The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..39~40~41~42~43~44~45~46 [Next]
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
What do you mean by average citizen? Like not military, law enforcement, security...that sort of thing?


Yes, that sort of thing, though law enforcement and security are gray areas that would need to be clearly defined.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21014 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You lost me at second amendment nonsense.

Clearly then all 10 amendments in the bill of rights are equally invalid right? Or is your outrage specific to the second?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Do you see the difference in these two statements?

I need one.

I want one.

Carry it further.

I need food.

I want steak an lobster.

Now let us suppose you only eat vegetables. You can of course say. You don't need steak and lobster. Eat vegetables. But I want steak and lobster. I don't really care what you want me to eat it is my choice. Your wants are not my problem. Of course you can say again food and guns are different. You can argue that one needs food. But then you also state that cars and guns are different. So nothing in your opinion compares with guns, is that about right? Because only deranged people want guns and all other people whoe want fast cars or motorcycles are ok just gun people are deranged. Take a step back and look again. No one here is deranged. They just want different things. In fact I am sure some who want that corvette also want an uzi and like steak and lobster also. Does that make them deranged? Who are you to tell anyone what they can have or not have? What gives you the authority to dictate to others what they can own?

You have a better chance drowning in a 10 foot swimming pool than a 4 foot pool so no one should have a 10 foot deep pool. But many people want them. Of course pools are different than guns. We all get that. Just showing how wrong you are when you believe people should have only what you believe they should have. This list is endless of things that people want. People want all sorts of things, fast cars, bow and arrow, roller skates, bowling ball, guns, tennis rackets, pogo sticks, ice skates, the list is endless. All of these things should be handled responsibly. But none of them should be banned from ownership.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
You lost me at second amendment nonsense.

Clearly then all 10 amendments in the bill of rights are equally invalid right? Or is your outrage specific to the second?


I have no "outrage" over the second amendment. Typical try though.
Enter Danny's "straw man". Also typical, accusing someone of something they do repeatedly.

As I stated in a previous post I think that any citizen should have the right to keep and bear arms as a method of protecting themselves and their family/property.

Do you have the ability to discuss ONE issue without making meaningless comparisons or analogies?

You still haven't answered one of my questions Danny, you just pretended to.

Wow, only one word capitalized! I'm improving. Now I'll hurt less peoples feelings! Hooray for me!
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
Do you see the difference in these two statements?

I need one.

I want one.

Carry it further.

I need food.

I want steak an lobster.

Now let us suppose you only eat vegetables. You can of course say. You don't need steak and lobster. Eat vegetables. But I want steak and lobster. I don't really care what you want me to eat it is my choice. Your wants are not my problem. Of course you can say again food and guns are different. You can argue that one needs food. But then you also state that cars and guns are different. So nothing in your opinion compares with guns, is that about right? Because only deranged people want guns and all other people whoe want fast cars or motorcycles are ok just gun people are deranged. Take a step back and look again. No one here is deranged. They just want different things. In fact I am sure some who want that corvette also want an uzi and like steak and lobster also. Does that make them deranged? Who are you to tell anyone what they can have or not have? What gives you the authority to dictate to others what they can own?

You have a better chance drowning in a 10 foot swimming pool than a 4 foot pool so no one should have a 10 foot deep pool. But many people want them. Of course pools are different than guns. We all get that. Just showing how wrong you are when you believe people should have only what you believe they should have. This list is endless of things that people want. People want all sorts of things, fast cars, bow and arrow, roller skates, bowling ball, guns, tennis rackets, pogo sticks, ice skates, the list is endless. All of these things should be handled responsibly. But none of them should be banned from ownership.



Why is it fun to activate a killing machine Aces? What goes through your mind when you pull the trigger?

More nonsense. More inability to answer the questions a ten year old can answer. Yet you keep talking.
Congratulations.

See? No caps, no insults. I'm maturing rapidly.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21014 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
You lost me at second amendment nonsense.

Clearly then all 10 amendments in the bill of rights are equally invalid right? Or is your outrage specific to the second?


I have no "outrage" over the second amendment. Typical try though.
Enter Danny's "straw man". Also typical, accusing someone of something they do repeatedly.

As I stated in a previous post I think that any citizen should have the right to keep and bear arms as a method of protecting themselves and their family/property.

Do you have the ability to discuss ONE issue without making meaningless comparisons or analogies?

You still haven't answered one of my questions Danny, you just pretended to.

Wow, only one word capitalized! I'm improving. Now I'll hurt less peoples feelings! Hooray for me!


To be fair I answered all of your questions. You do not like them or you are having trouble keeping up I am not sure which but it was in the post which you make your sarcastic condescending remark about capitol letters here at the end.

So if it is a comprehension issue let me know so I can slow down for you.

Take a breath you are pretty outraged here. I agree with your anger issues an uzi is not the best thing to have.

I have never said anyone needs one. I can not imagine a reason for one. I can not imagine why people listen to pan flute music either.

I think background checks make sense for firearms and for ammo.

I guess I would like you to give us the inevitable conclusion you have that we outlaw the uzi because you say so. Statistically though is this really the weapon doing all the damage? This is the confusing part which is why I am asking you questions you refuse to answer. How many people annually are killed by the uzi and where does that rank in firearm deaths?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16362 Posts

Profile of tommy
You might need one if you were a coke dealer named Scarface.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
I have never said anyone needs one. I can not imagine a reason for one. I can not imagine why people listen to pan flute music either.

I think background checks make sense for firearms and for ammo

This is the confusing part which is why I am asking you questions you refuse to answer. How many people annually are killed by the uzi and where does that rank in firearm deaths?



No need to slow down for me Danny. You are already moving in slow motion. Also your continued attempts to paint me as being "outraged" are just your opinion. Stop pretending it is a fact. Your continuing to say it doesn't make it so.
Maybe you are the one who should take a breath, preferably a deep one.

Yes they should be outlawed for the average citizen to own. There is no reason for an average citizen to own one. Not because I say so but because it makes no logical sense.

What difference does it make what percentage of gun deaths are because of Uzis. In case you don't know it we're talking about human lives, so what difference does it make which gun killed the most people? Or is even one life lost needlessly acceptable to you so that fools have the right to own killing machines?

You seem to be agreeing with me, "don't need....can't imagine...background checks..." so what is your point exactly? Except to argue for no reason.

In the interest of fairness let's say you did answer all my questions, which you did not, and that I am wrong. Indulge me and state clearly what exactly is your opinion on the second amendment as it applies to todays society and what is available to us?

Go ahead, the sword is there. Jump.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21014 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
NOW we get to it. You DO NOT like the second amendment. How I feel about it is not the question. You are the one taking positions. I suspected this was your end game and your position. Nice to see my assumptions were right.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
What difference does it make what percentage of gun deaths are because of Uzis. In case you don't know it we're talking about human lives, so what difference does it make which gun killed the most people? Or is even one life lost needlessly acceptable to you so that fools have the right to own killing machines?


If "one life lost" in a country of 310 million is your threshold for acceptability, we're going to be banning quite a few things. I think I'll miss trampolines, skateboards, and roller coasters the most.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Good ol' conservative Ben Stein, writing in The American Spectator, tells it like it is:

http://spectator.org/articles/60419/popping-coast-coast

[A] 26-year-old woman with whom our family is on extremely close terms wanted to buy a gun. So Bob and I and a friend of our son’s went to a gun shop. The woman was in ecstasy. It was beyond emotion. It was as if she had been visited by the Holy Spirit. She wanted a big "Dirty Harry"-type .44 magnum. Then she wanted a sporterized version of an AK-47 with a built-in laser sight. She held it up and swung it at imaginary Islamists. Then she wanted a pistol she could shoot at a target. She practiced in the store's shooting range. She was the best shot I have ever seen. Literally off the charts.

She bought a .38/.357 and put a deposit on the camouflaged greenish AK-47 lookalike. "I am getting myself that for Christmas," she said. "Then I'm going to kill something. Maybe a bear." Her blue eyes lit up the whole store. She was in bliss.

"I want to kill something," she said and looked happy.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21014 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So she was going to use it for hunting? Ok we have a problem with that now?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
Do you see the difference in these two statements?

I need one.

I want one.

Carry it further.

I need food.

I want steak an lobster.

Now let us suppose you only eat vegetables. You can of course say. You don't need steak and lobster. Eat vegetables. But I want steak and lobster. I don't really care what you want me to eat it is my choice. Your wants are not my problem. Of course you can say again food and guns are different. You can argue that one needs food. But then you also state that cars and guns are different. So nothing in your opinion compares with guns, is that about right? Because only deranged people want guns and all other people whoe want fast cars or motorcycles are ok just gun people are deranged. Take a step back and look again. No one here is deranged. They just want different things. In fact I am sure some who want that corvette also want an uzi and like steak and lobster also. Does that make them deranged? Who are you to tell anyone what they can have or not have? What gives you the authority to dictate to others what they can own?

You have a better chance drowning in a 10 foot swimming pool than a 4 foot pool so no one should have a 10 foot deep pool. But many people want them. Of course pools are different than guns. We all get that. Just showing how wrong you are when you believe people should have only what you believe they should have. This list is endless of things that people want. People want all sorts of things, fast cars, bow and arrow, roller skates, bowling ball, guns, tennis rackets, pogo sticks, ice skates, the list is endless. All of these things should be handled responsibly. But none of them should be banned from ownership.



Why is it fun to activate a killing machine Aces? What goes through your mind when you pull the trigger?

More nonsense. More inability to answer the questions a ten year old can answer. Yet you keep talking.
Congratulations.

See? No caps, no insults. I'm maturing rapidly.


Activate a killing machine...WOW. (caps) Oh you mean pull the trigger. Why didn't you say so?

I can best answer your question by stating what must be obvious to you. All of my guns must be broke because they have not killed anyone and I have activated them (shot them for the less informed) a multitude of times.

Why is it fun to shoot them? A difficult question to answer. It is like sex. I really cannot explain it to someone who has not tried it. But seriously. I am very competitive and most shooters are and it is a great sport and very relaxing and enjoyable competing and practicing.

Just curious. Do you do anything for enjoyment that requires manual dexterity? If so you may understand the attraction of becoming proficient with a firearm. Do you shoot darts, bowl, play any sports? I am an extremely competitive person and always have been. I love to compete. Be it sports, cards or obviously competitive shooting with all sorts of firearms. While you may find that deranged I can only say I have a lot of company. I do it because I enjoy it. If I did not enjoy it I would simply Refrain from doing it but I surely would not tell others they cannot do it or should not do it.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

So she was going to use it for hunting? Ok we have a problem with that now?

I don't know, do you have a problem with hunting? You think that is what Ben was saying? You would have to ask him, but I doubt that is what he meant. (FWIW I have no problem with legal, safe, hunting.)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21014 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
By the way he was giving a snapshot of what was happening in his life, NOT talking about guns in specific. This was just an encounter he had and nothing more. So to characterize it as "tells it like this" is very disingenuous. But you knew that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Whatever. What I do I know is that you tend to over-parse words and phrases.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16362 Posts

Profile of tommy
Isn't it anti-Semitic to shoot an Uzi?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21014 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, balducci wrote:
Whatever. What I do I know is that you tend to over-parse words and phrases.


Over parse? You are the absolute king of that. I wish Chance was here to do his pot kettle routine.

Sorry whatever is your go to response to context. Not surprising in the least though.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
What difference does it make what percentage of gun deaths are because of Uzis. In case you don't know it we're talking about human lives, so what difference does it make which gun killed the most people? Or is even one life lost needlessly acceptable to you so that fools have the right to own killing machines?


If "one life lost" in a country of 310 million is your threshold for acceptability, we're going to be banning quite a few things. I think I'll miss trampolines, skateboards, and roller coasters the most.


If someone was going to pick up a rollercoaster a kill someone with it then maybe you'd have some point.

To take the fact that life has inherent risk, and use it to say that if you allow one risky thing you have to allow all risky things is ridiculous.

I never said that all guns should be banned, just the ones designed to kill many human beings in a very short period of time. Those should only be in the hands of highly trained professionals whose jobs might require the use of such weapons.

Pure common sense.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
What difference does it make what percentage of gun deaths are because of Uzis. In case you don't know it we're talking about human lives, so what difference does it make which gun killed the most people? Or is even one life lost needlessly acceptable to you so that fools have the right to own killing machines?


If "one life lost" in a country of 310 million is your threshold for acceptability, we're going to be banning quite a few things. I think I'll miss trampolines, skateboards, and roller coasters the most.


If someone was going to pick up a rollercoaster a kill someone with it then maybe you'd have some point.

To take the fact that life has inherent risk, and use it to say that if you allow one risky thing you have to allow all risky things is ridiculous.

I never said that all guns should be banned, just the ones designed to kill many human beings in a very short period of time. Those should only be in the hands of highly trained professionals whose jobs might require the use of such weapons.

Pure common sense.


I think it's common sense that causing death is more relevant than whether or not the thing we're talking about is picked up.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..39~40~41~42~43~44~45~46 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL