The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..34..37..40..43..44~45~46 [Next]
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
I lived through Carter. He was a stumbling clusterf@@k without a vision that could be articulated. Rankings will always change over time. To say that Carter was better than George W. is a little hard to swallow. Depends on ranking criteria. A President should inspire and lead with a vision - what all good CEOs do. Reagan had that and was an incredible counterpoint to Carter in that regard. Obama does not have an articulate vision or one he doesn't want to articulate. Teddy had one, Franklin had one. Some driven by necessity, some by ideas of making things better. Like they say 'Some people become president to be somebody, some become president to do something'. Obama seems to be in the 'be somebody' club. If we look at standard of living and how people feel about our country presently, then Obama is losing. The US is the strongest country in the world militarily and will remain that way for a long time. We control the air and sea. We are not behind in the things that count. Everyone else in the world knows that. Obama and almost no President will change that. However, how the country feels about itself and where we are going does reside at the President's door. According to all the polls, he's losing on that too.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Hermit-

I agree that his actual historical rating will change over time. Note that even though his aggregate rating is presently 14th, I predicted earlier that he would end up somewhere in the 20s.

But "Carter territory" isn't exactly what the right wing would have you believe. If you look at the aggregate polls of historians, etc. that I linked to above, you'll note that Carter is actually rated as 27th out of 44.







"Carter territory" isn't exactly what you'd have us believe either, Bob. Certainly not "one of our better presidents," and 27th out of 44 is well below average.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Whatever. You're obviously, but not suprisingly, out of synch with the actual rankings. In the last ranking polls he was tied with Lyndon Johnson for 14th out of 44 (in the aggregate score of all polls.) By comparison, GW Bush is at 34.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_......d_States

Quote:
In 2012, Newsweek magazine asked a panel of historians to rank the ten best presidents since 1900. The results showed that historians had ranked Franklin D. Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, Lyndon Johnson, Woodrow Wilson, Harry Truman, John F. Kennedy, Dwight Eisenhower, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama as the best since that year.[20]

A 2013 History News Network poll of 203 American historians, when asked to rate Barack Obama's presidency on an A–F scale, gave him a B- grade. Obama, whom historians graded using 15 separate measures plus an overall grade, was rated most highly in the categories of communication ability, integrity, and crisis management, and most poorly for his relationship with Congress and transparency and accountability.[21]


And Lobo, that middle third you speak of contains the same people that elected the President twice.


I am perfectly in sync. But if you cannot take a little ball busting then you have issues, and a "superiority complex".

I would like to add. However this is just my opinion. No presided should be ranked while in office. That is ridiculous.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, The Hermit wrote:
I lived through Carter. He was a stumbling clusterf@@k without a vision that could be articulated. Rankings will always change over time. To say that Carter was better than George W. is a little hard to swallow. Depends on ranking criteria. A President should inspire and lead with a vision - what all good CEOs do. Reagan had that and was an incredible counterpoint to Carter in that regard. Obama does not have an articulate vision or one he doesn't want to articulate. Teddy had one, Franklin had one. Some driven by necessity, some by ideas of making things better. Like they say 'Some people become president to be somebody, some become president to do something'. Obama seems to be in the 'be somebody' club. If we look at standard of living and how people feel about our country presently, then Obama is losing. The US is the strongest country in the world militarily and will remain that way for a long time. We control the air and sea. We are not behind in the things that count. Everyone else in the world knows that. Obama and almost no President will change that. However, how the country feels about itself and where we are going does reside at the President's door. According to all the polls, he's losing on that too.


At least Carter never fabricated evidence to invade an independent nation.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
IF that is a reference to GW and WMD, then you need to prove that HE fabricated it. Or, could it be that intelligence got it wrong. Which happens often (Bengahzi). GW was not great President. But remember all those who opposed the war when they needed to, voted for it (Kerry, Hillary). Obama likes to say he opposed it, but he was not a Senator and did not have the ability to vote against it. We'll never really know what he would have done at the time (people wanted a response) when voting for was a better option. To make a statement that Carter never fabricated evidence is a knee jerk opinion, not a fact.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, acesover wrote:

I am perfectly in sync. But if you cannot take a little ball busting then you have issues, and a "superiority complex".


Says the guy who regularly preaches to us all.

But when it comes to you, no complex is required.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Maybe you just have a complex superiority. Which is better than a superiority complex. More nuanced.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I agree that would be more accurate. Smile
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, acesover wrote:

I am perfectly in sync. But if you cannot take a little ball busting then you have issues, and a "superiority complex".


Says the guy who regularly preaches to us all.

But when it comes to you, no complex is required.


I feel I never preach. Maybe My interputaation of preaching is wrong. however I feel that preaching is trying to convert someone to your way of thinking. My posts are nothing more than my opinions and we all know about opinions.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Relax- You throw barbs at me and I throw back. We both seem to enjoy it.

So stop preaching to me.Smile
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
So, it's agreed we're not going to talk about the original subject anymore.

Moderators, can I get a padlock on this thing?

Thx.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Relax- You throw barbs at me and I throw back. We both seem to enjoy it.

So stop preaching to me.Smile


Ha, ha. Smile I know I enjoy it. Honest we have gone at it hot and heavy...sometimes to much. But believe it or not I respect you and I really like you.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Psst... I heard he likes you too... Smile Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Relax- You throw barbs at me and I throw back. We both seem to enjoy it.

So stop preaching to me.Smile


Ha, ha. Smile I know I enjoy it. Honest we have gone at it hot and heavy...sometimes to much. But believe it or not I respect you and I really like you.


Likewise. Now go get your shine box. Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5129 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hard not to avoid Godwin with statements like this:

Quote:
A President should inspire and lead with a vision - what all good CEOs do.


To have a hellish vision is not necessarily a good thing.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Even mentioning Godwin inkoves Godwin.

Thread done.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6097 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, The Hermit wrote:
I lived through Carter. He was a stumbling clusterf@@k without a vision that could be articulated. Rankings will always change over time. To say that Carter was better than George W. is a little hard to swallow. Depends on ranking criteria. A President should inspire and lead with a vision - what all good CEOs do. Reagan had that and was an incredible counterpoint to Carter in that regard. Obama does not have an articulate vision or one he doesn't want to articulate. Teddy had one, Franklin had one. Some driven by necessity, some by ideas of making things better. Like they say 'Some people become president to be somebody, some become president to do something'. Obama seems to be in the 'be somebody' club. If we look at standard of living and how people feel about our country presently, then Obama is losing. The US is the strongest country in the world militarily and will remain that way for a long time. We control the air and sea. We are not behind in the things that count. Everyone else in the world knows that. Obama and almost no President will change that. However, how the country feels about itself and where we are going does reside at the President's door. According to all the polls, he's losing on that too.


At least Carter never fabricated evidence to invade an independent nation.


True. As Carter really did much of nothing but cause double digit interest raise.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6097 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, The Hermit wrote:
I lived through Carter. He was a stumbling clusterf@@k without a vision that could be articulated. Rankings will always change over time. To say that Carter was better than George W. is a little hard to swallow. Depends on ranking criteria. A President should inspire and lead with a vision - what all good CEOs do. Reagan had that and was an incredible counterpoint to Carter in that regard. Obama does not have an articulate vision or one he doesn't want to articulate. Teddy had one, Franklin had one. Some driven by necessity, some by ideas of making things better. Like they say 'Some people become president to be somebody, some become president to do something'. Obama seems to be in the 'be somebody' club. If we look at standard of living and how people feel about our country presently, then Obama is losing. The US is the strongest country in the world militarily and will remain that way for a long time. We control the air and sea. We are not behind in the things that count. Everyone else in the world knows that. Obama and almost no President will change that. However, how the country feels about itself and where we are going does reside at the President's door. According to all the polls, he's losing on that too.


At least Carter never fabricated evidence to invade an independent nation.


True. As Carter really did much of nothing but cause double digit interest raise. And now sympathize with Hamas.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
You really need to review your history. Ever hear of the Camp David Accords?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2014, RNK wrote:
Carter really did much of nothing but cause double digit interest raise. And now sympathize with Hamas.


Image


Which part of this graph did Carter "cause"?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..34..37..40..43..44~45~46 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL