The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..38~39~40~41~42..44~45~46 [Next]
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Sort of the point. Your crazy straw man rant when nobody said anyone needed an uzi. But continue with your sixth grade logic trick. You seem more angry that nobody will be manipulated by your silly yes.no game.


MORE nothing...

What logic trick? I asked questions, neither you or anyone else gave any answers. Typical.

YOU seem angry that someone asked you direct questions that you can't answer, and so you attack me.

Can you answer the questions or not? A ten year old could answer them. Surely someone so passionate, so sure of their position should be able to.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Sort of the point. Your crazy straw man rant when nobody said anyone needed an uzi. But continue with your sixth grade logic trick. You seem more angry that nobody will be manipulated by your silly yes.no game.


MORE nothing...

What logic trick? I asked questions, neither you or anyone else gave any answers. Typical.

YOU seem angry that someone asked you direct questions that you can't answer, and so you attack me.

Can you answer the questions or not? A ten year old could answer them. Surely someone so passionate, so sure of their position should be able to.


Your, "MORE nothing" is becoming tiring and childish. We have given answers, you just don't like them. Maybe your computer is broke and you can't read the responses to your questions. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16347 Posts

Profile of tommy
Having an Uzi wouldn't have saved the instructor in my opinion.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Sort of the point. Your crazy straw man rant when nobody said anyone needed an uzi. But continue with your sixth grade logic trick. You seem more angry that nobody will be manipulated by your silly yes.no game.


MORE nothing...

What logic trick? I asked questions, neither you or anyone else gave any answers. Typical.

YOU seem angry that someone asked you direct questions that you can't answer, and so you attack me.

Can you answer the questions or not? A ten year old could answer them. Surely someone so passionate, so sure of their position should be able to.


Your, "MORE nothing" is becoming tiring and childish. We have given answers, you just don't like them. Maybe your computer is broke and you can't read the responses to your questions. Smile


My "more nothing" is becoming annoying to you because it's true.

You say you, and supposedly others, have given direct answers. Please quote them.

Btw, "people need Uzis because they are fun to shoot", and, "because I want to" are not answers, except maybe in some deranged mind. Who in their right mind thinks it's fun to activate a machine who's sole purpose is to kill other humans?

What are you afraid of Aces? If your case is so strong you should be able to state it clearly, without resorting to your usual tactic of obfuscation. THAT is what's REALLY tiring and childish.

As to the name calling don't tell me that a few harsh CAPITALIZED words can hurt the feelings of tough, gun toting men like you.

For the last time -

1. Why does any US citizen need an Uzi?
2. What threat are you anticipating that might require such a weapon?
3. Why should virtually anyone be able to buy such a weapon, or ANY gun, without rigorous background/psychological checks, or any waiting period?

Simple questions, no name calling.

Answers?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20993 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Now a person who wants to shoot an uzi at a range has a deranged mind?

Not everyone who buys one is thinking of a threat assessment. They are actually in truth a poor choice for such a thing.

I NEVER SAID ANYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY A FIREARM WITHOUT A BACKGROUND CHECK OR PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION. There I used caps so maybe you can read it. More straw men by you.

Also "need" is relative. YOU DO NOT GET TO DECIDE THAT FOR THE WORLD JUST BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD.

There more caps feel better?

So show me where people here came out against background checks. Show me where someone said they wanted that. If they did that is definitely wrong.

There all your silly questions answered. Directly by me. Want to call more names or discuss like an adult and not a child nobody is paying attention to? Again it is indeed you who is becoming tiring.

YOU don't like an uzi. Got it. I don't like a Volkswagen. So what?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, tommy wrote:
Having an Uzi wouldn't have saved the instructor in my opinion.



You are absolutely correct. The only thing that would have saved the instructor was basic safety handling of a firearm. Something this instructor obviously did not have. If he had the knowledge he certainly did not use it.

Not going to beat a dead horse. But negligence in handling firearms produces Disastrous results. The weapon was pointed in a direction that it should not have been pointed when it discharged. While that may sound simplistic because it is. The weapon came into this position and was discharged through negligence of the instructor. The reasons are obvious. The individual had no idea what was going to happen when she fired a full auto weapon and was not prepared by her instructor. Unprepared = Disastrous results. The equation comes from lack or preparedness and lack of training. But mostly common sense which was not practiced by the instructor. Gun handling 101. If practiced it is perfectly safe. The age of the parties involved is not relevant if the proper handling is practiced. If the shooter was 35 and did not know how to handle such a weapon one could expect the same result.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Sort of the point. Your crazy straw man rant when nobody said anyone needed an uzi. But continue with your sixth grade logic trick. You seem more angry that nobody will be manipulated by your silly yes.no game.


MORE nothing...

What logic trick? I asked questions, neither you or anyone else gave any answers. Typical.

YOU seem angry that someone asked you direct questions that you can't answer, and so you attack me.

Can you answer the questions or not? A ten year old could answer them. Surely someone so passionate, so sure of their position should be able to.


Your, "MORE nothing" is becoming tiring and childish. We have given answers, you just don't like them. Maybe your computer is broke and you can't read the responses to your questions. Smile


My "more nothing" is becoming annoying to you because it's true.

You say you, and supposedly others, have given direct answers. Please quote them.

Btw, "people need Uzis because they are fun to shoot", and, "because I want to" are not answers, except maybe in some deranged mind. Who in their right mind thinks it's fun to activate a machine who's sole purpose is to kill other humans?

What are you afraid of Aces? If your case is so strong you should be able to state it clearly, without resorting to your usual tactic of obfuscation. THAT is what's REALLY tiring and childish.

As to the name calling don't tell me that a few harsh CAPITALIZED words can hurt the feelings of tough, gun toting men like you.

For the last time -

1. Why does any US citizen need an Uzi?
2. What threat are you anticipating that might require such a weapon?
3. Why should virtually anyone be able to buy such a weapon, or ANY gun, without rigorous background/psychological checks, or any waiting period?

Simple questions, no name calling.

Answers?


No not for the last time. It should have been the last time several posts ago. However you just don't want to hear an answer that does not suit you.

I cannot engage in a discussion with someone who makes a comment like this. "Btw, "people need Uzis because they are fun to shoot", and, "because I want to" are not answers, except maybe in some deranged mind. Who in their right mind thinks it's fun to activate a machine who's sole purpose is to kill other humans?"

Again you create what you want as evidenced by the above. Have you ever fired a weapon for enjoyment? Have you ever shot in formal competition or against friends to see how well you do? I Tried to explain to you the why. However you will not except the fact that some people enjoy the shooting sports whether it be hunting or target competition using different firearms. Whether you want to believe it or not, everyone who owns a firearm is not deranged as you put it. If that were the case with all the firearms in the United States no one would be left alive except for the last man standing.

Now go do whatever it is you do for enjoyment. I am going target shooting with my two grandsons.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Now a person who wants to shoot an uzi at a range has a deranged mind?

Not everyone who buys one is thinking of a threat assessment. They are actually in truth a poor choice for such a thing.

Why DO they buy them then? What are YOU thinking if/when you shoot one? Aces already said it's because he thinks it's fun to fire what is, by any sane persons definition, a killing machine. Sounds deranged to me.

I NEVER SAID ANYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY A FIREARM WITHOUT A BACKGROUND CHECK OR PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION. There I used caps so maybe you can read it. More straw men by you.

I never said you did. What should be the requirements be, if any? An immediate threat by such a large number of individuals that they can show the need to own a killing machine?


Also "need" is relative. YOU DO NOT GET TO DECIDE THAT FOR THE WORLD JUST BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD.

Neither do you Danny, neither do you. Please spare me the second amendment nonsense. To cite something that was written long before even the possibility of such weapons could be imagined, as reason for allowing them today is beyond dishonest imo. What do you think a rational need for such weapons, in the hands of average citizens, is Danny? What threat are you anticipating?

There more caps feel better?

So show me where people here came out against background checks. Show me where someone said they wanted that. If they did that is definitely wrong.

No one did. They simply went of on other distracting tangents without answering the questions.

There all your silly questions answered. Directly by me. Want to call more names or discuss like an adult and not a child nobody is paying attention to? Again it is indeed you who is becoming tiring.

You didn't answer the questions Danny. You simply said that no one said the things I implied with my questions. Not the same thing.

Try it like this -
1. Why does any US citizen need an Uzi? Because.....
2. What threat are you anticipating that might require such a weapon? The threat of.....

As for number 3, what requirements, if any, do you think people should meet when they attempt to buy an automatic weapon?


YOU don't like an uzi. Got it. I don't like a Volkswagen. So what?

Will you please stop with the ridiculous analogies and stay on point. Guns and cars are not the same thing.


There, only two small words capitalized for emphasis with no name calling. Do you feel better now?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
If you have nothing to say in answer to the questions, wouldn't it make more sense to actually say nothing, i.e. to actually be silent?


You'd think so, but then you run into this sort of thing:

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
So after all this bulls#it NO ONE has had the COURAGE to answer these simple questions -

...

All we've gotten is fools who can't support their own arguments, without going off onto tangents, which have nothing to do with the subject.

If all of you " Everyone should be allowed to be allowed to carry whatever weapon they can afford to buy because this is MURICA." can not answer these SIMPLE questions with DIRECT ANSWERS, then they should STFU.

Aces you've already failed so you can, for once, be silent.

Sorry for the profanity, but I'm tired of seeing threads sent off on wild, stupid paths to hide the fact that they HAVE NO ANSWERS.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
NYCTwister said:
Guns and cars are not the same thing.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Does that mean I have to stop trying to drive my UZI and stop trying to shoot bullets with my car? Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
If the police officer in Ferguson doesn't get sent to prison, some store owners there might need Uzis.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
NYCTwister said:
Guns and cars are not the same thing.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Does that mean I have to stop trying to drive my UZI and stop trying to shoot bullets with my car? Smile


Your attempts at humor only expose the fact that you talk and talk but, unbelievably, manage to say nothing.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
If you have nothing to say in answer to the questions, wouldn't it make more sense to actually say nothing, i.e. to actually be silent?


You'd think so, but then you run into this sort of thing:

Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
So after all this bulls#it NO ONE has had the COURAGE to answer these simple questions -

...

All we've gotten is fools who can't support their own arguments, without going off onto tangents, which have nothing to do with the subject.

If all of you " Everyone should be allowed to be allowed to carry whatever weapon they can afford to buy because this is MURICA." can not answer these SIMPLE questions with DIRECT ANSWERS, then they should STFU.

Aces you've already failed so you can, for once, be silent.

Sorry for the profanity, but I'm tired of seeing threads sent off on wild, stupid paths to hide the fact that they HAVE NO ANSWERS.


Excuse me Lobo, but what are you talking about?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
NYCTwister said:
Guns and cars are not the same thing.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Does that mean I have to stop trying to drive my UZI and stop trying to shoot bullets with my car? Smile


Your attempts at humor only expose the fact that you talk and talk but, unbelievably, manage to say nothing.


Can't you just answer the question? Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If the police officer in Ferguson doesn't get sent to prison, some store owners there might need Uzis.


To do what? Cut down the hordes of looters that will descend upon them?

Do three wrongs suddenly make a right?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
A lot of people remained silent after the first question and you seemed to blow a gasket, so in retrospect, remaining silent might not make more sense.

But let's pretend we all agree that nobody needs an Uzi, and there should be some requirements on gun purchases, such as background checks. At seems like a good thing to pretend, since nobody has actually asserted the opposite. So we're all on board there. We can be happy in our agreement, or, as I suspect, you can try to make the case that since nobody needs an Uzi, nobody should be allowed to have an Uzi. This is where it gets interesting and where, I suspect, you'll get that disagreement you've been anticipating.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
NYCTwister said:
Guns and cars are not the same thing.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Does that mean I have to stop trying to drive my UZI and stop trying to shoot bullets with my car? Smile


Your attempts at humor only expose the fact that you talk and talk but, unbelievably, manage to say nothing.


Can't you just answer the question? Smile


Really? You're still talking? LMFAO.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If the police officer in Ferguson doesn't get sent to prison, some store owners there might need Uzis.


To do what? Cut down the hordes of looters that will descend upon them?

Do three wrongs suddenly make a right?


Looters or killers.

I was thinking more in terms of saving one's life and livelihood and less in terms of moral philosophy, but anyone who wants to take the moral high ground is, of course, welcome to do so. What's the opening betting line for Damien "Football" Williams vs. Gandhi?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
A lot of people remained silent after the first question and you seemed to blow a gasket, so in retrospect, remaining silent might not make more sense.

But let's pretend we all agree that nobody needs an Uzi, and there should be some requirements on gun purchases, such as background checks. At seems like a good thing to pretend, since nobody has actually asserted the opposite. So we're all on board there. We can be happy in our agreement, or, as I suspect, you can try to make the case that since nobody needs an Uzi, nobody should be allowed to have an Uzi. This is where it gets interesting and where, I suspect, you'll get that disagreement you've been anticipating.


You could have just said that.
Ok lets take it there, no average US citizen should have an Uzi.

Now you, or anyone else, tell me why they should.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
What do you mean by average citizen? Like not military, law enforcement, security...that sort of thing?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..38~39~40~41~42..44~45~46 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL