians, when asked to rate Barack Obama's presidency on an A–F scale, gave him a B- grade. Obama, whom historians graded using 15 separate measures plus an overall grade, was rated most highly in the categories of communication ability, integrity, and crisis management, and most poorly for his relationship with Congress and transparency and accountability.[21]

And Lobo, that middle third you speak of contains the same people that elected the President twice.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
With 3.5 million fewer votes despite being an incumbent and with a greater population in the country. I don't think his stock's on the rise.

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
A nine year old little girl will need an Uzi soon to get food from the food banks.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
...Liberals complain about him (Bush) to this day only stopping long enough to get in a comparison out of desperation to president Obama. ...

2 posts later

Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
... In the last ranking polls he (Obama) was tied with Lyndon Johnson for 14th out of 44 (in the aggregate score of all polls.) By comparison, GW Bush is at 34. ...

Danny, you may just be a mind reader!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To be fair I would love tip claim credit but I technically meant they compared him tip Reagan.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Grading Obama with Presidents that have been dead for 80 years is idiotic. The true measure of his legacy will be felt long after he is gone. We don't know what that is yet. If he leaves us with the kind of world unrest we see today, then he is in Carter territory. Truman's ideas about Communism only looked good long after the fact that containment was a good strategy. Teddy's far ranging ideas for National Parks didn't become the benefit to the public till we began to travel on Eisenhower's roads. Roads that were designed for military purposes first. All those mentioned did some good stuff in office, but many left with low ratings. To rank Obama today is a useless exercise.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
...Liberals complain about him (Bush) to this day only stopping long enough to get in a comparison out of desperation to president Obama. ...

2 posts later

Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
... In the last ranking polls he (Obama) was tied with Lyndon Johnson for 14th out of 44 (in the aggregate score of all polls.) By comparison, GW Bush is at 34. ...

Danny, you may just be a mind reader!

I can't help it if you don't now how to read charts.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Hermit-

I agree that his actual historical rating will change over time. Note that even though his aggregate rating is presently 14th, I predicted earlier that he would end up somewhere in the 20s.

But "Carter territory" isn't exactly what the right wing would have you believe. If you look at the aggregate polls of historians, etc. that I linked to above, you'll note that Carter is actually rated as 27th out of 44.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..33..36..39..42..44~45~46 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL