The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..31~32~33~34~35..44~45~46 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Lots of assuming in that last post.

Why is it every time someone has a differing viewpoint from yours it is a "knee jerk right wing response"? Nobody who disagrees with you ever has thought out anything I guess.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, acesover wrote:

DO THE MATH.

I just did it for you. The result? 4,486 US military men and women killed in an unnecessary war based on false premises and misinformation.

You're welcome.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, acesover wrote:

DO THE MATH.

I just did it for you. The result? 4,486 US military men and women killed in an unnecessary war based on false premises and misinformation.

You're welcome.

Let us not forget the 129,000-144,000 civilian casualties, according to best recent estimates.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Yes- that's the biggest part of the math, but numbers like that are difficult for me to fathom. All for nothing.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Misinformation shared by not only our intelligence community but every other agency on the planet along with the f democratic party when it was convenient.

Wrong move? Absolutely. But lets not go with media hysteria and hatred of the opposition party ok?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

Misinformation shared by not only our intelligence community but every other agency on the planet

Actually, most intelligence agencies on the planet did not accept / believe the misinformation. That is why the coalition that went into Iraq consisted of only a handful of nations (UK, Australia, Poland). Most intelligence agencies around the world realized the information (misinformation) presented was trumped up.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, balducci wrote:
Quote:

Misinformation shared by not only our intelligence community but every other agency on the planet

Actually, most intelligence agencies on the planet did not accept / believe the misinformation. That is why the coalition that went into Iraq consisted of only a handful of nations (UK, Australia, Poland). Most intelligence agencies around the world realized the information (misinformation) presented was trumped up.

Arguably, Australia's compliance was a way to appease local outrage over the (unrelated) Bali bombing of 2002. PM Howard justified participation in terms of the ANZUS treaty; his opponents have argued that Article 1 of ANZUS stipulates the use of diplomatic means first, before militarization is considered.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2014, tomsk192 wrote:
Well, the plan is to fly to NYC. Then to Baltimore to see friends. Then fly to New Mexico, do a a bit of a drive through to Arizona. Then chip on to San Francisco to see another friend. Then the Rockies, then home.

You have beautiful country.

What part of the Rockies?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The part with no stones just to be safe.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

Can we be done with the spin now? Oh wait let me guess Al Gore had bad evidence right? So did the Clintons?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I believe you about the Democratic politicians, I never said otherwise, it was your statement about "every other agency on the planet" some of us were taking issue with.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

That's how I read it, Balducci. Most international intelligence agencies didn't believe it at all. And, according to the testimony at the Congressional hearings, many of our own intelligence agencies didn't really believe it either.

But, yes, when the Bush administration presented its "evidence" to Congress, many Democrats believed it, thinking that the administration was being truthful. Even Colin Powell has since stated that he had serious reservations about the so-called evidence he presented at the UN on behalf of the administration.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Many believed it were quite highly placed. High enough to know for themselves. And yea most agencies agreed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I find it hard to believe that anyone believed it.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Millions upon millions knew it was a lie. The largest one-day protest ever was held around the globe in many cities simultaneously trying to stop the invasion.
So when do we see the liars and murderers held accountable?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think some believed, when they said “Weapons of Mass Destruction” at least 7 times and that the Queen of Madison Avenue was hired to direct the campaign, that then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars and that this is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, balducci wrote:
Quote:

Which intelligence agencies "realized the information (misinformation) was trumped up" at the time? There were countries who believed at the time that there were WMD and/or that Iraq was pursuing and close to achieving nuclear weapons but still chose not to participate in the military action, and there were countries that were agnostic on the existence of WMD.

As Hans Blix said in 2003, "of great significance, is that many proscribed weapons and items are not accounted for. To take an example, a document which Iraq provided suggested to us that some 1,000 tons of chemical agent were unaccounted for. One must not jump to the conclusion that they exist; however, that possibility is also not excluded."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The ones with intelligence.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, landmark wrote:
Millions upon millions knew it was a lie. The largest one-day protest ever was held around the globe in many cities simultaneously trying to stop the invasion.
So when do we see the liars and murderers held accountable?

Nobody has been proven a liar and at least a few of the murderers in Iraq have been held accountable.

How many of those protesting just protest any war? How many had actionable information? You think protests are an indication of anything?

Our current president is finding out the difference in running the plays and criticizing on Monday morning. Why is it only he is entitled to the grace of the job being difficult?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
That's how I read it, Balducci. Most international intelligence agencies didn't believe it at all. And, according to the testimony at the Congressional hearings, many of our own intelligence agencies didn't really believe it either.

But, yes, when the Bush administration presented its "evidence" to Congress, many Democrats believed it, thinking that the administration was being truthful. Even Colin Powell has since stated that he had serious reservations about the so-called evidence he presented at the UN on behalf of the administration.

The problem with this interpretation is that many high ranking Democrats believed that Hussein had WMD and/or was on the way to obtaining them before there was a "Bush administration."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..31~32~33~34~35..44~45~46 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL