The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..40~41~42~43~44~45~46 [Next]
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
While you may find that deranged I can only say I have a lot of company.


I know you have a lot of company, that's the problem.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I think it's common sense that causing death is more relevant than whether or not the thing we're talking about is picked up.


So there is no difference between something that might cause death and something designed for it?
Ok.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So my question about how many Uzi deaths annually makes sense.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Are not all firearms designed to cause death? Same with bow and arrows. As you get rid of the alleged most dangerous one another immediately takes the title. So since one death is to many you have to ban them all.

I am not advocating Uzi for everyone or even anyone. I am trying to understand your position.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:

I think it's common sense that causing death is more relevant than whether or not the thing we're talking about is picked up.


So there is no difference between something that might cause death and something designed for it?
Ok.


Of course there are differences. That doesn't mean that there isn't a similarity or two that could be examined for a limited purpose. Why is one death too many for an Uzi, but multiple deaths are acceptable for a roller coaster?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5156 Posts

Profile of landmark
Oh boy, we've been round that one before. And NYCTwister and others including myself have explained that numerous times, most recently in the post immediately preceding yours. If you don't get it, you don't get it.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Well, it was a rhetorical question. That means I get it, but I don't agree. Moreover, I sincerely doubt that all of my points are understood. So there.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
NOW we get to it. You DO NOT like the second amendment. How I feel about it is not the question. You are the one taking positions. I suspected this was your end game and your position. Nice to see my assumptions were right.


"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I like the second amendment, as I've stated more than once. I just have a problem with some peoples interpretating it to mean that all citizens have the right to possess any weapon.

The bill of rights was written over 200 years ago, during a time period when an average citizen might be called to serve in a militia. Does that sound like what we have today?

Do you think that something written that long ago, should not be re-examined in light of what we've invented?
What was state of the art weaponry then? A single shot musket?

Btw, what you think about the 2nd amendment does matter in this context, since that's what we're talking about.

Yes I do take positions. You should try it sometime. If not then why participatein ANY discussion?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Well, it was a rhetorical question. That means I get it, but I don't agree. Moreover, I sincerely doubt that all of my points are understood. So there.


What are your positions on this matter?
I would really like to hear them clearly stated.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Would you like your freedom of speech re examined? Search and seizure? Right to trial? Because they were all written contemporaneously so according to your theory they all need to be re examined.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Would you like your freedom of speech re examined? Search and seizure? Right to trial? Because they were all written contemporaneously so according to your theory they all need to be re examined.


Sure examine everything in the light of new advancements. If they still apply as written, as those do, then leave them as they are. They pertain to concepts that have not changed.
The 2nd amendment needs to be clarified in light of todays society.

What exactly is your position on this ONE topic? Can you state it clearly?

You keep telling me why you think I'm wrong, and you keep telling me what other people didn't say, but you never seem to say what you think.
Why is that?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
While you may find that deranged I can only say I have a lot of company.


I know you have a lot of company, that's the problem.


Ha, ha. Nice try at dodging the question asked. Obviously you don't compete in anything. Which explains a lot. Here is the question in its whole context not a few cherry picked words as you quoted:

Just curious. Do you do anything for enjoyment that requires manual dexterity? If so you may understand the attraction of becoming proficient with a firearm. Do you shoot darts, bowl, play any sports? I am an extremely competitive person and always have been. I love to compete. Be it sports, cards or obviously competitive shooting with all sorts of firearms. While you may find that deranged I can only say I HAVE A LOT OF COMPANY. I do it because I enjoy it. If I did not enjoy it I would simply Refrain from doing it but I surely would not tell others they cannot do it or should not do it.

Take notice I used CAPS in what you quoted of the whole text. You must really believe people here have short memories and you are the only with with any grey matter. Which just shows now naïve you really are. Or you are a youngster that has not yet grown up. I don't know which. But it is definitely one or the other.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Http://www.military.com/video/guns/rifle......1756001/

In the context of this thread, check the one about 43 seconds in. Not sure how the video recorder guy escaped injury there.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
While you may find that deranged I can only say I have a lot of company.


I know you have a lot of company, that's the problem.


Ha, ha. Nice try at dodging the question asked. Obviously you don't compete in anything. Which explains a lot. Here is the question in its whole context not a few cherry picked words as you quoted:

Just curious. Do you do anything for enjoyment that requires manual dexterity? If so you may understand the attraction of becoming proficient with a firearm. Do you shoot darts, bowl, play any sports? I am an extremely competitive person and always have been. I love to compete. Be it sports, cards or obviously competitive shooting with all sorts of firearms. While you may find that deranged I can only say I HAVE A LOT OF COMPANY. I do it because I enjoy it. If I did not enjoy it I would simply Refrain from doing it but I surely would not tell others they cannot do it or should not do it.

Take notice I used CAPS in what you quoted of the whole text. You must really believe people here have short memories and you are the only with with any grey matter. Which just shows now naïve you really are. Or you are a youngster that has not yet grown up. I don't know which. But it is definitely one or the other.


It wasn't a "nice try" it was a statement of fact.

We should be moving towards a world of less violence, less weapons and less use of force to solve our problems. People like you not only stand in the way of that progress, you actively push us backward.

That's another fact.

Btw, cherry picking is necessary when dealing with you since you say so little worth responding to.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Would you like your freedom of speech re examined? Search and seizure? Right to trial? Because they were all written contemporaneously so according to your theory they all need to be re examined.


Sure examine everything in the light of new advancements. If they still apply as written, as those do, then leave them as they are. They pertain to concepts that have not changed.
The 2nd amendment needs to be clarified in light of todays society.

What exactly is your position on this ONE topic? Can you state it clearly?

You keep telling me why you think I'm wrong, and you keep telling me what other people didn't say, but you never seem to say what you think.
Why is that?


You don't get to be the one to decide those things thankfully. Same stunted myopic logic you use could be used to say the Founding Fathers never conceived of the internet so lets do the first over. Killing 3,000 people at a time is fairly new so lets take away a 6th amendment right as well as a fourth. All possible with that same silly logic. And for what? Your alleged security? Still waiting to see how many of 310 million people every year are gunned down by an Uzi attack.

But you will feel good if that one weapon is banned. That is all that counts is you feeling good. Now you won't go after any other firearm you deem too dangerous just that particular one. We believe that?

My position on the matter is I am happy with my rights. All of them. I am unhappy with the infringement upon them which began at a much more shocking pace after 9/11 in the name of security and safety. It has not abated. I am unhappy with the government using excuses like security and safety to erode our rignts. I do not wish to give them an inch for they will take a mile. My position is not second amendment specific as yours is. It has to do with all the bill of rignts.

So tell me exactly now many firearms you would like to ban. Easy question. Also still curious as to how many Uzi related deaths there are a year accidental or otherwise.

Sorry if I did not cover just one topic there and overloaded you. But since my position encompasses the entire bill of rights I felt for the sake of context and clarity to mention a few.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20586 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, acesover wrote:
While you may find that deranged I can only say I have a lot of company.


I know you have a lot of company, that's the problem.


Ha, ha. Nice try at dodging the question asked. Obviously you don't compete in anything. Which explains a lot. Here is the question in its whole context not a few cherry picked words as you quoted:

Just curious. Do you do anything for enjoyment that requires manual dexterity? If so you may understand the attraction of becoming proficient with a firearm. Do you shoot darts, bowl, play any sports? I am an extremely competitive person and always have been. I love to compete. Be it sports, cards or obviously competitive shooting with all sorts of firearms. While you may find that deranged I can only say I HAVE A LOT OF COMPANY. I do it because I enjoy it. If I did not enjoy it I would simply Refrain from doing it but I surely would not tell others they cannot do it or should not do it.

Take notice I used CAPS in what you quoted of the whole text. You must really believe people here have short memories and you are the only with with any grey matter. Which just shows now naïve you really are. Or you are a youngster that has not yet grown up. I don't know which. But it is definitely one or the other.


It wasn't a "nice try" it was a statement of fact.

We should be moving towards a world of less violence, less weapons and less use of force to solve our problems. People like you not only stand in the way of that progress, you actively push us backward.

That's another fact.

Btw, cherry picking is necessary when dealing with you since you say so little worth responding to.


A world without violence my what a grand idea. But such a world would have to be free of people who name call and condescending attitudes spill from their mouths and try to force everyone to bend to their alleged superior ideas.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
NYCTwister,

As I stated. You don't compete in anything that requires manual dexterity.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Would you like your freedom of speech re examined? Search and seizure? Right to trial? Because they were all written contemporaneously so according to your theory they all need to be re examined.


Sure examine everything in the light of new advancements. If they still apply as written, as those do, then leave them as they are. They pertain to concepts that have not changed.
The 2nd amendment needs to be clarified in light of todays society.

What exactly is your position on this ONE topic? Can you state it clearly?

You keep telling me why you think I'm wrong, and you keep telling me what other people didn't say, but you never seem to say what you think.
Why is that?


You don't get to be the one to decide those things thankfully. Same stunted myopic logic you use could be used to say the Founding Fathers never conceived of the internet so lets do the first over. Killing 3,000 people at a time is fairly new so lets take away a 6th amendment right as well as a fourth. All possible with that same silly logic. And for what? Your alleged security? Still waiting to see how many of 310 million people every year are gunned down by an Uzi attack.

But you will feel good if that one weapon is banned. That is all that counts is you feeling good. Now you won't go after any other firearm you deem too dangerous just that particular one. We believe that?

My position on the matter is I am happy with my rights. All of them. I am unhappy with the infringement upon them which began at a much more shocking pace after 9/11 in the name of security and safety. It has not abated. I am unhappy with the government using excuses like security and safety to erode our rignts. I do not wish to give them an inch for they will take a mile. My position is not second amendment specific as yours is. It has to do with all the bill of rignts.

So tell me exactly now many firearms you would like to ban. Easy question. Also still curious as to how many Uzi related deaths there are a year accidental or otherwise.

Sorry if I did not cover just one topic there and overloaded you. But since my position encompasses the entire bill of rights I felt for the sake of context and clarity to mention a few.


First, rest assured that NOTHING you ever say, about anything, will overload my capacity to understand you. So save the snide remarks okay? Or do you need to say them to make yourself feel better. That is all that matters to you, isn't it?

Second, YOUR myopic logic about the 1st and 6th amendments hold no water. I never said that should be redone. I said there is nothing wrong with examing anything and correcting ones course in light of new developements. What's wrong with that?
The first amendment protects all free speech, the internet included. The 6th doesn't apply to 9/11 since it was a war crime imo.
Do you think that the founding fathers were gods, incapable of error? They themselves said they weren't and that we should always think for ourselves.

Third, I would ban all automatic weapons not just Uzis. No citizen needs one. No one here has told me why one would. Will this lead to a further so-called erosion of rights? Maybe. Your contention that it would definately lead to that is your opinion.

I find your "not one more inch" statement to be interesting. Perhaps the threat I spoke of in question number two is our own government?
Is that what you're thinking? If such a situation should arise do you really think that more weapons would be the solution.

As far as how many deaths are caused by automatic weapons? I don't know. Perhaps we should ask the victims of the mass shootings we never had before they were avilable.
Could those things have happened anyway? Maybe, but they would have probably been far less devestating. Not to mention the fact that the lunatics would perpetrated those acts would have thought twice if they didn't have access to those weapons. They were cowards after all.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, acesover wrote:
NYCTwister,

As I stated. You don't compete in anything that requires manual dexterity.


Manual dexterity? Yeah it takes a lot of that to move your finger a fraction of an inch.
You are quite the athlete. I'm impressed. LMFAO!

Like I said, you say so little worth responding to.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

A world without violence my what a grand idea. But such a world would have to be free of people who name call and condescending attitudes spill from their mouths and try to force everyone to bend to their alleged superior ideas.


Yes it is a grand idea, isn't it?
Such a world would definately need to be free of people who advocate the creation and distribution of more and more powerful weapons.
As far as name calling, condescending attitudes and the rest, I'm reminded of pots and kettles.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Guns don't kill people... (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..40~41~42~43~44~45~46 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL