The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Alan Alan Tribute (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Today, September 1st 2014, there will be a tribute to Alan Alan at The Magic Circle, in London. This is because he had no funeral, as he left his body to science. I'll be there, and I'll let you know all about it later.
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
I wish I had known about this earlier, as I would have definitely been there to show my respects. At this short notice, it's not possible. Mick can you please represent the UKEA & share our thoughts on Alan Alan. He was a Master Escape Artist, an ambassador to the art & a great man.
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
A really nice afternoon with a theatre full of people who loved and respected Alan. We saw video clips of him escaping chains from a burning rope over a cage of lions, his ill-fated buried alive stunt, and even saw him performing close-up magic. His brother and neices were there to share a few personal moments, and many M<agic Circle members gave their own tributes. We even got a goody bag crammed with pictures, postcards and posters. A really well thought out tribute. Thanks to all involved.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Mick, thank you. Sounds like Alan Alan held another audience’s attention one last time.
It would have been nice to be there to see and hear more about the man.
I hope that his very person bequest is a help to science and mankind.
Do you know if his tribute was recorded for release for those who couldn’t make it?
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Ian, usually these type of events are recorded, as The Magic Circle has a "resident" video guy. It might take a while for editing, but if indeed it was filmed, I will make sure you get a DVD.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Thanks Mick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Alan Alan Tribute (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL