The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin Live (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dgoal123
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of dgoal123
I was heavily debating posting a topic about the penguin live lectures, but have decided to voice my opinion on certain ones. I am going to give recommendations on which lectures to buy and not buy. This is just my opinion and have not seen every lecture, but these are my favorites and least favorites so far.

The Good

1. Curtis Kam- This was a lecture that was so far above any lecture I have seen (with DaniDaortiz). His presentation of the hanging coins is by far the best. He goes over three card effects, Kannibal Cards, Spot, and Shrinking card, two of which, the Kannibal Cards and the Shrinking Cards are spectacular. Spot is an interesting presentation, but I will not use it. He goes over a difficult, but great spellbound routine, and on the request of Dan Harlan goes over coins through the hand. THe lecture is Funny and I would recommend it for anyone.

2. Dani Daortiz- Hilarious and with great material, Dani Daortiz's lecture is another fantastic lecture. It is a true example of how improvisation and creativity can go a long way. He is my favorite performer to watch.

Along with these two I really enjoyed watching the Daniel Garcia lecture as it was gut busting funny, Marcus Eddie for the visual and powerful rubber band and coin routines, Jason England for the usable gambling routines, and Kainoa Harbottle for no identifiable reason. I liked a few other lectures but nothing worth noting

Not for me/Average

1. Michael Rubinstein- While undeniably a great coin worker, his style of magic is not for me. I like my coin magic to be a little more visual then what I got, but a lot of the material on the download was great, but out of my character.

2. Darwin Ortiz- I expected more then what I got. A few routines were worth performing, and a few were not. Nothing special. His ideas regarding theory are worth more then his effects.

The Bad (really bad)

1. Kyle Marlett- In the first five minutes of the download, in his first trick, Kyle Marlett screwed up the magicians choice idea. I This is a concept that every professional magician should know, and he screwed it up, and was teaching it to people. None of the material was special, and a few were not worth the time. I hope he is a better performer then he is a lecturer.

2. Alan Rorrison- I bought this lecture to find out how Alan did the trick performed on Penn and Teller fool us, where he fooled Penn and Teller. When Penn and Teller were stumped, they threw out a wild guess, and Alan said they were wrong. It turns out, that Penn and teller were right, and Alan lied to them. A lot of the tricks require alan to send out a web Link which is inconvenient. I could not understand him most of the time, and nothing theory related I got out of the lecture. The only positive side of the lecture, was when Alan penetrated a pen through a dollar bill. Besides that, the lecture is not worth anybody's time.

So those are views on penguin live lectures. On a side note I have heard that miguel angel gea's lecure, Shawn Farquar's and David Regal's lecture are worth getting.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Penguin Live (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL