The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible harness (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

talmagiczk9
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of talmagiczk9
Hello everyone, My name is Tal Zamir. I'm a magician for children with doves and stage props. I'm pretty new here (at the magic Café) . Smile

Okay so I saw written question in the Magic Café four years ago about what is the bast invisible dove harness. I been a long time debating what kind of invisible dove harness to buy.

Now if you ask yourself: If you've seen the question and had an answer so why do you ask?

So I ask, because not long ago I purchased the Dan Sperry's lecture (which by the way was excellent, fun and recommended). And in the lecture Dan discusses on the harness and he said that today he believes that the most recommended invisible harness is Dan Birch invisible harness.

So I would be happy if you help me which type to choose? Most importantly it would not hurt the dove, and it would be easy for her to get used to.

Thank you very much,

Tal Zamir
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Tal, personally I hate invisible harnesses, no matter what type. They put a strain on the dove. With that said, asking what is the best type of harness is like asking what's better, a red deck or a blue deck. It's all a matter of personal taste.
Where the magic begins
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I agree with Dave. I simply refuse to use invisible harnesses.

(I am not new to dove magic. About 20+ years ago I started and wrote Dove Hotline on the Internet for dove magicians. After 53 years of magic, I still do dove magic and keep about two dozen doves.)

My professional advice is still to find a better method for producing your doves. There are no good reasons to me for subjecting the doves to the dangers of invisible harnesses.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
If you are set on using invisible harnesses with your birds, pick up the one Dimmare makes. I think Collector's Workshop carries them. He pretty much invented that harness, and it comes with a DVD where he explains to you how to keep your birds safe whilst using it.

Best,

Allen
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
talmagiczk9
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of talmagiczk9
Thank you all Smile
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I can't agree picking an invisible harness is like red deck/blue deck...some are terrible. poorly designed. I've seen some from India and even Europe which are a terrible design and basically anything from Asia STAY THE HELL AWAY. If you must use a harness ONLY get one from a reputable seller/user ie DOVE MAGICIAN. Not a catalog or online web site, ebay, etc.
DANSPERRY.COM
talmagiczk9
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of talmagiczk9
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2014, sperris wrote:
I can't agree picking an invisible harness is like red deck/blue deck...some are terrible. poorly designed. I've seen some from India and even Europe which are a terrible design and basically anything from Asia STAY THE HELL AWAY. If you must use a harness ONLY get one from a reputable seller/user ie DOVE MAGICIAN. Not a catalog or online web site, ebay, etc.

Ok thanks you Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I agree with Sperris. Buy dove harnesses from people you know perform with doves.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2014, talmagiczk9 wrote:
Hello everyone, My name is Tal Zamir. I'm a magician for children with doves and stage props. I'm pretty new here (at the magic Café) . Smile

Okay so I saw written question in the Magic Café four years ago about what is the bast invisible dove harness. I been a long time debating what kind of invisible dove harness to buy.

Now if you ask yourself: If you've seen the question and had an answer so why do you ask?

So I ask, because not long ago I purchased the Dan Sperry's lecture (which by the way was excellent, fun and recommended). And in the lecture Dan discusses on the harness and he said that today he believes that the most recommended invisible harness is Dan Birch invisible harness.

So I would be happy if you help me which type to choose? Most importantly it would not hurt the dove, and it would be easy for her to get used to.

Thank you very much,

Tal Zamir

1st let me say, Invisible Dove Harnesses are not invisible. If that is the reason for your considering this type of harness, forget it. It is just harder to see if your audience is 50 feet away.

2ndly, If you are doing children shows, then this is the worst device to use on a dove, as the children will see the tell tail gimmick. If you let the children near the bird as some performers often let the children pet the animals the produce, or visit up close after the show, again this is very dangerous for the bird. As all a child has to do is pull on the visible harness and can harm the bird.

My best advice is to just us a prop like a Dove Pan or if you want to do a body load, then use a Dove Bag and Dove pocket. The bird will not have anything attached to him by using this method, for the children to see or touch.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bill,

Us old folks AGREE. I never use an invisible harness! When I produce a dove he is indeed completely free. I do use dove pockets and dove harnesses (jackets) that are made for me. The Dove's wings are crossed and on top of the tail and cannot be raised until the dove's feet are grasping my finger. It has worked well for me for the last 40+ years. I've NEVER injured a dove.

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible harness (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL