The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36..44~45~46 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21009 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well exactly. It is not as if they suddenly as soon as a republican was elected changed their minds and then they were lied to so convincingly that they voted for the war. Sure would be convenient to believe that though if you just want to bash the other side.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5154 Posts

Profile of landmark
The "other side" is neither the party of Hilary Clinton or George W. Bush. I await them being held accountable for their crimes, but I'm not holding my breath.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5154 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
You think protests are an indication of anything?

Absolutely. Read your history.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16362 Posts

Profile of tommy
Over there they had the right and over here we had the left and together hand in hand they led the charge of the war crimes, then magically transformed it into righteousness, with the wave of a Hollywood wand.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6426 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Yes- that's the biggest part of the math, but numbers like that are difficult for me to fathom. All for nothing.


All for nothing now since the current administration pulled out and let ISIS take over what we accomplished.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6426 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:

The fact that the military industrial complex has taken a leading role in this country and has helped keep us in a perpetual state of war has only damaged our nation.
When people feel that the most important thing for us as a nation to be is a military juggernaught, then many important things go by the wayside. Education, Infrastucture, Health care...

Think Rome.



I guess you can overlook the fact that being a military juggernaught has kept the US safe and the fight off US soil. I guess that's not a big fact for you.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21009 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, landmark wrote:
Quote:
You think protests are an indication of anything?

Absolutely. Read your history.

Only in your mind. Try reading history add it is and not how you would like it to be. While you are st it try that with my posts.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, landmark wrote:
Quote:
You think protests are an indication of anything?

Absolutely. Read your history.

Only in your mind. Try reading history add it is and not how you would like it to be. While you are st it try that with my posts.


You figure that the Gandhi-led protests did not indicate anything? Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "indicate". to me, Gandhi's protests clearly indicated that large numbers of Indian people wanted greater autonomy. The British response at the Amritsar Massacre indicated that the people were justified in wanting change. What do you mean "indicate" in this context?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:

The fact that the military industrial complex has taken a leading role in this country and has helped keep us in a perpetual state of war has only damaged our nation.
When people feel that the most important thing for us as a nation to be is a military juggernaught, then many important things go by the wayside. Education, Infrastucture, Health care...

Think Rome.



I guess you can overlook the fact that being a military juggernaught has kept the US safe and the fight off US soil. I guess that's not a big fact for you.


That result is more dependent on geography.

Countries who haven't been invaded in almost a century:

Argentina
Bolivia
Canada
Chile
England
Mexico


The list goes on...

Miltary Juggernaughts?

or not?

Minor border incursions don't count, or else we would have to count what's going on at the US mexico border right now. Thus negating your premise that the homeland is a safe zone.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:

The fact that the military industrial complex has taken a leading role in this country and has helped keep us in a perpetual state of war has only damaged our nation.
When people feel that the most important thing for us as a nation to be is a military juggernaught, then many important things go by the wayside. Education, Infrastucture, Health care...

Think Rome.



I guess you can overlook the fact that being a military juggernaught has kept the US safe and the fight off US soil. I guess that's not a big fact for you.


That result is more dependent on geography.

Countries who haven't been invaded in almost a century:

Argentina
Bolivia
Canada
Chile
England
Mexico


The list goes on...

Miltary Juggernaughts?

or not?

Minor border incursions don't count, or else we would have to count what's going on at the US mexico border right now. Thus negating your premise that the homeland is a safe zone.


Any guesses as to which country was the most recent to invade Mexico and Canada?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes- The United States invaded Canada during the American Revolution. And, of course, we also invaded Mexico during the Mexican war.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
But they deserved it!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Maybe- but when we got there the Canadians were so polite we just said, "Sorry about that," and left. Smile
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Sorry about that whole White House fire thing. We should have been more careful.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Well, even though you were British subjects at the time, we never really blamed the Canadians for that.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
What do the last 5 or more pages have to do with Guns don't kill people... Smile

I mean it is the topic of this thread.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, acesover wrote:
What do the last 5 or more pages have to do with Guns don't kill people... Smile



Umm...

They are posted in a thread titled "Guns don't kill people..."

What do I win?
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5731 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Guns don't kill people...

Bullets do. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21009 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
But it is the guns that make them go REALLY fast.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, acesover wrote:
What do the last 5 or more pages have to do with Guns don't kill people... Smile

I mean it is the topic of this thread.


Staying on topic is something that you haven't been concerned with in the past. Why now? (Didn't you manage to get abortion into the thread?)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..32~33~34~35~36..44~45~46 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL